ECT MAD has no clue what "dispensation " means in scripture ! NONE

Danoh

All untrue.

Mat 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
Mat 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Mat 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Mat 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Nope, not just yet...

Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Acts 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

whitestone

We use different starting points.

Jhn 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Jesus was sent to a people whose only way in their mind to approach God was the law. Then when the Messiah actually came with a message of "grace" everything they thought they knew and understood was turned upside down. Many accepted the Messiah and many did not. Of course there would be a conflict between the law and the grace that Jesus brought and taught, which debate goes on even today.

Sorry to hear you have been ill. Good to see you are feeling better.

Keep the Son in your eyes.

Look at John 1:16 KJV "grace for grace" (he is quoting John the baptist) and then he makes the statement in John 1:17 KJV but the same issue still remains in that John(Gospel of John) was not written until "after the events in Acts 15" and so by then yes he would have understood it they resolved it in acts 15...

whitestone

OK, right, but why does D'ism imagine a 2nd VALID gospel and hardly deal with this--which appears to be the one threat of another gospel? Whether you answer it in terms of exact chronological details or of theology does not matter--either will do.

Ephesians 3:2 KJV that stewardship the very thing they are considering in Acts 15...

dodge

Look at John 1:16 KJV "grace for grace" (he is quoting John the baptist) and then he makes the statement in John 1:17 KJV but the same issue still remains in that John(Gospel of John) was not written until "after the events in Acts 15" and so by then yes he would have understood it they resolved it in acts 15...

I understand the events in "John" were written after "Acts" but they actually happened before the events in acts.

whitestone

I understand the events in "John" were written after "Acts" but they actually happened before the events in acts.

Kind of off the subject but not really if you remember we discussed it about 6 or so months ago but while we are on the subject of their debate over gentiles being circumcised and following the law ect. and whether or not peter was "afraid" of those of the circumcision in Acts 10:47 KJV is it proper to command them to comply with this law(the various washings) and then explain that Jesus had told them Acts 11:16 KJV ? He's(Peter) both saying he knows that Jesus said they would be baptised with the Holy Ghost and that they should comply to Johns baptism. Just something to ponder now that it has been shown that they were in fact of the mind that those gentiles should be circumcised and follow the law up to Acts 15.

Danoh

whitestone never implied otherwise.

That is what you read INTO what he said.

Because as you have continued to prove: you have not studied out in Scripture itself the Principles of Bible Study it teaches.

As a result, your approach is mostly what you read INTO the passages.

As you have just done with what whitestone said.

Because that is what you have been doing with the Scripture.

Because you have not studied out in Scripture itself the Principles of Bible Study it teaches.

As a result, you read things INTO a thing, unaware that you have done that.

Because that has become your habit after all this time unaware that any kind of reading comprehension follows principles or rules of thumb.

Unaware of what those are, the tendency, as you have continued to prove; is to go by one's own, unaware that one is doing just that.

And one of those errors is the flawed principle of reading INTO a thing.

All this that I have described to you itself is based on a principle taught in Scripture:

The principle that a tree is known by its' fruit.

The principle of Recurrent Patterns.

Toward your speedy recovery from this obviously long entrenched habit of yours, bro.

Rom. 5:8
Prov. 27:17.

dodge

whitestone never implied otherwise.

That is what you read INTO what he said.

Because as you have continued to prove: you have not studied out in Scripture itself the Principles of Bible Study it teaches.

As a result, your approach is mostly what you read INTO the passages.

As you have just done with what whitestone said.

Because that is what you have been doing with the Scripture.

Because you have not studied out in Scripture itself the Principles of Bible Study it teaches.

As a result, you read things INTO a thing, unaware that you have done that.

Because that has become your habit after all this time unaware that any kind of reading comprehension follows principles or rules of thumb.

Unaware of what those are, the tendency, as you have continued to prove; is to go by one's own, unaware that one is doing just that.

And one of those errors is the flawed principle of reading INTO a thing.

All this that I have described to you itself is based on a principle taught in Scripture:

The principle that a tree is known by its' fruit.

The principle of Recurrent Patterns.

Toward your speedy recovery from this obviously long entrenched habit of yours, bro.

Prov. 27:17.

Danoh, I responded to an event that was recorded in John about the law coming by Moses but grace and truth coming by Jesus Christ only to show that Jesus brought grace and for whatever reason those in MAD want to make grace begin with Paul when that was actually what John spoke to and Jesus brought.

By focusing on Acts instead of what Jesus came for and accomplished "grace" the study principles you are so quick to mention only hinder your ability to go back to the source and focus on a debate still going on today i.e. grace Vs. law !

My walk of faith began in and with Jesus the rest is for correction, reproof,and doctrine etc, but the fulfillment of the law was by Jesus -salvation is and of Jesus-there is no other name among men whereby we must be saved-at the name of Jesus every knee will bow He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

If you are comfortable skipping where it started and focusing on the debate that still rages between grace and law be my guest. Grace was settled in my life a long time ago before I ever heard of MAD.

dodge

MAD has always maintained that no one was, is, or will be saved without grace.

MAD has never claimed that grace started with Paul.

MAD claims Paul revealed a mystery and was the first in the B.O.C. , which of course is wrong.

Do you believe the 12 Apostles are in the B.O.C. ?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
MAD claims Paul revealed a mystery and was the first in the B.O.C. , which of course is wrong.

Do you believe the 12 Apostles are in the B.O.C. ?
I repeat ....

MAD does not teach that grace started with Paul.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope, not just yet...

Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Jesus was not praying for the wicked or for that apostate nation, which had gone down the same path as the northern kingdom before it.

Jer 7:14 Therefore will I do unto this house, which is called by my name, wherein ye trust, and unto the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.
Jer 7:15 And I will cast you out of my sight, as I have cast out all your brethren, even the whole seed of Ephraim.
Jer 7:16 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee.

Acts 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Only the elect believers of OT Israel had turned to Christ, and it was due to the grace shown them after their error that they filled with the Holy Spirit and become His witnesses in Jerusalem and all of the world were they had come from.

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

LA

Danoh

Danoh, I responded to an event that was recorded in John about the law coming by Moses but grace and truth coming by Jesus Christ only to show that Jesus brought grace and for whatever reason those in MAD want to make grace begin with Paul when that was actually what John spoke to and Jesus brought.

By focusing on Acts instead of what Jesus came for and accomplished "grace" the study principles you are so quick to mention only hinder your ability to go back to the source and focus on a debate still going on today i.e. grace Vs. law !

My walk of faith began in and with Jesus the rest is for correction, reproof,and doctrine etc, but the fulfillment of the law was by Jesus -salvation is and of Jesus-there is no other name among men whereby we must be saved-at the name of Jesus every knee will bow He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

If you are comfortable skipping where it started and focusing on the debate that still rages between grace and law be my guest. Grace was settled in my life a long time ago before I ever heard of MAD.

lol dodge, your supposed wisdom is in your own mind.

As with many who quote John 1:17 and say "there it is" and think they have proven something; all you have proven is that you read what you think a passage like that is saying, into it.

It is obvious that you, just like many haven't much of a clue what EVERY part of that passage is talking about.

Further, you have yet to prove that passage is talking about the same grace that the Lord is talking about later, through the Apostle OF THE GENTILES.

Feel free to break down EVERY part of that passage to us all.

Until then, you might as well be asserting that the salvation spoken of in Exodus 14:13, is the same salvation being referred to in Romans 1:16.

Lol, I know; time for one of your now famous excuses.

But only iron sharpeneth iron, bro; not excuses - Feel free to break down EVERY part of John 1:17 to us all. :chuckle:

Your in Him,

Prov. 27:17

Last edited:

dodge

lol dodge, your supposed wisdom is in your own mind.

As with many who quote John 1:17 and say "there is it" and think they have proven something; all you have proven is that you read what you think a passage like that is saying, into it.

It is obvious that you, just like many haven't much of a clue what EVERY part of that passage is talking about.

Further, you have yet to prove that passage is talking about the same grace that the Lord is talking about later, through the Apostle OF THE GENTILES.

Feel free to break down EVERY part of that passage to us all.

Until then, you might as well be asserting that the salvation spoken of in Exodus 14:13, is the same salvation being referred to in Romans 1:16.

Lol, I know; time for one of your now famous excuses.

But only iron sharpeneth iron, bro; not excuses - Feel free to break down EVERY part of John 1:17 to us all. :chuckle:

Your in Him,

Prov. 27:17

lol, the only thing you can do with John 1:17 is either believe it as the statement it is or go to destroying the meaning of the verse.

John 1:17 (NKJV)
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

I understand that Paul is not mentioned in John 1:17 therefore those in MAD do their best to CHANGE what is meant and proclaimed in that verse.

Danoh

lol, the only thing you can do with John 1:17 is either believe it as the statement it is or go to destroying the meaning of the verse.

Basic Principle:

1 Corinthians 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

And...

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

And one of the first things a child begins to learn towards that, in Basic Reading Comprehension 101, is that in reading, there is often a difference between what any word; or phrase; or even a whole passage appears to be saying, and what it might actually be saying.

Basic Reading Comprehension Principle:

Compare words, phrases, and or passages with one another for better comprension of what was actually meant by what was said.

Case in point:

John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. 11:12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. 11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: [/b]but they thought that he had spoken of[/b] taking of rest in sleep. 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

A comparison of verse 12 with verse 13 shows they had believed what He had appeared to be saying, not what He had actually meant.

Did you do any of that in your quoting of the following?

John 1:17 (NKJV)
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

No, you did not.

You basically ignored it's first word, underlined the rest, highlighted it in red, and followed that with your usual rambling...

I understand that Paul is not mentioned in John 1:17 therefore those in MAD do their best to CHANGE what is meant and proclaimed in that verse.

You only proved once more that you are going by what you have concluded "that passage is talking about."

You went on about what is meant but you did not prove that what you have concluded was meant in that passage is what was actually meant, by it.

Your actual complaint is your own self-delusion, bro. The self-delusion that others have changed what was meant in that passage.

For you have not proven what was actually meant in that passage.

You have only proven yours is the same old, same old of far too many.

The same old, same old of "well, what it means to me is..."

Time to "put away childish things" bro.

Time to face the fact that merely posting (what basically amounts to your having posted) "just believe the Bible" says nothing.

Time for the practice of the Basic Principle of...

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Time to Compare Scripture with Scripture.

Which is basically what this that follows, and its' intended result...is.

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

He compared Scripture with Scripture to them.

His intended result?

Luke 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

You have not done that, bro.

All you basically do is post a passage; assert others have changed its' meaning, and that's it.

As far as you are concerned, you think you have proven that against others.

What you actually prove, is that you go by what you think a passage is saying.

Again, merely stating "just believe the Bible" only proves a faulty Reading Comprehension.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Hunh?

How, LORD?

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

How?

1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Why?

Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

By reason of use of all the above Bible Study Principles...

I just now proved via the Scripture, that the Scripture has built-in Study Principles it expects one to both consciously know and consciously apply.

Towards what intended end?

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

You have proven nothing by quoting that one verse - John 1:17.

And again, its' first word "For" is more than just part of that verse, also.

Your highlighting of the rest of that passage only....just shows you quoted the whole only because the word "For" is part of that verse.

Not because you actually understood it's intended role in that verse.

Just one more Principle you violate...unawares, bro.

For as "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus revealed His purpose was grace which those in MAD claim was not revealed until Paul.
Your statement that MAD claims grace started with Paul is false.
You should be truthful about that.

dodge

Your statement that MAD claims grace started with Paul is false.
You should be truthful about that.

Tam. I have no need to lie against anyone. I have been told by some in MAD that Paul was the first in the B.O.C. and the first to receive grace of the new message that was only revealed to Paul.