ECT MAD error #433: That Israel was offered a restored state

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Sad...some one fell and you glory in it.

As with your use of the word "lost" there - it depends on what you mean by it, in your use there - who knows what LA may or may not have meant by the word "bashing."

Nevertheless, LA was banned, that was supposed to have ended this matter.

Why is it then, that that is not the end of that?

Why the need to not only glory in some hollow victory; but to continue to?

Why is it that pointing this out will not result in what it is meant to - in repentence not to be repented of?

But I could not speak unto you as unto spiritual.

Mads - of all people.

Who should know better.

Who should walk the grace they talk.

For shame, bro...

Yeah Danoh, LA might have meant it as a compliment? Do ya think that might have been the case? :)

That sounds like when Bill Clinton said: "It depends what the word is, is?"

Interplanner

:chuckle:

Nowhere do the scriptures say that David's throne is in heaven.

But they do say that the Lord Jesus is presently seated at the right hand of the Father....in the Father's throne.

David never had a throne in heaven!
David's throne has always been Jerusalem on this earth and ruling over the twelve tribes in the land promised to Abraham through Isaac and their descendants forever. Irrevocable!

2Sa 3:10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.

1Ki 2:11 And the days that David reigned over Israel were forty years: seven years reigned he in Hebron, and thirty and three years reigned he in Jerusalem.
1Ki 2:12 Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly.

1Ki 2:45 And king Solomon shall be blessed, and the throne of David shall be established before the LORD for ever.

Psa 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
Psa 89:35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
Psa 89:36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

I guess you haven't read Rom 1, where this is fulfilled in the resurrection. Or Acts 13, where "David's purposes ended in his generation" and the realm over which Christ reigns is different but he is the Son of David. Or again in its quote from Isaiah that the promises to David were given to the Servant. Or I Tim 2, that part of the Gospel is that he is the Son of David. Already. Or Acts 15, that the fallen tent of David is raised in that the nations are coming to believe on Christ. Or Acts 26, in which the leaders of Judaism want a 'restoration' but Paul says the thing they hope for is already here in Christ.

Interplanner

I still would like to know what the ITP man means by the phrase 'end of time'.

I'm not real sharp and I just can't make heads nor tails of that one!

It may be the end of the 490 which is extremely decisive by any account, because at the end of it: Messiah has accomplished an enormous amount, but the city and sanctuary of Israel are in ruins.

In the generation of Christ, it can mean simply that generation because the DofJ was definitely going to happen and all accounts were that the final judgment would also take place 'right after' the DofJ (Mt 24:29). But a delay was allowed, and obviously has taken place.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You mean your constant Mad "bashing"?

It appears to me that, even YOU often take the opportunity to attack a fellow MAD yourself. I've seen you do it on occasion. Aren't you being kinda hypocritical? :confused: I'm a MAD in good standing and I've been on the blunt end of a number of your attacks.

I'll be the first to admit that "Inter" is a "MAD Hater," but why attack your own?

Danoh

Danoh wrote:
What you continue to fail to see is that Paul is not doing either unless one; he is dealing with the issue of Israel.

Two; other times he quotes the OT when he is making use of a principle that is the same both in the OT/NT but that at the same time differs in his unique application of it within the Mystery he both preached and wrote of - which is neither OT, nor NT.

Two nonsense grammaticals in a row. I have a headache. Your 2nd line is oxymoronic! 'same in both...which is neither OT nor NT'!!!

Make it simple for youself brother and just DEFINE THE VEIL!!!

Scripture is comprised of the OT, the NT, and the Mystery.

You erroneously fuse them into one.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I guess you haven't read Rom 1, where this is fulfilled in the resurrection. Or Acts 13, where "David's purposes ended in his generation" and the realm over which Christ reigns is different but he is the Son of David. Or again in its quote from Isaiah that the promises to David were given to the Servant. Or I Tim 2, that part of the Gospel is that he is the Son of David. Already. Or Acts 15, that the fallen tent of David is raised in that the nations are coming to believe on Christ. Or Acts 26, in which the leaders of Judaism want a 'restoration' but Paul says the thing they hope for is already here in Christ.

Unsatisfactory response.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It may be the end of the 490 which is extremely decisive by any account, because at the end of it: Messiah has accomplished an enormous amount, but the city and sanctuary of Israel are in ruins.

In the generation of Christ, it can mean simply that generation because the DofJ was definitely going to happen and all accounts were that the final judgment would also take place 'right after' the DofJ (Mt 24:29). But a delay was allowed, and obviously has taken place.

Your use of the term 'end of time' in at least three posts appeared to imply a future cessation of time.
I would like to know what your conception of an existence like that would be.

Interplanner

Your use of the term 'end of time' in at least three posts appeared to imply a future cessation of time.
I would like to know what your conception of an existence like that would be.

Time seems to be tied to our existence and God is before, above and after all that. The created order will not exist in the NHNE the way it does now. Prophetic visions try to sketch it, but we know that so many things will be completely different. They will be glorified.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Time seems to be tied to our existence and God is before, above and after all that. The created order will not exist in the NHNE the way it does now. Prophetic visions try to sketch it, but we know that so many things will be completely different. They will be glorified.

Will there be events following other events?

Interplanner

We don't know. we just know righteousness dwells there and we will worship the King. For God and Christ are the temple and the light. We will be like th65e angels.

Is 65:17. The former things will not be remembered.

Interplanner

:chuckle:

You cannot use that as a blanket statement to prove whatever you want. There is a context for that statement.

Yes, like 58's new fasting, like 53's servant (not Israel), like 'my servants vs the evils ones' and on and on and on. The old is discarded to make room for a new way. Like Hebrews 8:8, 13, and 10:9. Did I mention that that was in HEBREWS? I am more, not less, acquainted with the context.

How do you define the veil that Paul refers to?

SaulToPaul 2

Yes, like 58's new fasting, like 53's servant (not Israel), like 'my servants vs the evils ones' and on and on and on. The old is discarded to make room for a new way. Like Hebrews 8:8, 13, and 10:9. Did I mention that that was in HEBREWS? I am more, not less, acquainted with the context.

How do you define the veil that Paul refers to?

Paul who?

The writer of Hebrews tells us what the veil represented.

Interplanner

Paul who?

The writer of Hebrews tells us what the veil represented.

I did jump sources on that, sorry. I meant what Paul said about the entire old covenant in 2 Cor 3-5. I thought perhaps major chunks of statements about the covenants would have been in mind. Not the veil of the temple, but the blindspot when it comes to reading the old covenant and its promises.

Right Divider

Body part
Please give us SPECIFIC scriptural references for EACH one of these claims!

It so easy to just throw out vague claims. We need the DETAILS.