ECT MAD error #433: That Israel was offered a restored state

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, he was talking about how it reigns already. He is lord and ascended on high, "though the eye of sinful man / his glory may not see." He was enthroned in the resurrection and allowed to sit at the Right Hand. Most references to the kingdom of God are about how it is at work right now.

No ordinary NT passage about the 2nd coming speaks of a millenium. Just one in symbolic materials that should not be used to found doctrine. That (Rev 20) is referring to the current age which ends with a short rebellion, the overthrow, and then there is the NHNE where God and Christ are the Light and the Temple. It will be physical, but physical will itself be too redeemed for us to imagine now.

You could be right that the millenium is a much shorter time than a thousand years but then it might be much longer as well.

It it men will not learn war, and the devil is bound and shut up in a pit.

So you will have a hard time to deny these facts.

Also,
Israel of the thousand years consists of Christians of no flesh distinctions.

LA

Interplanner

You could be right that the millenium is a much shorter time than a thousand years but then it might be much longer as well.

It it men will not learn war, and the devil is bound and shut up in a pit.

So you will have a hard time to deny these facts.

Also,
Israel of the thousand years consists of Christians of no flesh distinctions.

LA

yes, you're right about the length. The expression simply means immeasurably long, where the end is not really connected to the beginning as would be the case with one individual king. And yes, it is the believers and without distinctions of ethne/race.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
yes, you're right about the length. The expression simply means immeasurably long, where the end is not really connected to the beginning as would be the case with one individual king. And yes, it is the believers and without distinctions of ethne/race.

Yes,

the restored Israel is the nation of Christians from any races of the earth.

There is no restoration of that nation which Christ died to finish.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Try repenting that nothing worse comes upon you.

Ninevah repented, you do not believe you need repent of anything.

LA

No, not from any Spiritual standpoint. You predicted that someone would cut my head off years ago and now you've been spreading the rumor that I beat my wife. Will you repent of those things? You're a real "Whack-a-do."

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, not from any Spiritual standpoint. You predicted that someone would cut my head off years ago and now you've been spreading the rumor that I beat my wife. Will you repent of those things? You're a real "Whack-a-do."

You keep mentioning it.

Ninevah repented at the preaching of Jonah.

You refuse.

Do you realize what Jonah said?

Jon 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
Jon 3:5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.

You need to do the same.

If you were there, you would have laughed at Jonah and derided him, as you do on this board.

Repenting is good for the soul.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You keep mentioning it.

Ninevah repented at the preaching of Jonah.

You refuse.

Do you realize what Jonah said?

Jon 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
Jon 3:5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.

You need to do the same.

If you were there, you would have laughed at Jonah and derided him, as you do on this board.

Repenting is good for the soul.

LA

Will you repent of your vicious lie, then?

Interplanner

Oh look, IP ignoring another request for substantiation.

You are apparently referring to an offer to restore Israel. There is none by Christ. Everything was moving toward the messianic mission referred to so often in Isaiah, Amos. The lines that sound like it are there because there is a slight similarity. But it was never going to be confined to Israel or rooted in the law and Judaism.

The times of refreshing were the work of the Spirit in the early chapters of the church.

The restoration of everything is not about Israel but worldwide; it is the NHNE. That's why Rom 4 does not connect Abraham's promise exclusively with the land of Israel (nor exclusively with the ethne) but with the world to come.

It could have happened right after the DofJ, but God delayed.

Acts 13 is the best treatment of Israel's history to the point of the resurrection. Everything was shaped to make the mission work of Messiah successful.

The echo of 13 in the hearing in 26 validates this. MAD would expect to see Paul calm down the leaders by mentioning a future restoration; he does not. Paul laments that Judaism is spending so much effort operating the temple worship system, when the hope of Israel has already come to pass in the resurrection. Paul confirms that he wishes all people would do what he is doing: working in missions to the ends of the earth. The same desire as found in the middle of Rom 10 through 11. But he is also braced by knowing that rejection of this was predicted in Isaiah.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since Lazy Afternoon has publicly accused me of "Beating my Wife."
LA is a moron.

Personally, I have never beaten anyone. (Except for those 6 thugs who attacked me in an alley 20 years ago, four of which ended up in the Hospital with minor abrasions and concussions.)
YAY!

I got married in 1973. I married my High School sweetheart. After 12 years of matrimony, she grew weary of my habit of picking the cobwebs off our living room ceiling by merely reaching up, clutching them in my fingertips and placing them in my pants pocket. You see, I'm very tall and have the arm length of an Orangutan. She suffered in silence over that period of time and when she could bear it no more, she asked for a Divorce. From that moment on I vowed to never remarry.

I thought I should explain this egregious accusation so it doesn't draw any further questions.

The long arm of the law!
I dub you Head of Security in the superstitious MAD elite cultist club.

Right Divider

Body part
You are apparently referring to an offer to restore Israel. There is none by Christ. Everything was moving toward the messianic mission referred to so often in Isaiah, Amos. The lines that sound like it are there because there is a slight similarity. But it was never going to be confined to Israel or rooted in the law and Judaism.

The times of refreshing were the work of the Spirit in the early chapters of the church.

The restoration of everything is not about Israel but worldwide; it is the NHNE. That's why Rom 4 does not connect Abraham's promise exclusively with the land of Israel (nor exclusively with the ethne) but with the world to come.

It could have happened right after the DofJ, but God delayed.

Acts 13 is the best treatment of Israel's history to the point of the resurrection. Everything was shaped to make the mission work of Messiah successful.

The echo of 13 in the hearing in 26 validates this. MAD would expect to see Paul calm down the leaders by mentioning a future restoration; he does not. Paul laments that Judaism is spending so much effort operating the temple worship system, when the hope of Israel has already come to pass in the resurrection. Paul confirms that he wishes all people would do what he is doing: working in missions to the ends of the earth. The same desire as found in the middle of Rom 10 through 11. But he is also braced by knowing that rejection of this was predicted in Isaiah.
So you still have not gotten to reading Isaiah 60. Shame on you.

SaulToPaul 2

He was the lamb of God from day one. What are you talking about exactly (since your generalization takes no thought to post)? The only kingdom or reign is that which existed through the Spirit and the power of the word, which is why it was 'there' but 'not seen' nor with outward manifestations. What are you talking about?

Why was Passover and the Day of Atonement months apart?
Was the Passover a sin offering?