Lyin' NASA

musterion

We scrapped the tech to get to the Moon and back again. It would cost at least tens of unjustifiable billions to rebuild it all.

Mars? Not happening.

The Berean

We scrapped the tech to get to the Moon and back again. It would cost at least tens of unjustifiable billions to rebuild it all.

Mars? Not happening.

The Apollo program technology is 40 years obsolete.

Elon Musk wants to land humans on Mars in 2024. That is very ambitious. We'll see how how this works out.

Last edited:

Daniel1769

We've been hearing about space tourism for decades. It hasn't happened yet. They were so sure it would. It hasn't happened because it isn't possible. No private company has been able to open space travel to the public. It's because they can't, and neither can NASA. People will believe anything because they saw a picture of it on TV.

musterion

We've been hearing about space tourism for decades. It hasn't happened yet. They were so sure it would. It hasn't happened because it isn't possible. No private company has been able to open space travel to the public. It's because they can't, and neither can NASA. People will believe anything because they saw a picture of it on TV.

Andy Griffith did it.

The Berean

Scaled Composites launched two private space flights way back in 2004 with SpaceshipOne. They are working on SpaceShipTwo which is currently in its testing phase.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

musterion

Agsin, the Moon is old hat. We are going to Mars within 8-9 years with SpaceX, a private company, leading the way.

Point is no one can even get to the moon now. Forget "been there, done that." The tech for that relatively small step was scrapped. The braintrust that did it arguably no longer exists. Mars is a far bigger and far riskier venture -- entirely aside from funding. I'd take your money if I were a betting man and knew we'd both be here in 8-9 years.

The Berean

Point is no one can even get to the moon now. Forget "been there, done that." The tech for that relatively small step was scrapped. The braintrust that did it arguably no longer exists. Mars is a far bigger and far riskier venture -- entirely aside from funding. I'd take your money if I were a betting man and knew we'd both be here in 8-9 years.
The braintrust today has a far greater knowledge base then back then. The Apollo tech was scapped because it's obsolete. Granted I don't know why SpaceX doesn't go to the Moon first? With their Falcon 9 Heavy and the Dragon space capsule they could land on the Moon in 3-4 years tops.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

The Berean

We are going to the moon again. And it won't .be NASA doing it. SO I guess a few thousand amateurs and volunteers will have to do the lying without professional help.
Ugh. Don't remind me. I tried fervently to get my company to sponsor a team to compete in the Google Lunar X Prize competition. But I couldn't convice the top level executives to sponsor our team. :noid:

chair

Ugh. Don't remind me. I tried fervently to get my company to sponsor a team to compete in the Google Lunar X Prize competition. But I couldn't convice the top level executives to sponsor our team. :noid:

A shame. I am very glad that my country has a team with a real chance.