Lyin' NASA

The Berean

Wait, wait, hold on a minute. SD, you believe in a flat Earth? I never knew this about you. Seriously? :idunno:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Wait, wait, hold on a minute. SD, you believe in a flat Earth? I never knew this about you. Seriously? :idunno:

No, I don't personally get that from the four corners of the earth. I think the corners of the field speak of a later resurrection though--those left-over folks (Mt 24:41).
rollface.gif

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
An argument on YouTube now.
drool.gif

No really--you can believe NASA. :juggle:

NASA lies. What's unclear?

I've flown around the world ten thousand times. I think it's round.
drool.gif

Get godly eyes and ears on and get back to me.

Wow SD! do you really buy into this flat earth nonsense? If so I will have to lump you in with the rest of the nut jobs...NASA is certainly in the business of propagating the man made global warming lie but, considering the occupation that I am in I can tell you unequivocally that the earth is not flat and that our exploration of space is quite real...Just saying

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Wow SD! do you really buy into this flat earth nonsense? If so I will have to lump you in with the rest of the nut jobs...NASA is certainly in the business of propagating the man made global warming lie...
That is the least of what they're doing--and not doing (all but that guy who photoshopped in a jelly donut for us). :eek:

...but, considering the occupation that I am in I can tell you unequivocally that the earth is not flat and that our exploration of space is quite real...Just saying.
Considering the occupation I'm in, I'd have to count on a round earth, too. Space? The final frontier? I don't know anything about that. Haven't been there, myself.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
That is the least of what they're doing--and not doing (all but that guy who photoshopped in a jelly donut for us). :eek:

OK, sounds like some Alex Jones conspiracy stuff you are walking in...your choice, your reality, certainly not a reality I am familiar with, or share.

Considering the occupation I'm in, I'd have to count on a round earth, too. Space? The final frontier? I don't know anything about that. Haven't been there, myself.

What occupation are you in?

You don't have to experience space first hand to be educated on the subject.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The Earth as Fixed, Firm, Immovabe!

1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”
Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”
Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”
Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”
Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”

enoch24.gif

Amos 9:6 (ESV) it is he that buildeth his chambers in the heaven, and hath founded his vault upon the earth; he that calleth for the waters of the sea and poureth them out upon the face of the earth; the LORD is his name.

The Vault of Heaven

- Elihu asks Job, “Can you beat out [raqa] the vault of the skies, as he does, hard as a mirror of cast metal (Job 37:18)?”
Elihu's question shows that the Hebrews considered the vault of heaven a solid, physical object. Such a large dome would be a tremendous feat of engineering. The Hebrews (and supposedly Yahweh Himself) considered it exactly that, and this point is hammered home by five scriptures:

Job 9:8, “...who by himself spread out the heavens [shamayim]...”
Psalm 19:1, “The heavens [shamayim] tell out the glory of God, the vault of heaven [raqiya] reveals his handiwork.”
Psalm 102:25, “...the heavens [shamayim] were thy handiwork.”
Isaiah 45:12, “I, with my own hands, stretched out the heavens [shamayim] and caused all their host to shine...”
Isaiah 48:13, “...with my right hand I formed the expanse of the sky [shamayim]...”

The Shape of the Earth

Jeremiah 49:36 And upon Elam will I bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven, and will scatter them toward all those winds; and there shall be no nation whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come. -
Ezekiel 7:2 Also, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD unto the land of Israel; An end, the end is come upon the four corners of the land.
Daniel 4:11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth.
Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in. -
Matthew 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them. -
Acts 10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth.
Acts 11:5 I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me.
Revelation 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. -
Revelation 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm
Given that conservative Christians insist on a literal interpretation of the Bible and their mistrust of science, then the only logical conclusion that conforms to this approach is that the world is indeed flat.

Once they are forced to concede that the Bible can be interpreted metaphorically, then other parts, including the Creation in Genesis, can be explained in a non-literal terms!

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I don't discuss personal information here but you can PM me if you're dying to know.

Not dying to know but, certainly curious as to why your occupation would hinder your ability to attain knowledge of the cosmos, space, planets, stars, etc.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The Earth as Fixed, Firm, Immovabe!

1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”

Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”

Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”

Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”

Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”

https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm
Sort of goes back to Aristotle--but wrong thread.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
About nothing. If you're not following the Black Star report this is Greek to you.
No idea what the Black Star is. Never heard of it. :idunno:

You believe they tell the truth. I believe they lie.
I don't believe that's what I wrote. I don't assume anyone is lying without reason. Every claim by anyone or group should be subject to reasonable scrutiny, which is why I asked "about what?" in response to your sarcasm on the point.

"Everything" doesn't strike me as a reasonable response.

You're ignorant.
Of all sorts of things. It's the human condition.

That is not an insult that means you are uninformed about arguments for and against the Black Star.
Okay, I appreciate the qualifier and don't have an informed opinion on whatever Black Star is, so I can't argue with that much.

There's a whole thread about it. A link has been provided for your convenience. :plain:
It's a hot topic on YouTube.
You would have to have read the thread. In that thread is a link to another thread.
Fair enough. If or when I can muster the time I will. Until I do I won't comment on it further. Seems fair.

On the "other thread" and "Google" bits...it seems reasonable that if you start a thread it's up to you to provide the context and particulars, the argument and connections. Otherwise it's like some peculiar homework assignment.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No idea what the Black Star is. Never heard of it. :idunno:
On the "other thread" and "Google" bits...it seems reasonable that if you start a thread it's up to you to provide the context and particulars, the argument and connections. Otherwise it's like some peculiar homework assignment.
:rotfl:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

an optional assignment

iow, if you're not interested, go play somewhere else