ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

Danoh

Jesus' words are for everyone.

Matthew 8:1 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. 8:4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. 5:23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; 5:24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Obey away, GT. Let me know if you need any animals towards that "gift," I can get you a discount at a good, Kosher farmhouse...

IF you buy in quantity; which should be no problem for you, for o how you love to obey every command of Jesus...

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 8:1 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. 8:4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. 5:23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; 5:24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Obey away, GT.

You need to understood what the gift is under the new covenant.

You not only believe you are not under the new covenant [you are not] but you expect Gods people will return to the law in the future millennium.

{and you call Christians, fools]

LA

Danoh

You need to understood what the gift is under the new covenant.

You not only believe you are not under the new covenant [you are not] but you expect Gods people will return to the law in the future millennium.

{and you call Christians, fools]

LA

"Now we know that...the law for righteousness" never was "FOR righteousness."

One thing it WAS, though, IS a Covenant between God and the physical seed of Jacob: Israel.

Deuteronomy 4:5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it. 4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. 4:7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for? 4:8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

Isaiah 2:1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

It IS ISRAEL's IDENTITY as HIS witnesses before the world in "the world to come."

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

One thing it WAS, though, IS a Covenant between God and the physical seed of Jacob: Israel.

You do not believe the Bible very much do you.

Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Danoh

LA, all you are doing is reading passages that are NOT speaking of the same things, let alone, in the same way, as reading the same way.

Very poor study habit on your part, which, until you actually re-examine said poor habit; round and round we shall go with your kind...

Right Divider

Body part
LA, all you are doing is reading passages that are NOT speaking of the same things, let alone, in the same way, as reading the same way.

Very poor study habit on your part, which, until you actually re-examine said poor habit; round and round we shall go with your kind...
None of these types (LA, etc) have ANY idea what "in the flesh" means in THAT context (Romans 9:8).

Danoh

None of these types (LA, etc) have ANY idea what "in the flesh" means in THAT context (Romans 9:8).

Yep. In Romans 9, Paul is talking about the seed of Jacob: actual, physical ISRAEL, when he then CONTRASTS between THEM and THEIR actual, physical BUT BELIEVING Remnant.

He is NOT talking about the Body of Christ, NOR is he addressing the same issue he is addresding in Galatians.

In Romans 9 he is CONTRASTING BETWEEN Abraham's BELIEVING and UNBELIEVING seed in the flesh: the NATION Israel.

Both groups WITHIN THEIR NATION had been born OF ISAAC IN JACOB.

BUT only one of them were IN Isaac SPIRITUALLY.

Isaac had not only been born of Sarah, BUT ALSO of GOD:

Romans 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, 9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

The issue is verse 6 as to BOTH Believing and UNbelieving ISRAEL.

Only one of BOTH GROUPS OF ISRAELITES had believed and was thus born of God, as Isaac had been.

Paul could just as easily have said "for they are not all of Isaac, which are of Isaac."

Because both were OF Isaac IN THE FLESH.

But only ONE group had believed, and as a result, had been born of God, as Isaac had been.

He is CONTRASTING BETWEEN those OF ISRAEL after the flesh in UNBELIEF and those OF ISRAEL after the flesh that had BELIEVED.

John does exactly the same thing THROUGHOUT John.

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

John 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

John 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

God's Truth

Obey away, GT. Let me know if you need any animals towards that "gift," I can get you a discount at a good, Kosher farmhouse...

IF you buy in quantity; which should be no problem for you, for o how you love to obey every command of Jesus...

God nailed the regulations to the cross, and the temple has been destroyed. Take the whole counsel of the Lord.

God's Truth

What in the world are you talking about. The law was for righteousness, and those who obeyed God were righteous.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are a phony.

Why?

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep. In Romans 9, Paul is talking about the seed of Jacob: actual, physical ISRAEL, when he then CONTRASTS between THEM and THEIR actual, physical BUT BELIEVING Remnant.

He is NOT talking about the Body of Christ, NOR is he addressing the same issue he is addresding in Galatians.

In Romans 9 he is CONTRASTING BETWEEN Abraham's BELIEVING and UNBELIEVING seed in the flesh: the NATION Israel.

Both groups WITHIN THEIR NATION had been born OF ISAAC IN JACOB.

BUT only one of them were IN Isaac SPIRITUALLY.

Isaac had not only been born of Sarah, BUT ALSO of GOD:

Romans 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, 9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

The issue is verse 6 as to BOTH Believing and UNbelieving ISRAEL.

Only one of BOTH GROUPS OF ISRAELITES had believed and was thus born of God, as Isaac had been.

Paul could just as easily have said "for they are not all of Isaac, which are of Isaac."

Because both were OF Isaac IN THE FLESH.

But only ONE group had believed, and as a result, had been born of God, as Isaac had been.

He is CONTRASTING BETWEEN those OF ISRAEL after the flesh in UNBELIEF and those OF ISRAEL after the flesh that had BELIEVED.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

LA

Derf

I obey and you do not.

Why do you ask others to judge me? Others that you know do not like me and falsely judge me?

You sound like those that left it to the Jews to persecute Jesus.

You are not better than the people that had part in Jesus' crucifixion.

Matthew 27:17 So when the crowd had gathered, Pilate asked them, "Which one do you want me to release to you: Jesus Barabbas, or Jesus who is called the Messiah?"

You ask people here that you KNOW hate me. You have the spirit of one that is not right.

How about this, you keep your personal opinions about me to yourself, and speak only about the scriptures.

This site is not for you to tell others what you think about them.

I answer to God and care very little what you think of me, or what any man thinks of me.

You are absolutely right that I am no better than those that crucified the lord--my sins put him on that cross.

As did yours, and Tambora's & "Right Divider's", and Serpentdove's.

Last edited:

Derf

You could apologize, Derf.

I could, and I shall be happy to, if I can figure out what I'm apologizing for. You complain that I judged you, which is a true statement. If that is what I need to apologize for, please explain to me why that's different from you telling me that I'm judging you--isn't that a judgment as well? The fact that you think you need an apology from me is a judgment, but you are no more my master, than I am yours.

Rather if we submit ourselves to one another, we INVITE judgment, and it's a good thing, from brothers and sisters--it keeps us from becoming proud or continuing in sin, which are both really the same thing, don't you think?

john w

Hall of Fame
What in the world are you talking about. The law was for righteousness, and those who obeyed God were righteous.

Vs.

1 Timothy 1:9 KJV knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Contrasts.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Vs.

1 Timothy 1:9 KJV knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Contrasts.

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Rom 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.