ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

Derf

You missed it, so, I will slow it down for you:

"You leave out scriptures you don't agree with,"-DD

I know that's quite deep.....inhale it.

Rightly divide the word of truth....

The Lord Jesus Christ commanded his disciples to sell all:

Command given: Mt. 19:21 KJV, Mk. 10:21 KJV;Luke 12:33 KJV, Luke 18:22 KJV
Command obeyed: Mt. 19:27 KJV;Mk.10:28 KJV;Luke 5:11KJV, Luke 18:28 KJV, Acts 2:44-45 KJV,Acts 4:32-34 KJV
Penalty for disobedience-death-Acts 5:1-11 KJV

Do you have "...all things common...": Acts 2:44 KJV, Acts 4:32-34 KJV , Acts 3:6 KJV?

Well?

"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" Luke 6:46 KJV

Have you sold all your possessions? This is one of the commands of the Lord Jesus Christ, in simple, 6th grade English, Jethro:

"Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." Matthew 19:21 KJV

"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth." Luke 12:32-33 KJV

("Extra credit" on this test! Please elaborate as to why you do or "do not the things" of giving alms, since obviously the body of Christ is being addressed here-"little flock"=the body of Christ.)

"Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me." Luke 18:22 KJV

Read it-"sell all that thou hast,"

Any answer along the lines of "He really did not mean that literally- He was merely ONLY attempting to teach/convey a spiritual truth", or, "that was before the cross and the resurrection", will be "red marked" as incorrect, and "non responsive/incomplete", for the disciples did exactly what the Lord Jesus Christ said, both before and after the death, burial, and resurrection:

"before"

"Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?" Matthew 19:27 KJV

Read it-"we have forsaken all,"

"Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee." Mark 10:28 KJV

"Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee." Luke 18:28 KJV

Read it-"we have left all"

"after"

"And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need." Acts 2:44 KJV , Acts 2:45 KJV

Read it-"all things in common"

"Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." Acts 3:6 KJV

That is why Peter said "Silver and gold have I none;"-he sold it all, per direct orders, from the Commander In Chief, the Lord Jesus Christ, the reason being in the context of the impending(at that time) "Great Trib."

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need." Acts 4:32-35 KJV

Read it-"all things in common"/They sold their homes, land.
Communism, folks. Anyone doing that today? I thought so. Watch the upcoming spin.....Watch.

(PS: "Extra credit" on this test! Provide your analysis as to the merits of communism, i.e., "...all things common..." vs. "free enterprise"/"capitalism", per Acts 11:29 KJV ,"every man according to his ability...", " today. And we must "leave out "

"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." 1 Timothy 5:8 KJV

since, obviously Paul had not read the previous cited scriptures. Why Paul?!)

Penalty for disobedience:death-Acts 5:1-11 KJV, per Numbers 15:29-31 KJV :

"Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them. But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him."

I expect each and every believer to "Produce your cause......bring forth your strong reasons...", as to why you do obey these commands, or, conversely, why you "....do not do the things which I say..."(Luke 6:46 KJV). If you do obey these commands, I would at least respect your intellectual honesty, and your consistency.

As Elijah of old demanded, and I likewise demand: "...How long halt ye between two opinions?..." (1 Kings 18:21 KJV)

And I do not expect "....And the people answered him not a word...." (1 Kings 18:21 KJV)

Nice reply JW, your super power is almost showing again.

How did you type that? Do you use a desktop or a laptop or what? Do you own it?

john w

Hall of Fame
John W., Jesus' words when he walked the earth are for everyone forever. You have to obey his teachings in the gospels before you will get understanding.

See John 14:21.

Jesus' words did not become null and void when he died.
Paul did not preach a different gospel.

Fine. Sell all you have.

Fraud-ette.

john w

Hall of Fame
Nice reply JW, your super power is almost showing again.

How did you type that? Do you use a desktop or a laptop or what? Do you own it?

Sell all you have.

That's what I thought.

Have a seat, deceiver-ette.

john w

Hall of Fame
I sold my trailer and 100 shares of Mayberry Power & Light.
I have nothing left to give, saint john.

Oh, you are a regular Steve Allen this morning, aren't you, Mayor? Why don't you head on over to Warren Buffet's house, in Omaha, Nebraska, and tell him that you are a hedge fund money manager, at "Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe," and suggest, like Hawkeye Pierce did to Frank Burns, that he sell all of Berkshire Hathaway class A share holdings, and invest it in Pioneer Aviation(ticker symbol "PATSY")? I bet that would make you the king of comedy, at work, as you gather around the water cooler, wouldn't it, Mayor? You beat everything.

john w

Hall of Fame
Better yet, Mayor, why don't you buy Mayfield Power and Electric, the "Ward Cleaver" pick, instead of the Eddie Haskell's highflier/short sale, Jet Electro?

SaulToPaul 2

Better yet, Mayor, why don't you buy Mayfield Power and Electric, the "Ward Cleaver" pick, instead of the Eddie Haskell's highflier/short sale, Jet Electro?

Oh boy, you're a regular Jerry Lewis today aren't you, saint john?

Why don't you buy that vacant lot down by Metzger's field and charge old people and children $5 a pop to walk though it? Wouldn't that be a scream?

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh boy, you're a regular Jerry Lewis today aren't you, saint john?

Why don't you buy that vacant lot down by Metzger's field and charge old people and children $5 a pop to walk though it? Wouldn't that be a scream?

I would, Mayor, but I'm in no hurry to falsify. Others in your Breen-ite cult may be in a hurry, and believe in falsifying, but I don't. Virgil W and I got that from my daddy's side of the family.
So there.

SaulToPaul 2

I would, Mayor, but I'm in no hurry to falsify. Others in your Breen-ite cult may be in a hurry, and believe in falsifying, but I don't. Virgil W and I got that from my daddy's side of the family.
So there.

I don't believe in falsifying, either. You can ask Fred Rutherford whom I work with down at "the office".

andyc

You missed it, so, I will slow it down for you:

I know that's quite deep.....inhale it.

Rightly divide the word of truth....

The Lord Jesus Christ commanded his disciples to sell all:

Command given: Mt. 19:21 KJV, Mk. 10:21 KJV;Luke 12:33 KJV, Luke 18:22 KJV
Command obeyed: Mt. 19:27 KJV;Mk.10:28 KJV;Luke 5:11KJV, Luke 18:28 KJV, Acts 2:44-45 KJV,Acts 4:32-34 KJV
Penalty for disobedience-death-Acts 5:1-11 KJV

Do you have "...all things common...": Acts 2:44 KJV, Acts 4:32-34 KJV , Acts 3:6 KJV?

Well?

"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" Luke 6:46 KJV

Have you sold all your possessions? This is one of the commands of the Lord Jesus Christ, in simple, 6th grade English, Jethro:

"Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." Matthew 19:21 KJV

"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth." Luke 12:32-33 KJV

("Extra credit" on this test! Please elaborate as to why you do or "do not the things" of giving alms, since obviously the body of Christ is being addressed here-"little flock"=the body of Christ.)

"Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me." Luke 18:22 KJV

Read it-"sell all that thou hast,"

Any answer along the lines of "He really did not mean that literally- He was merely ONLY attempting to teach/convey a spiritual truth", or, "that was before the cross and the resurrection", will be "red marked" as incorrect, and "non responsive/incomplete", for the disciples did exactly what the Lord Jesus Christ said, both before and after the death, burial, and resurrection:

"before"

"Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?" Matthew 19:27 KJV

Read it-"we have forsaken all,"

"Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee." Mark 10:28 KJV

"Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee." Luke 18:28 KJV

Read it-"we have left all"

"after"

"And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need." Acts 2:44 KJV , Acts 2:45 KJV

Read it-"all things in common"

"Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." Acts 3:6 KJV

That is why Peter said "Silver and gold have I none;"-he sold it all, per direct orders, from the Commander In Chief, the Lord Jesus Christ, the reason being in the context of the impending(at that time) "Great Trib."

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need." Acts 4:32-35 KJV

Read it-"all things in common"/They sold their homes, land.
Communism, folks. Anyone doing that today? I thought so. Watch the upcoming spin.....Watch.

(PS: "Extra credit" on this test! Provide your analysis as to the merits of communism, i.e., "...all things common..." vs. "free enterprise"/"capitalism", per Acts 11:29 KJV ,"every man according to his ability...", " today. And we must "leave out "

"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." 1 Timothy 5:8 KJV

since, obviously Paul had not read the previous cited scriptures. Why Paul?!)

Penalty for disobedience:death-Acts 5:1-11 KJV, per Numbers 15:29-31 KJV :

"Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them. But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him."

I expect each and every believer to "Produce your cause......bring forth your strong reasons...", as to why you do obey these commands, or, conversely, why you "....do not do the things which I say..."(Luke 6:46 KJV). If you do obey these commands, I would at least respect your intellectual honesty, and your consistency.

As Elijah of old demanded, and I likewise demand: "...How long halt ye between two opinions?..." (1 Kings 18:21 KJV)

And I do not expect "....And the people answered him not a word...." (1 Kings 18:21 KJV)

There's a difference between being willing to give, and having to give.
We know from the account of Ananias and Sapphira, that the money was theirs to do as they felt led. They did not have to sell their land and give to the apostles (Acts 5:4).

What does Paul your messiah have to say about it?

2Cor 8:12-1512 For if there is first a willing mind, it is accepted according to what one has, and not according to what he does not have. 13 For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened; 14 but by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may supply their lack, that their abundance also may supply your lack——that there may be equality. 15 As it is written, "He who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack."

Paul told the Corinthians to supply those who lacked, out of their own abundance, which is exactly the same as what happened at the church in Jerusalem. In fact the giving of the saints at Corinth, was to provide for the poor at Jerusalem. So it's the same.

Give it up, plagiarizer.

andyc

andy sure has a root of bitterness towards saint john w the great.
wonder what causes that?

Not bitterness. Disgust more like.

Btw, your negrep comment, "Post your proof of plagairsm". Didn't you see my example?

Consider the book of Galatians, which is a stern, severe, corrective, and solemn message-there is no word of commendation, praise or thanksgiving. Paul's "heart" is laid bare here as the letters are peppered with deep emotion and strong feeling. This is his "fighting epistle"-he is on a war path, with no tolerance for legalism! It is the declaration of freedom from all types of legalism. While Romans was from Paul's "head" with its lawyerly, systematic treatise on justification by faith, and faith alone, Galatians was from his heart. It is the boldest, strongest declaration and defense(as is this brilliant, humble post) of the doctrine of justification by faith in and out of the scriptures, and, as such, is God's polemic on behalf of the most vital truth of the Christian truth against any attack. That is, not only is a sinner saved by grace through faith(not commitment), but the saved sinner lives by grace(sanctification=commitment=the Christian "walk").

J Vernon McGee - Genesis To Revelation

In this epistle the heart of Paul the apostle is laid bare, and there is deep emotion and strong feeling. This is is fighting epistle—he is on his war path. He has no toleration for legalism. Someone has said that the Epistle to the Romans comes from the head of Paul while the Epistle to the Galatians comes from the heart of Paul. A theologian has said, “Galatians takes up controversially what Romans puts systematically.”............................
Galatians is the strongest declaration and defense of the doctrine of justification by faith in or out of Scripture. It is God’s polemic on behalf of the most vital truth of the Christian faith against an attack. Not only is a sinner saved by grace through faith lus nothing, ut the saved sinner lives by grace. Grace is a way to life andJ a way of life. These two go together, by the way.

john w

Hall of Fame
There's a difference between being willing to give, and having to give.
We know from the account of Ananias and Sapphira, that the money was theirs to do as they felt led. They did not have to sell their land and give to the apostles (Acts 5:4).

What does Paul your messiah have to say about it?

Paul told the Corinthians to supply those who lacked, out of their own abundance, which is exactly the same as what happened at the church in Jerusalem. In fact the giving of the saints at Corinth, was to provide for the poor at Jerusalem. So it's the same.

Give it up, plagiarizer.

Made up. They were told to sell all, leave all, and communism, you wicked satan plagiarizer, and TBN("The Devil's Broadcastingv Network") plagiarizer. You plagiarized the above, and most of the satanic, emotional dung "doctrine," straight from TBN, Daystar, CBN, so stuff your jazz, you vile child of the devil.

"Paul told the Corinthians to supply those who lacked, out of their own abundance,"-you

Later he told them that, you demon, as Israel was gradually, temporarily, being set aside.

"which is exactly the same as what happened at the church in Jerusalem"

No, punk-they were told to sell all, share all-communism, in early Acts.

Sell all you have, punk. Share it all. "Give it all up," Opie.

I thought so.

Fruitcake fraud.

Get saved, and raise the dead, as you assert happens today, which you merely plagiarized from other sites/articles.

I thought so, you "charismatic" charlatan, scammer, like those other charlatans/clowns, from whom you copy'npaste/re-hash/plagiarize, and that you mimic from the "Back to Pentecost" scam.

andyc

Made up. they were told to sell all, leave all, and communism, you wicked satan plagiarizer, and TBN("The Devil's Broadcastingv Network". You plagiarized the above, and most of the satanic, emotional dung "doctrine," straight from TBN, Daystar, CBN, so stuff your jazz, you vile child of the devil.

"Paul told the Corinthians to supply those who lacked, out of their own abundance,"-you

Later he told them that, you demon, as Israel was gradually, temporarily, being set aside.

"which is exactly the same as what happened at the church in Jerusalem"

No, punk-they were told to sell all, share all-communism, in early Acts.

Sell all you have, punk. Share it all.

I thought so.

Fruitcake fraud.

Get saved, and raise the dead, as you assert happens today, which you merely plagiarized from other sites/articles.

I thought so, you "charismatic" charlatan, scammer, like those other charlatans/clowns, from whom you copy'npaste/re-hash/plagiarize, and that you mimic from the "Back to Pentecost" scam.

Obviously those in full time ministry had to live by faith, as Paul (your messiah) also had to (1Cor 9:14).