ECT Local church question for MADs

musterion

A description written by someone in the so-called Free Grace Alliance, which somehow is/was related to GES:

While GES does hold that the cross and resurrection of Christ are essential to Christ’s saving work, they do not believe that those facts are a necessary part of the saving message.

So in other words...the DBR is indeed God's means to save you, that's only a technical point an evangelistic message need not be cluttered with. If you want to be saved, you don't need to be aware that the DBR is God's means to save you (meaning, if you don't need to know it, you don't need to believe it).

That explains why you see the gospel of John cited way more than Paul in evangelistic materials, and hence the label "crossless gospel."

Yet Paul didn't tell the Corinthians that they could just "trust in Jesus for eternal life." What he recounts telling them is something pretty simple but much more specific:

1 Cor 15:2-4

musterion

Unrelated to the above, a co-worker has invited me to his church, which is Steven Furtick's. I'd vaguely heard of the guy but only now looked him up. Hoo boy. I asked my friend if Furtick preaches Christ per the revelation of the mystery. He didn't know, so I said to please look it up.