ECT Local church question for MADs

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Found word of a dispensational church local to me, the only one that I'm aware of in this covenant Baptist/Evangellyfish heavy area. They are not mid-Acts but they do not appear Calvinistic. They do practice water baptism but do not consider it essential. They do not believe in sign gifts for today. They say they believe the Body started at Pentecost (hence water baptism) and state that the Body could not have begun in Acts 28...which tells me they're aware of MAD but for some reason chose not to mention it. They have the Gospel correct and look to be sound on identification/positional truths. Are any of you MADs familiar with a church like this one? I'm going to visit it.

I never really got into such detailed info on any church I visited.
But I never was partial to the Sunday morning sermon, but was much more interested in Sunday school and bible study classes given at the churches.
I prefer the interaction rather than just sitting and listening.

There was rarely a church that I avoided just because of a difference in a few doctrinal views.

The only churches that I did start to avoid were the RCC and Pentecostals.
I leaned nothing there, and both were so repetitive of the same agenda and practices over and over and over, that you learn next to nothing.
All that 'slain in the Spirit' stuff nauseated me, and the RCC was just boring.

musterion

I am impressed how concise and blunt the detail is on their SOF page is. It's VERY unusual for this area, which tend to say little or nothing of their core doctrines (because they usually don't have any). But they'll tell you all about their yoga classes.

Danoh

Galatians 5:8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you. 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

:chuckle: Where are DanP and heir when they are needed?

They are just about the only other MADs on here who would tell you you are off in this would be pursuit of a home among the "leaven."

Please prayerfully study this out.

Thus far, all you have been relating and get support from has been from human viewpoint and so called personal experiences over "Nevertheless, what saith the Scripture?"

Rom. 5: 6-8.

DAN P

Galatians 5:8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you. 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

They are just about the only other MADs on here who would tell you you are off in this would be pursuit of a home among the "leaven."

Thus far, all you have been relating and get support from has been from human viewpoint and so called personal experiences over "Nevertheless, what saith the Scripture?"

Hi and I have been sick all monthe from the flu and am just am feeling better !!

You are the HYBRID , so tell me what Gal 5:8 and 9 mean , and than I will respond and use your STUDY so called approach !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and I have been sick all monthe from the flu and am just am feeling better !!

You are the HYBRID , so tell me what Gal 5:8 and 9 mean , and than I will respond and use your STUDY so called approach !!

dan p

Never mind any of that; get well soon first.

We can deal with those issues after that, and on the right thread.

Til then, remember...

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Yours in Him,

Eph. 4:16

musterion

Preaches about leaven...but also posts video of a racist who says black people are racially cursed by God while under grace. Priceless.

Interplanner

Found word of a dispensational church local to me, the only one that I'm aware of in this covenant Baptist/Evangellyfish heavy area. They are not mid-Acts but they do not appear Calvinistic. They do practice water baptism but do not consider it essential. They do not believe in sign gifts for today. They say they believe the Body started at Pentecost (hence water baptism) and state that the Body could not have begun in Acts 28...which tells me they're aware of MAD but for some reason chose not to mention it. They have the Gospel correct and look to be sound on identification/positional truths. Are any of you MADs familiar with a church like this one? I'm going to visit it.

You want a place where people believe that the Gospel was preached from Gen 3 on. That Abraham saw Christ's day and rejoiced, and that 'in your Seed, all the nations will be blessed' refers to that same Gospel. That the NT says this is the truth about the OT, and that it never was about the city of Zion in Judea, because a "Cornerstone" who is a person can't be laid in that kind of place, Is. 29.

Danoh

Preaches about leaven...but also posts video of a racist who says black people are racially cursed by God while under grace. Priceless.

Nonsense, I have been one of the few on here who have stood up against anyone expressing racist diatribe.

And you have just called God a racist for all those centuries He placed one ethnicity: Jews - above all the others of the earth, which He do again, one day.

You are woefully ignorant on a lot of complex issues in Scripture and how God can say and do and or bring about, various of the things He says and does and or will bring about.

That, and your so easily prone to allowing yourself to twist things into the service of your duplicity, and here we are - your doing that once more.

All I have done was tried to enlighten you on this erroneous "home finding" of yours within enemy's of The Mystery.

Time for you to run to a mod; right about now.

Danoh

You want a place where people believe that the Gospel was preached from Gen 3 on. That Abraham saw Christ's day and rejoiced, and that 'in your Seed, all the nations will be blessed' refers to that same Gospel. That the NT says this is the truth about the OT, and that it never was about the city of Zion in Judea, because a "Cornerstone" who is a person can't be laid in that kind of place, Is. 29.

He is already headed towards that.

Nevertheless, thanks for your helping him on his way to said error.

At least you have given your input; where his pals have failed him, thus far.

musterion

Nonsense, I have been one of the few on here who have stood up against anyone expressing racist diatribe.

Except Jordan.

And you have just called God a racist for all those centuries He placed one ethnicity: Jews - above all the others of the earth, which He do again, one day.

Red herring. You are such a leftist.

You are woefully ignorant on a lot of complex issues in Scripture and how God can say and do and or bring about, various of the things He says and does and or will bring about.

More Bulverism. You are the master.

That, and your so easily prone to allowing yourself to twist things into the service of your duplicity, and here we are - your doing that once more.

Ensign Bulver, that's your new name.

All I have done was tried to enlighten you on this erroneous "home finding" of yours within enemy's of The Mystery.

Oh.

Time for you to run to a mod; right about now.

Don't need to. You're more than exposed and marginalized yourself. Take careful note of the few on TOL who take you at all seriously. They're the only ones still fooled by your act.

Danoh

2 Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. 2:5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully. 2:6 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits. 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: 2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound. 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Rom. 5:6-8.

andyc

Wait!!!

Do they wash their hands before they eat??????

Danoh

Wait!!!

Do they wash their hands before they eat??????

With acid - and only if they've been reading Stam's "Things That Differ." :chuckle:

For when it becomes known one "follows Paul" all those hearty "God bless you brother!" become a very cautious, leery-eyed, "God-bless..."

It is amusing to watch that dark shadow come over such. :chuckle:

One time I went to go see some Pastor about some business he had called me about.

When I arrived at his assembly hall, I found him in his study preparing for an upcoming Sunday Morning Sermon.

Laid out before him were his Bible and various commentaries he was jotting down crib notes from.

He brings up the Lord, and the upcoming Sunday service, and so on.

I change the subject.

He goes with that only to come back to those issues.

Concluding I obviously believe I have "no time for the things of the Lord" he carefully admonishes that "all Believers should be about getting souls saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."

'That'll work' I say. 'So, would you say you are all about Eph. 3:9's "make all men see what is the fellowship of the Mystery"?'

"What in the world is that?"

Of course, he is a Pastor and I am not. So there is a good chance I will not be getting anywhere with him anyway.

'Tell ya what' I said 'we're not meeting about that...'

He cuts me off with "oh, I always have time for the things of the Lord; what's this fellowship of, of this mystery you mentioned?"

Still, I well know their routine by now, so I again deflect with 'Tell ya what, a good Pastor friend of mine would be more on your level than I would be; I'll call him up and see if you two can meet. In the meantime, you and I can focus right now on the business matter you called me here to talk about; fair enough?'

We do just that.

They met once, and he agreed to a second meeting.

Prior to that second meeting he is all of sudden not taking my calls to confirm said meeting.

I give the guy the benefit of the doubt....

When I finally do get him on the phone, he proceeds to go into how that he had "googled" this, that the other "about this, this, this mystery - you guys are a cult - God bless, I have to go now; I have other things to do..."

The whole thing cracked me up. :chuckle:

At the same time...

There is...no reasoning with such.

On to the next gainsayer.

John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

For as an old saying well goes - "you cannot say the wrong thing to the right person; and you cannot say the right thing to the wrong person."

Thank God for Rom. 5: 6-8.

DAN P

Hi and in Gal 5:8 , The deceptive persuasion (IS ) not from the ONE calling you !!

The Greek words ONE CALLING YOU / KELEO is in the PRESENT TENSE of continuous action and places Galatians in the dispensation of the Grace of God .

Who was doing the deceptive persuasion , it was the other program called Kingdom of Heaven or called the Circumcision or called Peter , as referenced in Gal 2:14 !!

Looks like 2P 2P going , side by side , even tho Israel has already been set aside , 2 Cor 3:13-15 !!

Lets hear your take . danoh !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and in Gal 5:8 , The deceptive persuasion (IS ) not from the ONE calling you !!

The Greek words ONE CALLING YOU / KELEO is in the PRESENT TENSE of continuous action and places Galatians in the dispensation of the Grace of God .

Who was doing the deceptive persuasion , it was the other program called Kingdom of Heaven or called the Circumcision or called Peter , as referenced in Gal 2:14 !!

Looks like 2P 2P going , side by side , even tho Israel has already been set aside , 2 Cor 3:13-15 !!

Lets hear your take . danoh !!

dan p

I believe I have made my point, and have basically stopped posting on this thread, DP.

But very well, I'll address your cluelessness...

My take on those passages is more or less the same as yours, DP.

No problem there.

But that was not why I quoted those passages.

I quoted those passages - not to you - but to Musti - and within the context of what he has been talking about in this thread.

He has been talking about his seeking to find a home within a non-Mystery based assembly.

Which I have strongly disagreed with.

THAT is why I quoted the following passages to HIM...

You come along, DP, and pull a hybrid (forming a conclusion absent of a thing's actual, near, and remote context, and so on).

:chuckle:

God love ya, DP.

musterion

Seeing entire peoples cursed while under grace for their skin color isn't leaven, apparently.

If you knew a leftist moby seed-pickin' troll had infiltrated TOL to sow dissent within MAD, would you expect it to act ANY differently?