ECT Local church question for MADs

Danoh

Seeing entire peoples cursed while under grace for their skin color isn't leaven, apparently.

If you knew a leftist moby seed-pickin' troll had infiltrated TOL to sow dissent within MAD, would you expect it to act ANY differently?

You being you - in your ignorance off a soundbyte not only isolated from what had to have been an entire study, but isolated by a brother (Justin) who though he clearly often means well, and I have often enjoyed his messages and still do, often makes mistakes in his sermons, simply due to a clear failure to study a thing out in more depth before allowing himself his take on it.

As for this nonsense from you about me - exactly how you will be viewed by those within your new home among the Baptists, the minute they find you are "one, one, one of those - oh my God - uh, uh - uh Bullingerite!"

I still think you are making a huge mistake.

Regardless of your obvious duplicity and stupidity towards me, I pray you reconsider.

As with any other group out there, these Baptists you are so excited about fellowshipping with, are nothing more than the result of a long line NOT of this...

2 Timothy 1:14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.

BUT of this...

1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

I leave you to your thread.

Be well.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

Interplanner

Hi and in Gal 5:8 , The deceptive persuasion (IS ) not from the ONE calling you !!

The Greek words ONE CALLING YOU / KELEO is in the PRESENT TENSE of continuous action and places Galatians in the dispensation of the Grace of God .

Who was doing the deceptive persuasion , it was the other program called Kingdom of Heaven or called the Circumcision or called Peter , as referenced in Gal 2:14 !!

Looks like 2P 2P going , side by side , even tho Israel has already been set aside , 2 Cor 3:13-15 !!

Lets hear your take . danoh !!

dan p

I thought 2P2P as an expression was banned for being ambiguous.

Interplanner

From the stupidity museum:
The Greek words ONE CALLING YOU / KELEO is in the PRESENT TENSE of continuous action and places Galatians in the dispensation of the Grace of God .

Not that this isn't the dispensation of grace, but that one verb tense means that. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@Sherman

Admins have the ability to censor the word and replace it with a phrase each time it appears in a post. The same admin function that obfuscates profanities can be used to accomplish this task.

Humor to start the day:

For example, each time the word "Calvinism" appears, it could be replaced with "the most accurate rendering of the teachings of Scripture, Calvinism, "

Just sayin'. ;)

AMR

DAN P

I believe I have made my point, and have basically stopped posting on this thread, DP.

But very well, I'll address your cluelessness...

My take on those passages is more or less the same as yours, DP.

No problem there.

But that was not why I quoted those passages.

I quoted those passages - not to you - but to Musti - and within the context of what he has been talking about in this thread.

He has been talking about his seeking to find a home within a non-Mystery based assembly.

Which I have strongly disagreed with.

THAT is why I quoted the following passages to HIM...

Galatians 5:8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you. 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

You come along, DP, and pull a hybrid (forming a conclusion absent of a thing's actual, near, and remote context, and so on).

:chuckle:

God love ya, DP.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

Hi and you did not address my reply , in Gal 5:8 , O WELL !!

dan p

DAN P

Hi and to bad and they is no one who can rebuke what I wrote , concerning Gal 2:14 as Peter was PROSELYTING Galatian believers and Paul in verse 11 resisted Peter to his face because Peter was having been condemned !!

I have been out of the loop for a month and if I get banned for Gal 2:14 , do it !!

I am not harmed by nor afraid of what INERPLANNER has to say concerning what Kingdom teachers VS the Dispensation of the Grace of God !!

dan p

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

He put a space in it to get rid of the reftagging. I banned it because of the reftagging confusion. When you post it without the space I get this----> 2 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow ...Second Peter Chapter 2.
That Reftag has nothing to do with the discussion.

musterion

He put a space in it to get rid of the reftagging. I banned it because of the reftagging confusion. When you post it without the space I get this----> 2 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow ...Second Peter Chapter 2.

Oh but it does!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Oh but it does!

What a hoot! Sometimes the machine is smarter that the masters of the machine.

AMR

Last edited:

Lon

Similar to 1M1S :think: (Maccabees 1:1)

glorydaz

And you have just called God a racist for all those centuries He placed one ethnicity: Jews - above all the others of the earth, which He do again, one day.

Hmmm....Is that what you call it? :think:

Ezekiel 36:17-22
Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman. Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it: And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them. And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the Lord, and are gone forth out of his land. But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went. Therefore say unto the house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

whitestone

Only a leftist would misuse the Bible to make a specious response as that. Don't be fooled.

lol, in the towns I live around it's just the same like you say. There's a Church and all over it it says the big D, until I went and then well...

Just go,worship God at the end if you consider it the same and leave,well if the two of you go it will be worth it. lol go to Church for someone else...

musterion

We visited the church yesterday. Nice folks but that's pretty much to be expected anywhere. One traditional hymn, the rest were canned contemporary muzak with touchy-feely lyrics. The sermon was out of 1 Timothy.

I had not realized this from their website but it turns out the church is affiliated with Grace Evangelical Society. From what I read, some GES churches have been in slow-motion split mode over several issues, not least of which is the "crossless Gospel" heresy. This seems to be largely attributed to Bob Wilkin, current GES president. My wife was not familiar with anything about GES (apart from knowing I've been getting their magazines since I was a IFB...never bothered removing my name from their list and there is almost no "meat" each issue...if there is it's almost by accident...the rest is doctrinal soy "meat").

Anyway, I showed her two booklets from the lobby by Wilkin where John 5:24, etc is presented as the gospel of salvation -- "believing in Jesus unto eternal life" -- hence the cross-less gospel. I am happy that she understood exactly what the problem is. For people who believe as Wilkin does, it's all about eternal life...which is fine, but it's almost completely taken out of John.

The cross and resurrection is mentioned but rarely preached, and never (that I've seen) preached with Pauline clarity as God's means of our salvation. Why don't they? Because John didn't. So I think it'd be tough for them to deny anyone is unsaved if they "believe in Jesus." Catholics, Mormons, Meshak, etc, all "believe in Jesus" for eternal life. Would GES say they now have eternal life? Good question.

Do I know that GES people, at least those who believe as Wilkin does, have trusted the DBR for forgiveness, justification, sanctification and eternal life? No, I do not know that. If one goes by Wilkin's writings, there's good reason to doubt it.

And that's the strange thing here. The church's website had a pretty clear presentation of the gospel of the grace of God. That's why I decided we should visit...whatever other doctrinal disagreements might be, if we agree on the saving Gospel, there can be fellowship in Him on that basis.

So I'm going to have to ask the pastor why this major disconnect. Surely he's heard of this crossless controversy so I assume he has to have.

The fact (as repeatedly preached by MADs on TOL) is, the cross as preached by Paul is presented nowhere in John. To ASSUME John had it in mind when he wrote (which GES folks seem to do) is still an assumption, and a very dangerous one.

Will keep posted whoever is interested on this.