ECT Local church question for MADs

musterion

Found word of a dispensational church local to me, the only one that I'm aware of in this covenant Baptist/Evangellyfish heavy area. They are not mid-Acts but they do not appear Calvinistic. They do practice water baptism but do not consider it essential. They do not believe in sign gifts for today. They say they believe the Body started at Pentecost (hence water baptism) and state that the Body could not have begun in Acts 28...which tells me they're aware of MAD but for some reason chose not to mention it. They have the Gospel correct and look to be sound on identification/positional truths. Are any of you MADs familiar with a church like this one? I'm going to visit it.

Last edited:

Danoh

I attended one of those for a time.

It becomes more and difficult over time with each passing sermon so off on so many of the simplest things.

Fortunately, I mentioned something to one of their number one day, they concluded me a 28er (the standard Stam as Bullinger nonsense on Mid-Acts such parrot) and I was booted out of there. :thumb:

Perhaps you'll fair better than I did, given your infamous intolerance of anyone not of your number. :chuckle:

Rom. 5:6-8.

Danoh

Funny...were I as intolerant as you make me out to be, I doubt I'd even consider visiting them.

Perhaps I'll fare better than you did? Perhaps.

Perhaps.

After all, you yourself have noted having been supposedly cured (cough, cough) of the infamous "Baptist" intolerance (cough, cough). :chuckle:

But who knows - should things turn out sour, perhaps this time around you will see yourself in such for what you yourself have actually remained being.

One can only hope...

Rom. 5: 6-8.

musterion

Perhaps.

After all, you yourself have noted having been supposedly cured (cough, cough) of the infamous "Baptist" intolerance (cough, cough). :chuckle:

Only leftists use the label intolerant in the way you use it. But anyway, what you call intolerance is what independent fundamental baptists call separation. And it's what Paul taught. Though their views are largely incorrect insofar as they do not rightly divide, their idea of doctrinal separation is sound and I do not fault them for it. They've learned from watching the SBC as it was absorbed into evangelicalism that the alternative is neutralization and eventual doctrinal death.

You practice a very similar kind of "intolerance" every time you call someone a 28 hybrid. Only the IFBs are more honest about it. They don't use smileys and call devout haters of the Gospel "bro." We see you. You can drop the charade.

But who knows - should things turn out sour, perhaps this time around you will see yourself in such for what you yourself have actually remained being.

You must not own a mirror.

Danoh

Only leftists use the label intolerant in the way you use it. But anyway, what you call intolerance is what independent fundamental baptists call separation. And it's what Paul taught. Though their views are largely incorrect insofar as they do not rightly divide, their idea of doctrinal separation is sound and I do not fault them for it. They've learned from watching the SBC as it was absorbed into evangelicalism that the alternative is neutralization and eventual doctrinal death.

You practice a very similar kind of "intolerance" every time you call someone a 28 hybrid. Only the IFBs are more honest about it. They don't use smileys and call devout haters of the Gospel "bro." We see you. You can drop the charade.

That's The Acts 9 / Acts 28 Hybrid System, o clueless one - or what I call it - The ALMOST Acts 28 Position. :chuckle:

Danoh

Mirrors are cheap and readily available. Consider purchasing one.

I'll borrow yours when you get back from your fellow Baptists "church" meeting. :chuckle:

Speaking of which - where are any of your pals with their supposed wisdom in answer to your "Local church question for MADs."

As usual, they fail to step up to the bat despite the obvious - where their obvious disagreement with one of their supposed own on a thing just might be the...as "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend" needed by "a friend..." (Prob. 27:17).

Say what you want; at least I related an experience along your request.

It was your issue with being ribbed about your overly rigid manner that sent things south.

For in your overly rigid mind, only you and your once more absent pals can do no wrong.

To date, you and your pals remain one of the oddest bunch I have ever run across within MAD.

:chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I attended one of those for a time.

It becomes more and difficult over time with each passing sermon so off on so many of the simplest things.

Fortunately, I mentioned something to one of their number one day, they concluded me a 28er (the standard Stam as Bullinger nonsense on Mid-Acts such parrot) and I was booted out of there. :thumb:

Perhaps you'll fair better than I did, given your infamous intolerance of anyone not of your number. :chuckle:

Rom. 5:6-8.
I could have written this a few different ways but I'll go with sarcasm, your wicked "go to". Why dano, I just can't imagine you getting fed up with a church and a pastor that keeps making more and more errors in their "study approach".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Found word of a dispensational church local to me, the only one that I'm aware of in this covenant Baptist/Evangellyfish heavy area. They are not mid-Acts but they do not appear Calvinistic. They do practice water baptism but do not consider it essential. They do not believe in sign gifts for today. They say they believe the Body started at Pentecost (hence water baptism) and state that the Body could not have begun in Acts 28...which tells me they're aware of MAD but for some reason chose not to mention it. They have the Gospel correct and look to be sound on identification/positional truths. Are any of you MADs familiar with a church like this one? I'm going to visit it.
I think I have one in St Louis but circumstances prevent me from going for a while. I think I first found them in the yellow pages and online too. I don't have any detailed doctrinal information about them. Maybe I'll call them and ask some questions.

musterion

That's always a good thing. If they're not MAD but know anything about it, almost all of them will politely disinvite you as soon as they hear of it, figuring you're just coming in to argue water baptism with them. Others (most evangelicals) are often so doctrinally numb they won't care even if they do know, which is a sign you wouldn't want to go there either. Then there's the ones like Danoh who would be tolerant of you until the moment you disagreed on which side the salad fork goes on, then he'll start calling you "bro" and "hybrid" with a big smile on his face. That's the worst.

10 years ago I'd have suggested you visit Ivan Burgener's church in Collinsville but he is now inactive, I think, and really did go full 28 some years ago.

Danoh

That's always a good thing. If they're not MAD but know anything about it, almost all of them will politely disinvite you as soon as they hear of it, figuring you're just coming in to argue water baptism with them. Others (most evangelicals) are often so doctrinally numb they won't care even if they do know, which is a sign you wouldn't want to go there either. Then there's the ones like Danoh who would be tolerant of you until the moment you disagreed on which side the salad fork goes on, then he'll start calling you "bro" and "hybrid" with a big smile on his face. That's the worst.

10 years ago I'd have suggested you visit Ivan Burgener's church in Collinsville but he is now inactive, I think, and really did go full 28 some years ago.

That assembly I mentioned having visited - that was many years ago.

In fact, way back before I had even known there were other MADs out there.

And I mentioned having been glad I had been kicked out.

Which not only went right past you, as usual, but obviously out of your ever automatic compulsion right away, to turn a thing into an opportunity for more of your ignorance.

Instead of asking the simple question - why I had been glad - which you failed to not bother with, due to your fool, personal animosity.

I had been glad for the same reason you will not find much encouragement from many MADs about this fool idea of yours to attempt to find a home within the enemy of the following...

1 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope; 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Eactly the sorts of "questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith" I found myself having to either ignore, or head for the nearest exit with.

Rightly...most more mature MADs would rather stay home with their families, their Bibles and prayer, and or attempt to Evangelize towards forming their own group, rather than compromise the Truth of the Mystery that has meant so much to each of us.

You well know what it has meant to you.

You should not need this fool to have to remind you of that.

But apparently you do need just that.

Most MADs would right away rightly think...

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Rom. 14:5; 5: 6-8.

glorydaz

It sounds a lot like a non-denominational church I attended for a number of years. I liked it because there was no pastor, and there was no collection plate passed around. Open teaching from the pulpit. They were very mission oriented...sending folks to start churches in Mexico, Belize, Africa, etc. Lots of home churches affiliated with them, too.

glorydaz

:first:

Danoh

Yep, the smilie in they eye/knife in the back combo is the worst.

Twist the words of my prior post to you how you need to.

And, other than possibly the other old bat (and that out of her fool animosity towards me also); I'll be very surprised should you get much more than that as support from other MADs on here for this error of yours of seeking to find a home amongst enemies of the Mystery.

After all your hot air about defection on my part whenever I have defended someone on here against you and your pal's spitting on them; you turn out the compromiser.

Par for the course with you and your pal's ever rationalizing your double-standard.

You really ought to reconsider this idea of yours.

Again - where are your pals when you most need them - on something this important.

I know I at least spoke up about it.

In short, don't follow convenience; follow Paul.

Philippians 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

glorydaz

And, other than possibly the other old bat (and that out of her fool animosity towards me also); I'll be very surprised should you get much more than that as support from other MADs on here for this error of yours of seeking to find a home amongst enemies of the Mystery

In short, don't follow convenience; follow Paul.

Philippians 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Danoh is always showing us his "grace". :chuckle:

Danoh

Danoh is always showing us his "grace". :chuckle:

By your fool ignorance and duplicity, you would have to take issue with Paul for such a description of you.

Titus 1:12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

I was well aware of what I was posting when I posted that.

And you fit that description like a glove - a person up in years long set in their double-standard and just as blind as a bat when it comes to seeing themselves for what they have become.

That is you exactly.

You're a hypocrite. Plain and simple.

Leave it to you to encourage Musti in his "new home" error.

Never mind Paul's...

2 Timothy 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 1:14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us. 1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

Acts 17: 11, 12.