LGBT History Month

Right Divider

Body part
How do you know that a person's orientation isn't fixed? I'm not talking about 'sexual preference' as innate attraction isn't the same thing. I'm not straight because I prefer women but because I'm exclusively attracted to women. How about you prove that my own claims and Rusha's about having no choice in being straight are false? Otherwise it's just your opinion and you still haven't got the guts to say whether you have a choice in your own...
I'm still waiting for you to provide proof of the claim that you made.

Until you provide it, I'm not going any further.

burden of proof

• the obligation to prove one's assertion.

Arthur Brain

I'm still waiting for you to provide proof of the claim that you made.

Until you provide it, I'm not going any further.

burden of proof

• the obligation to prove one's assertion.

I told you the truth, that there isn't any control over my own heterosexuality. It's not something I can prove although the truth of that isn't negated by your "cynicism". I've just been honest about it, as with Rusha. There's no reason to lie about it, if I was gay or bi-sexual I'd be open about it too. Believe it or don't, it makes no difference. You can't even be honest as to whether you're in control of your own attractions or not and it speaks absolute volumes.

Right Divider

Body part
I told you the truth, that there isn't any control over my own heterosexuality. It's not something I can prove although the truth of that isn't negated by your "cynicism". I've just been honest about it, as with Rusha. There's no reason to lie about it, if I was gay or bi-sexual I'd be open about it too. Believe it or don't, it makes no difference. You can't even be honest as to whether you're in control of your own attractions or not and it speaks absolute volumes.
Your new found honesty is very refreshing.

Arthur Brain

Your new found honesty is very refreshing.

Nobody can prove it and I've been completely honest about things regardless of what you might happen to "think". You on the other hand just continually squirm out of even answering the question which once again, speaks volumes.

Right Divider

Body part
Nobody can prove it and I've been completely honest about things regardless of what you might happen to "think". You on the other hand just continually squirm out of even answering the question which once again, speaks volumes.
I have my beliefs about the subject but did not claim that they were fact or truth.

You've been very secretive about your world view which makes communication very difficult. Do you believe that God created man and woman or do you have some other view?

Arthur Brain

I have my beliefs about the subject but did not claim that they were fact or truth.

You've been very secretive about your world view which makes communication very difficult. Do you believe that God created man and woman or do you have some other view?

Um, no, you don't suddenly get to start shifting the goalposts and you had enough info about my 'world view' as it is, nor do you need any more just to answer a pretty straightforward question. There's no reason why you can't be honest about whether you can control your romantic and sexual attractions or not. Nobody can 'prove' it but I had no reason to lie about mine and I've been consistent on it through all of my years tenure on here.

Right Divider

Body part
Um, no, you don't suddenly get to start shifting the goalposts and you had enough info about my 'world view' as it is, nor do you need any more just to answer a pretty straightforward question. There's no reason why you can't be honest about whether you can control your romantic and sexual attractions or not. Nobody can 'prove' it but I had no reason to lie about mine and I've been consistent on it through all of my years tenure on here.
Do you believe that God created man and woman?

Arthur Brain

Do you believe that God created man and woman?

Why even ask? I could give you any answer and I can't "prove" what I believe...

Or, answer mine in regards as to whether you have personal autonomy over your own romantic and sexual attractions and I'll give you another honest answer in turn.

Arthur Brain

Let me say this one more time.

Doing that which we were created to do is moral....whether you admit it or not.

I'm just straight, so anything homosexual is a complete no-no for me. Not something I can "choose" as certain zealots have claimed on here. Then again, some of those same zealots have claimed I could 'train' myself to fall in love with wardrobes and the like...

glorydaz

I'm just straight, so anything homosexual is a complete no-no for me. Not something I can "choose" as certain zealots have claimed on here. Then again, some of those same zealots have claimed I could 'train' myself to fall in love with wardrobes and the like...

Guess you don't get it. God created us to be "straight". That's why it's a complete "no-no" for the vast majority of people. No need to pat ourselves on the back for doing what comes natural.

Those who go the other way, turn their back on what is natural because of something that occurred while they were growing up. What happens to us while we're growing up is not an excuse to continue on in such unnatural behaviour.

Arthur Brain

I asked what you BELIEVE, not what you can prove.

You are very cranky.

What we believe about origins affects what we believe about ourselves.

If you think I'm lying about having no control over being straight then I could equally be lying about what I believe. Neither can be proven although nothing to be gained by making things up either, so if you want to give an honest answer about whether you have personal control over your own attractions then I won't ask for proof that you can't supply and will be happy to carry on the conversation.

Arthur Brain

Guess you don't get it. God created us to be "straight". That's why it's a complete "no-no" for the vast majority of people. No need to pat ourselves on the back for doing what comes natural.

Those who go the other way, turn their back on what is natural because of something that occurred while they were growing up. What happens to us while we're growing up is not an excuse to continue on in such unnatural behaviour.

Then why do some of your brethren insist that homosexuality is a choice? That I and others could "choose" to entertain homosexuality etc? If you think all homosexuals and bisexuals have become such due to an incident when 'growing up' then that's just the same unsubstantiated ignorance that's par for the course.

glorydaz

If you think all homosexuals and bisexuals have become such due to an incident when 'growing up' then that's just the same unsubstantiated ignorance that's par for the course.

No it isn't. Your "ignorance" of these matters is what's par for the course. You try to engage on a subject you have NO knowledge of. One lesbian friend does not equate to knowledge.

Arthur Brain

No it isn't. Your "ignorance" of these matters is what's par for the course. You try to engage on a subject you have NO knowledge of. One lesbian friend does not equate to knowledge.

Well, no. It doesn't compute for you that homosexuality is simply the 'norm' for some people because of your zealous beliefs, just as it has to occur either through abuse or be "chosen" by some of your equally zealous counterparts. You have no objectivity on the matter at all and you certainly aren't an authority on it.