law in light of the gospel

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are not permitted to remarry someone you were already married to and then divorced.
It says, "after she has been defiled". Was she defiled by another man or was she defiled in that she has been divorced?
Israel was defiled with every other God she ran after and committed adultery with. She was very fond of baal and other idols.
Did Israel pursue these gods because she was divorced by God, or did God divorce her because she pursued after other gods (or both or neither?)?

achduke

It says, "after she has been defiled". Was she defiled by another man or was she defiled in that she has been divorced?

Did Israel pursue these gods because she was divorced by God, or did God divorce her because she pursued after other gods (or both or neither?)?

God divorced her because she pursued after other gods before and after her divorce.

Read 1 Kings and 2 Kings. You will see that Israel was always sinning with other gods.

achduke

Not always.

Judah did reform once in a while but the best The house of Israel did was to tear down baal altars but Israel still left the high places, burned incense and offerings from the high places.

2Ki 17:18 Therefore the LORD was very angry with Israel, and removed them from His sight; there was none left but the tribe of Judah alone.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I may have a misunderstanding of the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Judah is a tribe.

There was the divided kingdom. I believe the divided kingdom was before what you are talking about and the key verse you mentioned here.

achduke

I may have a misunderstanding of the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Judah is a tribe.

There was the divided kingdom. I believe the divided kingdom was before what you are talking about and the key verse you mentioned here.

God divided Israel into two kingdoms after Solomon sinned. He split them into the house of Judah which is Judah and Benjamin and the other 10 tribes became the house of Israel or the kingdom of Israel. Only Judah remains to this day.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God divided Israel into two kingdoms after Solomon sinned. He split them into the house of Judah which is Judah and Benjamin and the other 10 tribes became the house of Israel or the kingdom of Israel. Only Judah remains to this day.
I was wondering about the phrase, the tribe of Judah, in the verse. Was Benjamin a part of the tribe of Judah?

Was Solomon still alive when the kingdom was divided?

Judah, Benjamin, and Levi, each had someone in the land as I mentioned around the time of Christ.

achduke

I was wondering about the phrase, the tribe of Judah, in the verse. Was Benjamin a part of the tribe of Judah?

Was Solomon still alive when the kingdom was divided?

Judah, Benjamin, and Levi, each had someone in the land as I mentioned around the time of Christ.

Benjamin was so small after sinning and warring with greater Israel they were almost destroyed and were absorbed into Judah. The Levite priests were already divided between the northern kingdom and the Southern kingdom.

The kingdom was divided under Solomon 's son.

1Ki 11:12 "Nevertheless I will not do it in your days, for the sake of your father David; but I will tear it out of the hand of your son.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Benjamin was so small after sinning and warring with greater Israel they were almost destroyed and were absorbed into Judah. The Levite priests were already divided between the northern kingdom and the Southern kingdom.

The kingdom was divided under Solomon 's son.

1Ki 11:12 "Nevertheless I will not do it in your days, for the sake of your father David; but I will tear it out of the hand of your son.
Is this different from what you said before?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not that I know of. What have I misrepresented?
I don't mean to question what you say, but I want to understand how this is after Solomon sinned when now Solomon was dead or his son took his place as king. How do you see it from scripture?

achduke

I don't mean to question what you say, but I want to understand how this is after Solomon sinned when now Solomon was dead or his son took his place as king. How do you see it from scripture?

Because God split the kingdom for Solomon ' sin but waited until Solomon ' son took over as King before he split the kingdom into two.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Because God split the kingdom for Solomon ' sin but waited until Solomon ' son took over as King before he split the kingdom into two.
You are not saying Solomon's sin was discovered or known by all (or are you? and when did this occur?) or are you saying simply that the reason it was split was because of Solomon's sin?

achduke

You are not saying Solomon's sin was discovered or known by all (or are you? and when did this occur?) or are you saying simply that the reason it was split was because of Solomon's sin?

1Ki 11:4 For it was so, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned his heart after other gods; and his heart was not loyal to the LORD his God, as was the heart of his father David.

1Ki 11:6 Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and did not fully follow the LORD, as did his father David.

1Ki 11:11 Therefore the LORD said to Solomon, "Because you have done this, and have not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom away from you and give it to your servant.

It gets even more interesting because now Israel is split into two. Who I think are the two witnesses in revelations represented by the 144,000.

The 144,000 represent all of Israel. A remnant of 12,000 from each tribe as a whole they are two kingdoms or 2 witnesses to God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1Ki 11:4 For it was so, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned his heart after other gods; and his heart was not loyal to the LORD his God, as was the heart of his father David.

1Ki 11:6 Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and did not fully follow the LORD, as did his father David.

1Ki 11:11 Therefore the LORD said to Solomon, "Because you have done this, and have not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom away from you and give it to your servant.

It gets even more interesting because now Israel is split into two. Who I think are the two witnesses in revelations represented by the 144,000.

The 144,000 represent all of Israel. A remnant of 12,000 from each tribe as a whole they are two kingdoms or 2 witnesses to God.
I don't know about your interpretation (whether it is right or not) but what you are giving your interpretation on is found in the book of Revelation (not "revelations"). That is, Revelation does speak of 2 witnesses and 144,000. I believe it says something different there. I don't even think they are mentioned together in Revelation. But I can't remember for sure from memory.

I don't know who the servant is in verse 11 either.

You know much scripture, or can find relevant passages to what we are discussing. Hopefully we get interpretation right in the end if possible.

achduke

I don't know about your interpretation (whether it is right or not) but what you are giving your interpretation on is found in the book of Revelation (not "revelations"). That is, Revelation does speak of 2 witnesses and 144,000. I believe it says something different there. I don't even think they are mentioned together in Revelation. But I can't remember for sure from memory.

I don't know who the servant is in verse 11 either.

You know much scripture, or can find relevant passages to what we are discussing. Hopefully we get interpretation right in the end if possible.

I have tried to learn as much as I can but only God gives interpretation.

Israel is God's witness but now Israel is two.

Isa 43:1 But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine.

Isa 43:6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' And to the south, 'Do not keep them back!' Bring My sons from afar, and My daughters from the ends of the earth--

Isa 43:10 "You are My witnesses," says the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, nor shall there be after Me.

The 144,000, woman of Rev 12 and 2 witnesses are all the same in Revelation. They are the remnant of Israel. The two houses and the bride.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I have tried to learn as much as I can but only God gives interpretation.

Israel is God's witness but now Israel is two.

Isa 43:1 But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine.

Isa 43:6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' And to the south, 'Do not keep them back!' Bring My sons from afar, and My daughters from the ends of the earth--

Isa 43:10 "You are My witnesses," says the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, nor shall there be after Me.

The 144,000, woman of Rev 12 and 2 witnesses are all the same in Revelation. They are the remnant of Israel. The two houses and the bride.
Do you believe it should be witnesses collective? Who is being spoken of?

Again, great verses and I wonder about your interpretation, whether it is correct or not.

achduke

Do you believe it should be witnesses collective? Who is being spoken of?

Again, great verses and I wonder about your interpretation, whether it is correct or not.

The witnesses are remnant Israel divided into two. They are a collective of 144,000. Israel is the olive tree.

Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth.

So why if Israel is the olive tree are there two olive trees in Zechariah and Revelation? Because Israel is two now. 2 witnesses.

God bless,

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The witnesses are remnant Israel divided into two. They are a collective of 144,000. Israel is the olive tree.

Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth.

So why if Israel is the olive tree are there two olive trees in Zechariah and Revelation? Because Israel is two now. 2 witnesses.

I have to head off 2 bed night. talk to you later. God bless,
I looked back in the chapter. I suppose this is a question of who Isaiah was written to. And who Isaiah is talking about in the verse in question.

achduke

I looked back in the chapter. I suppose this is a question of who Isaiah was written to. And who Isaiah is talking about in the verse in question.

Revelation can be hard to interpret. You will notice the Woman(Bride), The two witnesses and the 144,000 are all protected and for the same allotment of time. The only time frame that is missing is for the 144,000 but it does say they are sealed. They are the all the same people. A lot of Prophecy/Revelation comes in 3.

The 144,000 are sealed.

Revelation 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Revelation 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

The 2 witnesses prophecise for 1230 days, about 41 months/3.5 years

Revelation 11:2-3
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

The Woman is also taken care of for 1230 days/41 months/3.5 years./time and times and a half.

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Revelation 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

This is like the first exodus where God prepared a place for Israel and took care of Israel.

Exodus 19:4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself.