Kate Steinle Verdict

rexlunae

The illegal should not have been here and to say that any legal citizen could have picked up the gun and killed Kate is dodging the real problem.

No. You have missed what the trial was about entirely because Breitbart has successfully convinced you that it has something to do with immigration. It does not. This was a criminal trial, not an immigration proceeding.

rexlunae

I accept the verdict and I "like the law" just fine. Now I'm "advocating a Final Solution" - You lying scumbag. Isn't the final solution something Hitler referred to? That's how you argue against immigration restrictions? Do you realize what you sound like?

What you are doing is suggesting that he receive justice, not based on what he did, but on who he is. It's a dangerous road you're walking.

And I'm not arguing against immigration restrictions.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You know in trying to copy me, the difference is that I posted your words back to you, while you had to make up words.

Yes I know exactly what I'm doing: I'm noting how the alt-right politicized and continues to politicize the death of Katy Steinle for their own political agenda, and you've illustrated that very well in this thread.
No you didn't, you left words out and posted deceptively. Actually you and your cohorts are doing all the illustrating today.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What you are doing is suggesting that he receive justice, not based on what he did, but on who he is. It's a dangerous road you're walking.

And I'm not arguing against immigration restrictions.
No, you're just comparing it to Hitler, fomenting hate and fear (where did I just hear that?), he should have "received justice" years ago if it wasn't for your "compassionate solution" of protecting non-citizen illegal criminals. This wouldn't be in the news if it was an immigrant living here legally and you know it. It is political whether you like it or not.

rexlunae

No, you're just comparing it to Hitler, fomenting hate and fear (where did I just hear that?), he should have "received justice" years ago if it wasn't for your "compassionate solution" of protecting non-citizen illegal criminals.

We'll just add a question to the form you fill out to receive compassionate humane treatment asking if in the future you plan on finding a gun and accidentally shooting an innocent young woman. That'll solve it.

This wouldn't be in the news if it was an immigrant living here legally and you know it. It is political whether you like it or not.

Who do you think put it in the news?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
We'll just add a question to the form you fill out to receive compassionate humane treatment asking if in the future you plan on finding a gun and accidentally shooting an innocent young woman. That'll solve it.

It must have been me, of course. Keep trivializing the fact that this criminal was ONLY here because of sanctuary cities, poor immigration policies and FEDERAL LAWS BEING IGNORED BY STATES. You stated earlier that I might not like the law, but the law says he's innocent. You pick and choose which laws are OK?

You want this to be about me seeking prison time for murder and you want this case to only be about the law. It obviously wasn't murder and the prosecution was stupid for charging that. So, to you it's compassionate and humane to break the laws to display more compassion and humane treatment of people who also break the laws. That way, the laws can give the illegal criminal a fair trial by a jury of illegal criminal aliens (peers). No, you want criminal illegal aliens to be given fair trials for crimes committed while being here illegally, and a jury of legal law abiding US citizens with no knowledge that the accused is a convicted felon who broke the law to live here, thereby making it possible for him to commit the alleged crime. Gotcha :thumb:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by rexlunae

It must have been me, of course. Keep trivializing the fact that this criminal was ONLY here because of sanctuary cities, poor immigration policies and FEDERAL LAWS BEING IGNORED BY STATES. You stated earlier that I might not like the law, but the law says he's innocent. You pick and choose which laws are OK?

You want this to be about me seeking prison time for murder and you want this case to only be about the law. It obviously wasn't murder and the prosecution was stupid for charging that. So, to you it's compassionate and humane to break the laws to display more compassion and humane treatment of people who also break the laws. That way, the laws can give the illegal criminal a fair trial by a jury of illegal criminal aliens (peers). No, you want criminal illegal aliens to be given fair trials for crimes committed while being here illegally, and a jury of legal law abiding US citizens with no knowledge that the accused is a convicted felon who broke the law to live here, thereby making it possible for him to commit the alleged crime. Gotcha :thumb:

rexlunae

All criminals still have legal rights. And immigrants who come here illegally have legal rights. That is the law. If you're going to be legalistic, you have to recognize that. No one could have known that he would go on to accidentally shoot a woman.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
All criminals still have legal rights. And immigrants who come here illegally have legal rights. That is the law. If you're going to be legalistic, you have to recognize that. No one could have known that he would go on to accidentally shoot a woman.
Thanks Mr. Obvious. If YOU'RE going to be legalistic, you have to recognize that IF THE LAW was followed, he would not have been there to pick up the magic gun to begin with.

Do you know if it's illegal to inform a jury of the defendant's prior felonies and deportations? If it is illegal, it needs to be changed. If I get a speeding ticket the judge sees my entire driving record. That's what makes no sense about this entire tragedy.

WizardofOz

You are the one politicizing Kate's death

Yes, way too many liberal judges out there. I thought of liberal juries a few days ago because it IS California.

Silence from the illegal immigrant loving left of TOL

it all stems from the liberal illegal immigrant loving left. Your "side" is getting people killed by coddling illegals.

It could be because it was a liberal jury, judge and attorneys.

You have absolutely no clue what the right thinks, you only know what you're spoon fed by liberal media. You are the one politicizing Kate's death, you and "the left" here on TOL.

Leave it to the left to disregard our laws and borders then scream politics when real Americans are outraged.

thanks for keeping the thread alive and exposing the liberal mindset. Only "your side" is compassionate and loving and caring.

Thanks for your liberal input.

Do you realize what you sound like?

:deadhorse:

rexlunae

Thanks Mr. Obvious. If YOU'RE going to be legalistic, you have to recognize that IF THE LAW was followed, he would not have been there to pick up the magic gun to begin with.

Again, there's no crystal ball for this stuff.

Do you know if it's illegal to inform a jury of the defendant's prior felonies and deportations? If it is illegal, it needs to be changed.

That would be prejudicial, and it would serve to trap people within the criminal justice system. There are rules about impeaching a witness based on prior convictions, and they vary by jurisdiction. I'll leave it for your research to dig them out.

If I get a speeding ticket the judge sees my entire driving record. That's what makes no sense about this entire tragedy.

There is significant evidence that this was an accident. How does a prior felony record bear on that?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]U.S. Justice Department to Cities: Focus on Crime Committed by Illegal Immigrants[/h]
https://www.usnews.com/news/top-new...ocus-on-crime-committed-by-illegal-immigrants

WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. cities that refuse to step up efforts to focus on crimes committed by illegal immigrants will not be allowed to participate in a new crime reduction training program unveiled earlier this year by the Justice Department, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said on Thursday.

In making the announcement, Sessions singled out four local police departments that had expressed interest in the new Public Safety Partnership Program, saying they first had to answer a list of questions by Aug. 18 confirming they do not have any "sanctuary" policies to shield illegal immigrants from possible deportation by ensuring they will allow federal immigration officials access to local jails.

"Cities and states with so-called 'sanctuary' policies make all of us less safe," Sessions said.

The four police departments that must respond are Albuquerque, New Mexico; Baltimore, Maryland; and San Bernardino and Stockton, California.

WizardofOz

Thanks for more liberal input. Tell me which one of those posts I'm wrong about.

How was my input "liberal"?

You whine about liberals and 'leftists' so much, the terms have all but lost their meaning whenever you type them.

I'm about as moderate as they come.

Newsflash - everything that doesn't align with your partisan view isn't necessarily 'liberal'.

musterion

No such thing as a moderate anymore, if there ever was. Barely shove a moderate and they always fall to the left.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What's dangerous is identity-based justice like what you're advocating in service of your Final Solution for immigration.
[h=1]Godwin's law[/h]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Godwin's law itself can be abused as a distraction, diversion or even as censorship, fallaciously miscasting an opponent's argument as hyperbole when the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate.[9][10] Similar criticisms of the "law" (or "at least the distorted version which purports to prohibit all comparisons to German crimes") have been made by the American lawyer, journalist, and author Glenn Greenwald.[11]