Kate Steinle Verdict

gcthomas

I thought it was murder if even if its accidental, when someone dies even accidentally while one is in the commission of another crime?

He was here illegally (crime)

He had a firearm (crime)

He discharged one illegally (crime)

Im sick of the bleeding heart liberal judges.

For it to be murder there has to have been some intent to grievously injure the victim. Negligently causing a death when no injury was intended would be manslaughter, I expect.

Having a firearm on a crime is a factor that could be used to increase the sentence, but not the charge.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Never let a crisis go to waste." The verdict is a statement against Trump. The woman's murder and continued injustice for it is worth it to them. It's also them flipping the bird at the rest of us.
I think the left's constant outrage at anything Trump does or says is going to make the right gravitate towards Trump even more.
They turn every issue into a 'Trump' issue.

WatchmanOnTheWall

The 7 time felon who's been deported half a dozen times should have been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter at the very least. I can understand the fact that he was many feet away and the bullet ricocheted and he claims it "went off" on it's own but involuntary manslaughter is exactly what happened.

The defense attorney immediately made political statements and reminded Trump that he is under investigation and has the same presumption of innocence as the ILLEGAL ALIEN FELON. How comforting to Kate's parents and all of America.

I don't understand why a person's long criminal history and the fact that the person IS NOT A CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY and has been repeatedly deported and keeps coming back illegally is not admissible in court. Is this only in jury trials or only in murder trials? Because I know if I get a speeding ticket and see the judge, they see all of my driving history and prior tickets and may use that information in his decision.

It's just not right.

How's that gun law working out. :Shimei:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The 7 time felon who's been deported half a dozen times should have been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter at the very least. I can understand the fact that he was many feet away and the bullet ricocheted and he claims it "went off" on it's own but involuntary manslaughter is exactly what happened.

The defense attorney immediately made political statements and reminded Trump that he is under investigation and has the same presumption of innocence as the ILLEGAL ALIEN FELON. How comforting to Kate's parents and all of America.

I don't understand why a person's long criminal history and the fact that the person IS NOT A CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY and has been repeatedly deported and keeps coming back illegally is not admissible in court. Is this only in jury trials or only in murder trials? Because I know if I get a speeding ticket and see the judge, they see all of my driving history and prior tickets and may use that information in his decision.

It's just not right.
I'm not a legal expert so I don't understand all the details but one thing I heard is that the prosecutors made a mistake by going for too high a crime. They couldn't show premeditation so he got off. If they had attempted something less they may have been successful.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Garcia Zarate was acquitted by the jury. What did the judge do wrong? :idunno:

Liberal judges are who are trying to rewrite laws, to stop the president from actually enforcing immigration law - where did i say in particular the judge you named? I just said liberal judges.

The sleaze criminal couldnt have killed that girl if the law was actually enforced.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not a legal expert so I don't understand all the details but one thing I heard is that the prosecutors made a mistake by going for too high a crime. They couldn't show premeditation so he got off. If they had attempted something less they may have been successful.
That seems to be the legal reason.
Man-slaughter would have been a sure win.
By going for murder they needed to prove he had the intent to kill someone.
Since the shooter did not aim the gun directly at the woman (or anyone else), and since the bullet ricochet off the pavement and struck the woman, that gave them enough for reasonable doubt and made it hard to prove intent to kill.

glorydaz

Since the shooter did not aim the gun directly at the woman (or anyone else), and since the bullet ricochet off the pavement and struck the woman, that gave them enough for reasonable doubt and made it hard to prove intent to kill.

Yep, and a jury pool of liberals didn't hurt. ;)

kmoney

Hall of Fame

So I'm left confused about how this could be called a politically motivated verdict, or a travesty of justice by bleeding heart liberals. They couldn't show the charge so they found him not guilty. Could the jury have changed it to involuntary manslaughter?