Justice Dept. mandates 'implicit bias' training for agents, lawyers

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Here's a bit from Serpent's link:

Deceiver, gossip: gossips about others in his Small Observations thread

If snippets of others writing with lead-ins and links is gossiping, pray tell what is Serpent doing? Exactly. :)

and then closes the thread to avoid a response.

“Sorry gang, have to lock this down while I report the spammer.” ~ Town Heretic, Small Observations link
“I never invited debate in Observations." ~ Town Heretic link

I rarely debated a point in Observations that was being debated in the thread I linked to. Didn't make sense. It wasn't avoidance as I was actively present in that other thread. The thread was the old Observations Great and Small. I suppose her "Small Observations" is either an attempt at wit or an illustration of why she mostly doesn't try to attempt it.

troll.gif
Trolls and reports members to get them banned.
I've never been banned and I've never trolled or gotten an infraction for trolling. You?

I've only asked for one person on TOL to be banned, a serial blasphemer (Stu). And I've only ever attempted to have one serial blasphemer banned, Stuu.

More ditties...
"I wonder who does the most reporting?" ~ Chrysostom
"In point of fact: it's me..." ~ Town Heretic link
A public admission I came to after looking into a real answer. Also several years old. I haven't been active on that front for years, just the odd report of blasphemy and profanity.

So why is Serpent so invested? It's also there on her page:
banned.gif
serpentdove banned; reason: unnecessarily disruptive
images

"Observations Great and... [PM: "Provoking Town" ]
banned.gif
serpentdove banned; reason: PM box infraction
images
[disagree with moderator, Town Heretic alleges
crying.gif
that I used profanity.]

"Just a System...
Supra.

evil.gif
Unethical:

Misquotes others and justifies his behavior.
[No use of ellipses when quoting others]

Actually I almost always use ellipses to indicate information absent and I link to every post I quote, unless the thread has been closed, precluding it.

I answer points. I never dodge one and I never altered the meaning of anything said by failing to post other parts, largely relating to prior points.

“...I know I left off scripture. I know and have explained to you and anyone reading this why that is.” Town Heretic link
“…[A]nd [you] attempted to cobble an unrelated bit of scripture onto it to justify your want to sink teeth.” ~ Town Hereticlink
"I did remove the scripture from your attempt to link it with garbage." ~ Town Heretic link
Right. I remove scripture from people who try to use it as an extension of personal malice. I don't hold with it, as with profanity.

You're apparently comfortable with either.

[Changes member's text outright]
“…I did that intentionally….[T]here was nothing in that aimed at fooling anyone, only lampooning you. And you appear to be the only one who didn’t understand that.” ~ Town Heretic link
A long time ago I'd bold and visibly alter a text to make another point. It was never left unclear when that happened, but eventually I left the practice because some were doing it without making the point obvious and I didn't want the association.

Control freak:
“Make it an infraction worthy offense to post more than twice in a row outside of a thread you create." ~ Town Heretic link
“Have you ever considered removing the non subscribers ability to delete posts?” ~ Town Heretic link
Except those comments were made in a thread soliciting ideas. I wasn't trying to control anyone. :plain:

That's sort of who Serpent is and why. The short form, at any rate. :cheers:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Again, you don't discuss issues or facts.
I do. You're just not capable of really addressing your issues or how to deal with them. You get banned? It's the mod's fault or my fault. Can't advance a rebuttal or address an argument on point? It's "Let the reader decide" or "You never argue".

You want an argument and points you can't rebut, look at my last post. Instead of trying, you do this...

You discuss people
Oh, thanks. And you're an enormous hypocrite, who has either the gall or unbelievable lack of self-awareness to make that a complaint while linking to a site you made where that's about the only thing going and while doing only that same thing in this very post.

Amazing. :plain:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
[Justice Dept. mandates 'implicit bias' training for agents, lawyers by Julia Edwards Washington] "The U.S. Justice Department announced on Monday that more than 33,000 federal agents and prosecutors will receive training aimed at preventing unconscious bias from influencing their law enforcement decisions.

The training will bring Justice Department employees in line with many local police departments across the country that have implemented bias prevention plans following a spate of shootings of unarmed black men by white police officers..." Full text: Justice Dept. mandates 'implicit bias' training for agents, lawyers Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10

In case anyone hasn't figured it out yet, the left wants to disarm the police. Where this is headed is a police force armed only with "less than lethal" weapons.

Not that this will make the left shut up or cause them to think that the police aren't racists. Oh no! Nothing will ever convince them of that - ever! If every single police officer in the country were black, BLM would still insist that there is a racial bias in everything from police work to underwear manufacturing. If you think that they want the "problem" fixed, you're delusional. The problem they're ranting about doesn't exist in the first place. It's about advancing a political agenda and nothing else.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Discuss :peach: issues :idea: not :yawn: people (Eph 4:14).
I need to add that one to the list of dodges given your increasing use.

1. Ad hominem.
2. Proof please.
3. Let the reader decide.
4. Discuss issues not people.

Only, given you have an entire site dedicated to doing that very thing, one you link to routinely it's a funny sort of dodge.

Lastly, I discuss the facts of a case or argument. When you make your conduct a point of contention I discuss that as well.

Your first post to me here was a link to your gossip thread. In fact, I don't believe you've spoken to the topic once during our ongoing. I made an opening rebuttal on its presumption to Cruc. Feel free to try your hand at arguing if you want a change of pace. I'll repost it in a moment.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Smack back on topic, here is my general response to the topic at hand:

...lawyers don't eschew continuing education...or education in general. Sounds like a good idea. It's easy to become jaded when you're in the trenches over time. Prosecutors are human, just like judges.

Good for them. :thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:yawn: Let me know when you can form a sentence without an ad hominem attack (Eph 4:14).
Like having your spelling critiqued by an illiterate. :plain:

Also, only a handful of posts before you tried that particular I'd set out, again:

...lawyers don't eschew continuing education...or education in general. Sounds like a good idea. It's easy to become jaded when you're in the trenches over time. Prosecutors are human, just like judges.

Good for them. :thumb:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:yawn: ad hominem (Eph 4:14).
So, not really interested in the topic post then.

That's a surprise. :eek:

Else, why not save yourself some time and just post: #1 next time.

Serpent's Hall of Evasion "answer" sheet:

1. :yawn: Ad hominem.
2. :yawn: Proof please. :peach:
3. Let the reader decide :peach:.
4. Discuss:peach: issues:idea: not :yawn: people.

5. (provisional/pending) :yawn: Stacking the deck.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So, not really interested in the topic post then.

That's a surprise. :eek:

Else, why not save yourself some time and just post: #1 next time.

Serpent's Hall of Evasion "answer" sheet:

1. :yawn: Ad hominem.
2. :yawn: Proof please. :peach:
3. Let the reader decide :peach:.
4. Discuss:peach: issues:idea: not :yawn: people.

5. (provisional/pending) :yawn: Stacking the deck.

Serpy is the best !!!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The topic is interesting. That's why I created a thread about it (Eph 4:14). :plain:
And yet, despite writing that and asking for topical/issue driven discussion, when given a choice between the two you went with the ol personal, off-topic.

When someone says one thing and does another it's usually the doing that invites belief, at least if the doing is habitual.

Serpy is the best !!!
Yes, I have no doubt that's the case...but at what? :think: