Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
This is interesting. What I mean is that I do not know what this means. My belief from Revelation is that Jesus sat on a throne.

Revelation 3:21 NASB - 21 'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

I also believe Jesus is the judge God appointed.

Did Jesus become a judge? Perhaps this is different here in Revelation. Thank you for what you shared.

Are there not two distinct thrones alluded to in Rev 3:21?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The throne of David is a throne over Israel.

Jesus is already on a throne over Israel, and everyone else.

The prophets declare that the twelve tribes of Israel will be reunited under Messiah.
This has not happened yet.

The Body of Christ is not Israel as you so defiantly affirm against Scripture.

God's Truth

You take the terms of Scripture and redefine them differently from the plain sense of Scripture.
Your's is a technique which the church at large inherited from the likes of Origen and Agustine.
You are perpetuating that error.

Your accusations are not truth.

God's Truth

"He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. "I will be a father to him and he will be a son to Me; when he commits iniquity, I will correct him with the rod of men and the strokes of the sons of men, but My lovingkindness shall not depart from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. "Your house and your kingdom shall endure before Me forever; your throne shall be established forever." (2 Samuel 7:13-16)

These things already happened.

God's Truth

Steko,

This is at the time of the great white throne judgement:

Revelation 20:11Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.

The people will be judged according to their deeds.

That happens when Jesus comes again.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

There isn't two judgment times.

There is one judgment to come and it is the great white throne judgment.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

How could Jesus' word have been the center of Christianity when Jesus was a Jew and not a Christian? Jesus never even dreamed that Christianity would ever rise. If you had said that Paul's words are the center of Christianity, it would make much more sense.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How could Jesus' word have been the center of Christianity when Jesus was a Jew and not a Christian? Jesus never even dreamed that Christianity would ever rise. If you had said that Paul's words are the center of Christianity, it would make much more sense.

Christianity stems from Judaism, with Jesus being a Jew and the Christ from which we understand those who believed Jesus to be the Christ (the Messiah, God's (promised) Anointed) were called Christians.

Ben Masada

Christianity stems from Judaism, with Jesus being a Jew and the Christ from which we understand those who believed Jesus to be the Christ (the Messiah, God's (promised) Anointed) were called Christians.

Okay, Jacob, if you go according to Logic, take a look at Mat. 1:18. Jesus was born of God with Mary. This means Hellenism which is the birth of a god with an earthly woman. This is unheard of in Judaism. Therefore, Christianity could not have stemmed from Judaism. Now, if you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One. That's what the Messiah is; the Anointed One
of the Lord aka the Jewish Messiah. Again, Christianity could have never stemmed from Judaism. What do you say now?

Ben Masada

"He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. "I will be a father to him and he will be a son to Me; when he commits iniquity, I will correct him with the rod of men and the strokes of the sons of men, but My lovingkindness shall not depart from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. "Your house and your kingdom shall endure before Me forever; your throne shall be established forever." (2 Samuel 7:13-16)

IMHO, this text is talking about Israel when still in Egypt when the Lord freed him from the Egyptians. That's when the Lord said about Israel: Israel is My Son; let My son go that he may serve Me. You can check this up in Exodus 4:22,23. These things already happened. And indeed these things already happened.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
How could Jesus' word have been the center of Christianity when Jesus was a Jew and not a Christian?

Jesus is the Messiah so He is the center of Christianity.

Jesus is the Christ. Christian believe this that what they are called "Christ"ians.

How many times to I have remind you?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Steko,

This is at the time of the great white throne judgement:

Revelation 20:11Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.

The people will be judged according to their deeds.

That happens when Jesus comes again.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

There isn't two judgment times.

There is one judgment to come and it is the great white throne judgment.

Will you be judged at the white throne judgement?

God's Truth

IMHO, this text is talking about Israel when still in Egypt when the Lord freed him from the Egyptians. That's when the Lord said about Israel: Israel is My Son; let My son go that he may serve Me. You can check this up in Exodus 4:22,23. These things already happened. And indeed these things already happened.

So then, YOU claim God would use a sinful example concerning His Truth, a sinful action---according to you.

You say that God says no man can die for another, but when I give you scripture that shows God says someone will---you claim it is about Israel, merely a country and not a person!

Do you think God was speaking about earthy land and not humans? Do you think God was speaking about soil?

Go and think about it some more, then then come back and tell us you have made a mistake.

God's Truth

Yes, from all nations.

Who was first in the church, body of Christ?

Who was first? What does that have to do with the truth about Jews and Gentiles alike are called Israel?

Israel is NOT about earthy soil. Do you really think that what is Spiritual is about earthy land?