Jesus the Pharisees and the Law

clefty

It isn't what he said, it wasn't what he implied. You are carnal and in sin, your mind is on the performance of the flesh. Being free from the law is not lawless. It is being lawful.
yes...and being lawful is following the Spirit to keep His commandments since we love Him...and loving as He loved fulfills the law...

All of those that trust the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ, including his raising from the dead are no longer under the law. All things are lawful for us. That isn't lawless. You implied people go out of their way to do wrong.

Pate isn't talking about right and wrong for salvation.

All things are lawful for us...all things? really?

Wonder what you would do with "we can do all things in Christ who strengthens us" to sin?

Again...we do NOT do His works to earn merit pay but because of what He did...we merely wish to do more and be more like Him not less...

They are not just known as the 10 commandments but actually are the descriptions of Who He is and What its like to be with Him...

With Him and where He is, this present tense exists...

The I AM is:

Singular no other gods before Him
No images necessary
He is Named
Six days of work the seventh day is rest
Parents Honored
No killing necessary
No adultery desired
No stealing needed
Truth not falsehood
You have what you want

It is like a law that comes naturally...a natural law...like gravity...you acknowledge it...you dont keep it...IT KEEPS YOU...accepting it and understanding how it works benefits your life...

Nanja

Umm...yes salvation is not of our works...done only in our lifetimes obviously...

Should be as obvious that His Son born again into flesh Christ Jesus was begotten of Him before the world began...that begetting was according to His own purpose and grace...NOT our salvation but the way to...His begetting His Son hath saved us...done before the world began

Incorrect.

2 Tim. 1:9 is speaking of the Everlasting Covenant of Grace whereby Christ became Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22; 13:20 for all His Sheep. They were Saved and Called according to God's Purpose and Grace which was given them before the world began. Their Salvation/ Justification is an Eternal Act of God.

Rom. 8:30
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

clefty

Incorrect.

2 Tim. 1:9 is speaking of the Everlasting Covenant of Grace whereby Christ became Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22; 13:20 for all His Sheep. They were Saved and Called according to God's Purpose and Grace which was given them before the world began. Their Salvation/ Justification is an Eternal Act of God.

Rom. 8:30
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

His begotten was His purpose and grace becoming born again into the flesh and given to us as Christ Jesus

Whom he did predestinate? The saved. Whom he called...they responded...were justified and well glorified...

Nanja

His begotten was His purpose and grace becoming born again into the flesh and given to us as Christ Jesus

Whom he did predestinate? The saved. Whom he called...they responded...were justified and well glorified...

Wrong. Responding is a work of the flesh a person does which cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

Salvation is by Grace, not of works does Eph. 2:9!

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

clefty

Wrong. Responding is a work of the flesh a person does which cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

So to answer the call is work? now hearing is works? Lol...

Come let us reason must be work for you...

Even the Samaritan women insisted on the crumbs...the Roman centurion had to walk to find Him and ask and understand who He was and what He could do...having also built them a synagogue etc

Robert Pate

Banned

This is why you are lost. You have never responded to Christ and his Gospel. You were called by the Holy Spirit to come to Christ, but instead you chose Calvinism.

Nanja

So to answer the call is work? now hearing is works? Lol...

Any action an unregenerate person does cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

Hearing the Gospel which is God's Words, is only possible when a person is born again, born of God.

John 8:43, 47

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

clefty

Hearing the Gospel which is God's Words, is only possible when a person is born again, born of God.

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Well that is ok then because I was saved before I was made so everything and anything I do is not work.

And pleases God...

clefty

Hello. I'm new but don't know if I've been accepted? can anyone see this message?

The irony. None of us know if we have been accepted. Just have faith.

You are, however, not accepted if you considered posting here in order to be accepted. That's works based.

Some would argue you already were accepted there is no need to post.

Welcome to TOL.

Last edited:

WatchmanOnTheWall

Ahhr at last, someone talking sense, in fact someone actually talking to me. Glad I've made contact. I'm new to all this and need help in posting a question I have about prophecy. Where is best to do that?

Robert Pate

Banned
Ahhr at last, someone talking sense, in fact someone actually talking to me. Glad I've made contact. I'm new to all this and need help in posting a question I have about prophecy. Where is best to do that?

What is it you want know about prophecy? I have been a Christian for 48 years.

clefty

Being born again is action is works. Faith with works.

"Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death.”

Far as I can tell everyone who heard His word did not keep it and died. Ironic.

You have to keep it after you hear it. You have to hear it to keep it.

Perhaps He was speaking of spiritual matters and a second death. You don't keep it you don't hear either.

Is ok no one comes to Him unless the Father draws Him. Maybe you are drawn to Him by a different father.

clefty

Show where Paul taught that 1 day in 7 needs rest from work.

Were you shown? or must I go over his example as he instructed we copy him as he copied Him.

The first European Lydia was baptized on a Sabbath...

We establish law...the law we establish reveals the God we worship...choose this day whom ye will serve...

Nanja

Being born again is action is works. Faith with works.

New Birth is 100% God's action in all His Chosen Elect People which He has Loved from everlasting Eph. 1:4!

Ezek. 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

clefty

New Birth is 100% God's action in all His Chosen Elect People which He has Loved from everlasting Eph. 1:4!

Ezek. 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Aaaah yes...so that the universe can see...He is not a god of Love but force...not a good god of justice and mercy but indeed a mere god of just Us and predestined privilege...

Everything predetermined for His God pleasure...

Seems odd that Moses had to correct His desire to destroy His own and start again...you would think He already knew...

Seems odd He had to harden pharaoh's heart if it was already a done deal

Seems odd He destined His Son to die for whosoever...

Just because He knew some would reject Him doesn't mean you have to ok?

He is a jealous god...free will does that...our voluntary love matters...not some robotic response to blueprint plan He laid out for Himself...

The whole universe is watching...is He a good God or like His accusers (you) claim...

Nanja

Aaaah yes...so that the universe can see...He is not a god of Love but force...not a good god of justice and mercy but indeed a mere god of just Us and predestined privilege...

Everything predetermined for His God pleasure...

Seems odd that Moses had to correct His desire to destroy His own and start again...you would think He already knew...

Seems odd He had to harden pharaoh's heart if it was already a done deal

Seems odd He destined His Son to die for whosoever...

Just because He knew some would reject Him doesn't mean you have to ok?

He is a jealous god...free will does that...our voluntary love matters...not some robotic response to blueprint plan He laid out for Himself...

The whole universe is watching...is He a good God or like His accusers (you) claim...

The True God is only revealed to those who were given eternal life in their Surety Saviour Christ Jesus before the foundation.

Only they shall be made spiritually enabled, through Him, to Know and acknowledge the True God.

John 17:2-3

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.