Jesus, Paul and the Law

God's Truth

MennoSota,

There are some who will tell you that faith and not obeying saves; however, it is a false doctrine.

We are told not to deceive ourselves by not obeying.

MennoSota

Christian: I walk by the rule of my Master: you walk by the rude working of your fancies. You are counted thieves already by the Lord of the way: therefore I doubt you will not be found true men at the end of the way. You come in by yourselves without his direction, and shall go out by yourselves without his mercy.

God's Truth

Christian: I walk by the rule of my Master: you walk by the rude working of your fancies. You are counted thieves already by the Lord of the way: therefore I doubt you will not be found true men at the end of the way. You come in by yourselves without his direction, and shall go out by yourselves without his mercy.

The thieves are the false religions and denominations.

All are only saved by going through Jesus, Jesus who says repent of your sins and believe.

God's Truth

Don't harden yourself, MennoSota, repent for following false doctrines and then call on Jesus to save you when the demons come to scare you into staying in falseness.

Robert Pate

Banned
It is the only people He saves.
An unbeliever is by nature, unrepentant. God must make them alive first before they could ever conceive of repenting.

In the New Testament people come to Christ by hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2, also Acts 2:41.

MennoSota

In the New Testament people come to Christ by hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2, also Acts 2:41.
People come by God's appointing.
Acts of the Apostles 13:48-49
[48]When the Gentiles heard this, they were very glad and thanked the Lord for his message; and all who were chosen for eternal life became believers.
[49]So the Lord’s message spread throughout that region.

Robert Pate

Banned
[48]When the Gentiles heard this, they were very glad and thanked the Lord for his message; and all who were chosen for eternal life became believers.

Paul was not a Calvinist, nor did he believe that people were predestinated to eternal life. Luke, who wrote the book of Acts, might have believed that God chooses some certain people to salvation, simply because he saw Jesus call the apostles.

In the Gospel God chose the whole human race in Jesus Christ. Jesus in our name and on our behalf has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world.

"And he is a propitiation for our sins: and not ours only, BUT ALSO FOR THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 2:2.

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be THE SAVIOR OF THE WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 4:14.

Salvation in the Old Testament as well as the New Testament is by faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ.

If you believe that God predestinates people to eternal damnation for no reason other than we wills it, then you do not have saving faith, simply because you believe that God is unjust. You, by your own belief have shown that you have a negative view of God and his Son Jesus Christ. You do not have saving faith.

God's Truth

Those scriptures are about God allowing the Gentiles as a nation of people to come to Him to be saved.

God's Truth

Paul was not a Calvinist, nor did he believe that people were predestinated to eternal life. Luke, who wrote the book of Acts, might have believed that God chooses some certain people to salvation, simply because he saw Jesus call the apostles.

In the Gospel God chose the whole human race in Jesus Christ. Jesus in our name and on our behalf has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world.

"And he is a propitiation for our sins: and not ours only, BUT ALSO FOR THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 2:2.

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be THE SAVIOR OF THE WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 4:14.

Salvation in the Old Testament as well as the New Testament is by faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ.

If you believe that God predestinates people to eternal damnation for no reason other than we wills it, then you do not have saving faith, simply because you believe that God is unjust. You, by your own belief have shown that you have a negative view of God and his Son Jesus Christ. You do not have saving faith.

Neither did Paul teach a different gospel than what Jesus taught about repenting of sins to be saved.

God's Truth

Look at what God says!
"...and all who were chosen for eternal life became believers."

Acts 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

There were Jews AND Gentiles in the crowd. All who were appointed [the Gentiles] in the crowd, all of them there believed. Every single Gentile there believed.

The scripture says the Gentiles were ordained to be included, and ALL the Gentiles that were there--- BELIEVED. It does NOT say God caused them to believe and or trust. Take more time to understand what is written and what it means.

MennoSota

Acts 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

There were Jews AND Gentiles in the crowd. All who were appointed [the Gentiles] in the crowd, all of them there believed. Every single Gentile there believed.

The scripture says the Gentiles were ordained to be included, and ALL the Gentiles that were there--- BELIEVED. It does NOT say God caused them to believe and or trust. Take more time to understand what is written and what it means.
Oh my goodness, no these verses do not say what you are claiming. Your pretzel is an example of your blindness to the Gospel.

God's Truth

The Jews were God’s people.

Psalm 148:14 And He has lifted up a horn for His people, Praise for all His godly ones; Even for the sons of Israel, a people near to Him. Praise the LORD!

Romans 9:4 the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises.

The Gentiles were EXCLUDED and WITHOUT God in the world.
The Gentiles were not included until Jesus shed his blood on the cross, but this was revealed that all people could be saved and made clean by his blood when Peter was told by God not to call anyone unclean whom He has made clean.

Acts 2:39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call."

Ephesians 2:17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.

Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

The Gentiles were once far off from God, but now brought near through the gospel.

Acts 2:39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call."

Acts 13:47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us: "'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"

Acts 26:23 that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles."

Robert Pate

Banned
The Jews were God’s people.

Psalm 148:14 And He has lifted up a horn for His people, Praise for all His godly ones; Even for the sons of Israel, a people near to Him. Praise the LORD!

Romans 9:4 the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises.

The Gentiles were EXCLUDED and WITHOUT God in the world.
The Gentiles were not included until Jesus shed his blood on the cross, but this was revealed that all people could be saved and made clean by his blood when Peter was told by God not to call anyone unclean whom He has made clean.

Ephesians 2:17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.

Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

The Gentiles were once far off from God, but now brought near through the gospel.

Acts 13:47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us: "'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"

Acts 26:23 that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles."

Even if you kept all of the commandments of Jesus perfectly you would not be saved, Simply because...

"Therefore by the deeds of the law THERE SHALL NO FLESH BE JUSTIFIED IN HIS SIGHT: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

God's Truth

Even if you kept all of the commandments of Jesus perfectly you would not be saved, Simply because...

"Therefore by the deeds of the law THERE SHALL NO FLESH BE JUSTIFIED IN HIS SIGHT: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

Just listen to your ignorance about the Truth.
You say if I kept all of Jesus' commandments I would not be saved---YET, JESUS says yes.
You go against Jesus all the time.
Doesn't that bother you at all?
The old ceremonial laws used to justify, but not anymore.
Believe and obeying God has always been the way.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You say if I kept all of Jesus' commandments I would not be saved---YET, JESUS says yes.

Have you ever bore false witness? Have you ever stolen? have you ever dishonored your parents?

If you said yes to any of these questions, you are not worthy of eternal life. You've broken the law. And once you've broken the law, that's it, you've broken the whole law.

The fact is, GT, YOU CAN'T KEEP ALL THE LAWS! It's not possible. That's why you rely on Christ's righteousness, and not your own.

Robert Pate

Banned

Jesus said that if you are going to be perfect go sell all that you have and give it to the poor, Matthew 19:21. Have you done that one yet?