Jesus, Paul and the Law

God's Truth

Dead men cannot repent. Dead men will not repent. Those whom God makes alive can repent. These are the ones whom God gives the gift of faith so that they might believe, recognize their sin and repent.
Only the elect can repent. The unredeemed will die in their trespasses and sins.

The dead are those who don't desire to know God and to be saved.

God does not cause people to obey in a supernatural way.

God gives the Holy Spirit to those who get His teachings and obeys them.

God's Truth

Did you read Matthew 11:27?
Unless Jesus chooses you, your burdens remain. Unless Jesus takes off your burdens, your burdens remain.
All God. None of me.
Matthew 11:27
[27]“My Father has entrusted everything to me. No one truly knows the Son except the Father, and no one truly knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”
[28]Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
[29]Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
[30]For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Jesus has a yoke. That means Jesus has work for us.

MennoSota

That is ALL humanity! They are dead in their trespasses and sins.
God CHOOSES to make them alive.
God causes them to walk in step with Him through the gift of faith.
Dead men cannot do anything. They are DEAD!
God anoints His chosen ones with the Holy Spirit. You are attempting to be like Simon the Sorcerer and somehow purchase the Holy Spirit by your works.
Acts of the Apostles 8:20-23
[20]But Peter replied, “May your money be destroyed with you for thinking God’s gift can be bought!
[21]You can have no part in this, for your heart is not right with God.
[22]Repent of your wickedness and pray to the Lord. Perhaps he will forgive your evil thoughts,
[23]for I can see that you are full of bitter jealousy and are held captive by sin.”

MennoSota

Jesus has a yoke. That means Jesus has work for us.
NO!
Jesus was a Rabbi. The Yoke is Jesus teachings. Jesus is comparing his Rabbinical teaching against that of the Pharisees, the Sadducees and the Temple system. He is telling people that he does not place heavy burdens on them, because HE makes their burdens light by taking their burdens upon himself.
It is ALL GOD, none of you!

God's Truth

That is ALL humanity! They are dead in their trespasses and sins.
God CHOOSES to make them alive.

NO WAY.
JESUS says that there are those on the side of truth and they listen to him.

Need scripture reference?

Scripture says there are those who practice truth and they come to the light.

Want scripture reference?

Come on and ask me for them.

God's Truth

God causes them to walk in step with Him through the gift of faith.
You don't understand about faith.

God gives everyone a measure of the capability of faith, and it is increased or taken away accordingly.

Let's talk about faith.

Dead men cannot do anything. They are DEAD!

Not everyone is dead.

God anoints His chosen ones with the Holy Spirit. You are attempting to be like Simon the Sorcerer and somehow purchase the Holy Spirit by your works.
Acts of the Apostles 8:20-23
[20]But Peter replied, “May your money be destroyed with you for thinking God’s gift can be bought!
[21]You can have no part in this, for your heart is not right with God.
[22]Repent of your wickedness and pray to the Lord. Perhaps he will forgive your evil thoughts,
[23]for I can see that you are full of bitter jealousy and are held captive by sin.”

God gives the Holy Spirit to those WHO REPENT, JUST LIKE THE SORCERER WAS TOLD TO DO.

MennoSota

NO WAY.
JESUS says that there are those on the side of truth and they listen to him.

Need scripture reference?

Scripture says there are those who practice truth and they come to the light.

Want scripture reference?

Come on and ask me for them.
Here is the scripture. Notice...it's all God. Also notice that Jesus is God.
John 10:1-3,5-9,11,14-17,26-33
[1]“I tell you the truth, anyone who sneaks over the wall of a sheepfold, rather than going through the gate, must surely be a thief and a robber!
[2]But the one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.
[3]The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
[5]They won’t follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don’t know his voice.”
[6]Those who heard Jesus use this illustration didn’t understand what he meant,
[7]so he explained it to them: “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.
[8]All who came before me were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them.
[9]Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures.
[11]“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.
[14]“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me,
[15]just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep.
[16]I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock with one shepherd.
[17]“The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again.
[26]But you don’t believe me because you are not my sheep.
[27]My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
[28]I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,
[29]for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.
[30]The Father and I are one.”
[31]Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.
[32]Jesus said, “At my Father’s direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?”
[33]They replied, “We’re stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God.”

MennoSota

You don't understand about faith.

God gives everyone a measure of the capability of faith, and it is increased or taken away accordingly.

Let's talk about faith.

Not everyone is dead.

God gives the Holy Spirit to those WHO REPENT, JUST LIKE THE SORCERER WAS TOLD TO DO.

Not all are spiritually alive. Humans are dead in their trespasses and sind. They cannot have faith. Therefore your first assertion that God gives everyone a measure of faith is flat out wrong.
God gives life to those whom he has chosen and adopted. He also gives the chosen the gift of faith. The chosen are the ONLY ones who have faith. The others try to imitate faoth and work their way to God. That is exactly what you are doing and what you are advocating. You path is wide and headed for eternal damnation.
Simon was told to repent. Did he? Only God can bring you to repent. The question is...will he?
I hope you repent. You will, if God wills.

God's Truth

Jesus taught that all whom He chooses will know God. Jesus taught that the Father gave him those who would be saved. Jesus taught that the sheep hear the shepherd's voice.

Matthew 11:27

[27]“My Father has entrusted everything to me. No one truly knows the Son except the Father, and no one truly knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”

GT, your voice is that of the thief.

God gives the Holy Spirit to those He saves, those who have believed and obeyed.

No one who wasn't a believer and baptized with the baptism of REPENTANCE were saved.

Think for yourself and tell me why John the baptizer was sent and why he was angry and called people 'vipers' and why he was arrested and eventually beheaded.

God's Truth

Not all are spiritually alive. Humans are dead in their trespasses and sind. They cannot have faith. Therefore your first assertion that God gives everyone a measure of faith is flat out wrong.
God gives life to those whom he has chosen and adopted. He also gives the chosen the gift of faith. The chosen are the ONLY ones who have faith. The others try to imitate faoth and work their way to God. That is exactly what you are doing and what you are advocating. You path is wide and headed for eternal damnation.
Simon was told to repent. Did he? Only God can bring you to repent. The question is...will he?

You are badly mistaken.
God has given all the capability to have faith.
Where does our faith come from? Our faith comes from HEARING the word, see Romans 10:17. From hearing the word and being TAUGHT, Colossians 1:5, 7. From continuing in what we have been CONVINCED of, see 2 Timothy 3:14, and being PERSUADED, 2 Corinthians 5:11.

Robert Pate

Banned

Faith comes by hearing and believing the Gospel, Romans 10:17.

God has chosen all of humanity in Jesus Christ and is no respecter of persons.

MennoSota

God gives the Holy Spirit to those He saves, those who have believed and obeyed.

No one who wasn't a believer and baptized with the baptism of REPENTANCE were saved.

Think for yourself and tell me why John the baptizer was sent and why he was angry and called people 'vipers' and why he was arrested and eventually beheaded.

You are arguing from the law, not grace.
Dead men cannot repent.

MennoSota

Faith comes by hearing and believing the Gospel, Romans 10:17.

God has chosen all of humanity in Jesus Christ and is no respecter of persons.

Dead men cannot hear. Thus dead men cannot believe the Gospel.
Those whom God makes alive will hear and have faith.
God has not chosen all humanity. If He had, then all humanity is in heaven and there is no hell. Are you a universalist?

God's Truth

Dead men cannot hear. Thus dead men cannot believe the Gospel.
Those whom God makes alive will hear and have faith.
God has not chosen all humanity. If He had, then all humanity is in heaven and there is no hell. Are you a universalist?

Not all are dead men. God doesn't make anyone alive who reject Him.

God's Truth

God chooses his sheep. His sheep know him. He keeps care of His sheep.
All God, none of us.
How is it that you miss such simple truths from God's word?

God choose those who obey.

Acts 8:21 You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God.

Acts 8:22 Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord in the hope that he may forgive you for having such a thought in your heart.

Do you recognize this scripture:

"I assure you," He said, "unless you are converted and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

There are so many more.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

We have to acknowledge Jesus before others.

Matthew 10:32 "Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.

We have to repent to be saved.

Matthew 3:2 and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near."

We have to call on the Lord to be saved.

Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

Jesus, who knows everyone’s heart chooses those he accepts, see Acts 15:8 NIV.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Cornelius feared God and did what was right, see Acts 10:22.

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

MennoSota

Not all are dead men. God doesn't make anyone alive who reject Him.

That's not what the Bible teaches. That is your own heresy speaking.
Dead men cannot choose. Dead men are dead in their trespasses and sins. God MUST choose to give them life or they will remain dead into eternity.
The Bible says that "no one seeks God, not even one." This means that 100% of humans are going to hell...unless God chooses by His Sovereign will to give the human life...in Christ.
There is no other way. You CANNOT earn your way into God's good favor. This is a fact presented in scripture. Please stop your false teaching.