Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

keypurr

Jesus claimed to be God. Are you calling your Lord and Savior a liar?

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.Jesus answered them, [JESUS]“Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”[/JESUS]The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”Jesus answered them, [JESUS]“Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods”’?If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me;but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”[/JESUS]Therefore they sought again to seize Him, but He escaped out of their hand. - John 10:31-39 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John10:31-39&version=NKJV

Nope, Jesus said in this verse that he is the son of God.
Jesus NEVER said he was God. The logos in him spoke of preexistence for the logos is created form of God. But Never God himself. Jesus now sits to the right of God.

Your still stuck in the old fables of the established churches. If you really seek TRUTH get out of Babylon. Discard the doctrines inherited from the Roman pagan church.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nope, Jesus said in this verse that he is the son of God.
Jesus NEVER said he was God. The logos in him spoke of preexistence for the logos is created form of God. But Never God himself. Jesus now sits to the right of God.

Your still stuck in the old fables of the established churches. If you really seek TRUTH get out of Babylon. Discard the doctrines inherited from the Roman pagan church.

Try again. This time pay attention to what the Jews said:

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.Jesus answered them, [JESUS]“Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”[/JESUS]The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”Jesus answered them, [JESUS]“Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods”’?If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me;but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”[/JESUS]Therefore they sought again to seize Him, but He escaped out of their hand. - John 10:31-39 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John10:31-39&version=NKJV

They're trying to stone Him because he's claiming to be God.

Edit, they're also claiming He's just a man, but that's beside's the point.

keypurr

Try again. This time pay attention to what the Jews said:

They're trying to stone Him because he's claiming to be God.

Why are you listening to the Jews? Who cares what they say?

Listen to the words of Jesus. He tells you that he is NOT God, he tells you that he is the son of God. He tells you he came to do the work of his God.

Open your eyes to the words of Christ, I have no concern as to what the Jews thought. Christ came to bring them light.

jaybird

Listen to the words of Jesus. He tells you that he is NOT God, he tells you that he is the son of God. He tells you he came to do the work of his God.

Open your eyes to the words of Christ, I have no concern as to what the Jews thought. Christ came to bring them light.

i agree with you. the "sons of the devil" would be the last ones i would go to when justifying my theology.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Because if their accusation of Jesus, that He was claiming to be God, is true, then it completely refutes your beliefs.

But if He is not God, then that makes Him a liar, according to scripture.

Listen to the words of Jesus. He tells you that he is NOT God,

Then why did He not rebuke Timothy for idolatry?

he tells you that he is the son of God. He tells you he came to do the work of his God.

You don't care about what they say because they go against your beliefs.

They were accusing Him of claiming to be God.

If their accusation is true, and if He claimed to be God, and if He is God, then they had no right to stone Him, because He was telling the truth.

If their accusation is true, and if He claimed to be God, and if He is not God, then they had every right to stone Him, because it makes Him a liar, at worst a lunatic.

If their accusation is false, and He did not claim to be God, and if He is not God, then that makes them false accusers, and they are the ones who should be stoned (Deuteronomy 19:16-19).

If their accusation is false, and He did not claim to be God, and if He is God, then they should be stoned for bearing false witness (again, Deuteronomy 19:16-19).

Either He claimed to be God or He didn't. This verse shows that He claimed to be God.

If He is not God, but claimed to be (as this verse suggests) then He is a liar, and He should not be trusted.

If He claimed to be God because He is God, then His claim is true, and your beliefs are in error, and you should repent of them.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

i agree with you. the "sons of the devil" would be the last ones i would go to when justifying my theology.
You can't just ignore Scripture just because you don't like who was speaking in it.

In fact, it's a good thing if you can use your opponent's argument against him to prove your side of the argument, because it shows their argument is inconsistent with their position.

God's Truth

Nope, God is NOT saying Jesus is God, he has been made Lord, not God. He is second in line as his Father is the ONLY God. To see Jesus as God in NOT agreeing with Paul in any way.

You have got to feel strange for preaching the Bible is not God's Truth. You said to me that it is corrupt. Maybe your god is too weak to reserve his word but my God is not.

You want to rewrite the Bible for us all? You want to pick and choose what should be in and what should be out?

keypurr

Because if their accusation of Jesus, that He was claiming to be God, is true, then it completely refutes your beliefs.

But if He is not God, then that makes Him a liar, according to scripture.

Then why did He not rebuke Timothy for idolatry?

You don't care about what they say because they go against your beliefs.

They were accusing Him of claiming to be God.

If their accusation is true, and if He claimed to be God, and if He is God, then they had no right to stone Him, because He was telling the truth.

If their accusation is true, and if He claimed to be God, and if He is not God, then they had every right to stone Him, because it makes Him a liar, at worst a lunatic.

If their accusation is false, and He did not claim to be God, and if He is not God, then that makes them false accusers, and they are the ones who should be stoned (Deuteronomy 19:16-19).

If their accusation is false, and He did not claim to be God, and if He is God, then they should be stoned for bearing false witness (again, Deuteronomy 19:16-19).

Either He claimed to be God or He didn't. This verse shows that He claimed to be God.

If He is not God, but claimed to be (as this verse suggests) then He is a liar, and He should not be trusted.

If He claimed to be God because He is God, then His claim is true, and your beliefs are in error, and you should repent of them.

Your distorting what the verses says. Your siding with the Jews. He came to bring light to their blindness. He did not lie, he came to do the work of his Father. He said that we is the SON of God, not God. Again I care not what the Jews thought or said. I only care about the words of my Lord. If the Jews knew God then there would be no need for Christ to come.

You need to step back and see the words of Jesus, forget what the Jews claimed. Jesus said he is the Son of God and I believe him. You should do the same. Stop assuming all the junk you see on the web, prove all things.

keypurr

You can't just ignore Scripture just because you don't like who was speaking in it.

In fact, it's a good thing if you can use your opponent's argument against him to prove your side of the argument, because it shows their argument is inconsistent with their position.

Show me in the verse where Jesus says he is God.

I have no ill feelings for the Jews in question for they just did not know any better. I do not ignore any verses JR, I just see what they are saying. I try to check out every word in every verse in more than thirty translations. I look for the content in them, I admit that sometimes I am left scratching my head, but I do not give up.

God's Truth

Show me in the verse where Jesus says he is God.

I have no ill feelings for the Jews in question for they just did not know any better. I do not ignore any verses JR, I just see what they are saying. I try to check out every word in every verse in more than thirty translations. I look for the content in them, I admit that sometimes I am left scratching my head, but I do not give up.

Is Jesus love?

jaybird

its a strange passage. you have Jesus claiming very plainly He is a Son of the Most High. then you have the pharisees using this strange phrase "make Yourself God.” a son of the Most High is not the same as the Most High. what did the pharisses mean? the greek word in question is theos, it means Most High or a god. we know who the Most High is, so who what would a god be? i believe Jesus tells us in the same passage wghen he refrs to psalm 82 "I said you are gods". the gods in that passage were sons of the Most High.
IMO the pharisees were accusing Jesus of claiming to be a son of the Most High. it syncs with the passage better, if they were accusing Him of claiming to be the Most High, Jesus does not agree with it as His response to it is that He is a Son of the Most High, not the Most High.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
its a strange passage. you have Jesus claiming very plainly He is a Son of the Most High. then you have the pharisees using this strange phrase "make Yourself God.” a son of the Most High is not the same as the Most High. what did the pharisses mean? the greek word in question is theos, it means Most High or a god. we know who the Most High is, so who what would a god be? i believe Jesus tells us in the same passage wghen he refrs to psalm 82 "I said you are gods". the gods in that passage were sons of the Most High.
IMO the pharisees were accusing Jesus of claiming to be a son of the Most High. it syncs with the passage better, if they were accusing Him of claiming to be the Most High, Jesus does not agree with it as His response to it is that He is a Son of the Most High, not the Most High.

You make sense as usual.

keypurr

Trinity believers do not wish to see the truth in this verse. It does not support their error filled faith.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Trinity believers do not wish to see the truth in this verse. It does not support their error filled faith.

You are not just speaking about the Catholic church, but all the mainstream protestant denominations also believe in the Trinity.

Why would you assume your ability is beyond all these great theologians?