Jesus is God !

keypurr

'
With regards to Christ's humanity.

The other unbelievers were smarter than you:
John 5:18 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:18) Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

They understood the claims that the LORD Jesus Christ was making.
Nope they did not understand him at all, just like you do not understand my words.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

keypurr

Define "every creature" Col 2:15 keyPurr ? the spirit Son as you like to say is a plant? Is a donkey? Is a snake? etc....
In Col 1:15 we are told that the logo is the firstborn of every creature. So I would think that would mean that the logos is not the most high God.

I do not see the words every creature in Col 2:15, so I think you have big fingers on a small keyboard like I do.

drbrumley

In Col 1:15 we are told that the logo is the firstborn of every creature. So I would think that would mean that the logos is not the most high God.

I do not see the words every creature in Col 2:15, so I think you have big fingers on a small keyboard like I do.

Yes, I mistyped. Thank you for pointing it out :up:

But onto the subject at hand. I think this is what it is boiling down to. Is your definition of firstborn.

The Spirit Son in your view is the "firstborn". "Firstborn" of what? Every creature? Me thinks you have to say yes, if your consistent. But that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. There are hundreds if not thousands of creatures. So he is firstborn of a donkey? A snake? A fish? A toad? You get my point?

Or, you can actually use the brain God gave you and say that firstborn isn't being used in the context you think it is.

keypurr

But onto the subject at hand. I think this is what it is boiling down to. Is your definition of firstborn.

The Spirit Son in your view is the "firstborn". "Firstborn" of what? Every creature? Me thinks you have to say yes, if your consistent.

Or, you can actually use the brain God gave you and say that firstborn isn't being used in the context you think it is.
Consider that the express image spirit son was the first to be created because God created ALL things through him. He is the Father's firstborn and is considered a creature in Col 1:15. The name God is a title, YHWH is his name, the son of God is not God. He is a creature, only YHWH is not a creature. That is why Jesus Christ says that only his Father is God. Before the logos was sent to us, he had the glory of his Father, the highest in heaven except his Father.

That is how I view our Lord. We have one God and one Lord just as Paul tell us.

drbrumley

Consider that the express image spirit son was the first to be created because God created ALL things through him. He is the Father's firstborn and is considered a creature in Col 1:15. The name God is a title, YHWH is his name, the son of God is not God. He is a creature, only YHWH is not a creature. That is why Jesus Christ says that only his Father is God. Before the logos was sent to us, he had the glory of his Father, the highest in heaven except his Father.

That is how I view our Lord. We have one God and one Lord just as Paul tell us.

Jesus is the Jehovah of the Old Testament...

keypurr

The Spirit Son in your view is the "firstborn". "Firstborn" of what? Every creature? Me thinks you have to say yes, if your consistent. But that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. There are hundreds if not thousands of creatures. So he is firstborn of a donkey? A snake? A fish? A toad? You get my point?

By the way "firstborn" is used as first to be born many more time than as a priority of status.

drbrumley

The verse in question can take both definations.

Actually it can't..."Firstborn" of what? Every creature? Me thinks you have to say yes, if your consistent. But that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. There are hundreds if not thousands of creatures. So he is firstborn of a donkey? A snake? A fish? A toad? You get my point?

keypurr

Actually it can't..."Firstborn" of what? Every creature? Me thinks you have to say yes, if your consistent. But that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. There are hundreds if not thousands of creatures. So he is firstborn of a donkey? A snake? A fish? A toad? You get my point?
God is a spirit, his firstborn is also a spirit. And the Father was pleased that it contained his fullness, yet it was created for it is an image. All images are creations, every one of them.

keypurr

God is a spirit, his firstborn is also a spirit. And the Father was pleased that it contained his fullness, yet it was created for it is an image. All images are creations, every one of them.

Consider God created ALL through his logos.

Firstborn of all creation/creatures. The logos, express image of the Father.

keypurr

Open your mind doc, I am trying hard to explain my thoughts but I am not to good at it.

keypurr

Doc, the firstborn of every creature is the logos.
He was used by the Father to create all the other creatures in heaven and earth. Angels were created through him, so we're the cows, bears, rabbits, ect.