Jesus is God !

glorydaz

Your content with a simple follow my forefathers rather than see what truth is.

You read but do not see. Tradition has made you blind to the words you do not wish to see.

Like when Jesus said only his Father is the true God. I assume you do understand the word ONLY, right?

You aren't reading what was written. Jesus is including Himself in that "only true God"....can't you see?

If you weren't so anxious to ignore the rest of the text, you'd understand what He is saying.

John 17:1-5
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Do you understand that John the Baptist was sent to prepare the way for OUR GOD?

You need to take the whole of what is written or you'll find that you miss the forest for the trees.

marhig

I guess your mind is tuned to the natural man's understanding of "school".

Clearly, it is not that of a spiritual man since you refuse to recognize your Lord God and Saviour.

The schoolmaster is the Law, and you have not yet graduated.
I know exactly who God is, he's who Jesus says he is, the only true God the father, maybe you should believe him.

marhig

:chuckle:

You are not a Jew, and the Jews knew exactly what Jesus was saying. In fact, you are not a Christian, and therefore refuse to see what He was saying.

But the Jews knew, and that's why they fell over backward in shock that He would say He was the great I AM.

John 18:6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

Why would they fall over backward and haul Him off to be crucified? For once, use the brain God gave you and put off your foolish Pride. Pride is what keeps every man from turning to their Lord and God. He came, and you reject Him. FOOL
What?? Jesus said who do you seek, and they said Jesus of Nazareth. They said who they are seeking they didn't say that they are seeking God, but rather that they are seeking Jesus of Nazareth, and Jesus then says "I am he"

Again you are adding to the text to try to support your Trinitarian doctrine! But what you say is not the truth.

marhig

Not to mention they picked up stones to stone Him and Jesus asked why they were doing this and the response was "making yourself to be God."
No, just because the Jews said he made himself God, doesn't mean that he did. The Jews had no understanding, they said that he made himself God because Jesus said the father and I are one. Which he meant as one in heart mind and love, and Jesus also says that we are one with him and the father once we belong to Christ and we are not God.(see John 17) But the Jews didn't understand this.

Jesus then corrected them and said clearly who he is, he said to them. Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; BECAUSE SAID, I AM THE SON OF GOD?

Here's the passage

John 10

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

He clearly corrected them and Says he is the son of God, not that he is God.

marhig

Oh yeah....there are so many instances where the Lord made it clear, and still they resist.
No we are speaking the truth and we are writing clear scriptures to prove it, would you like me to quote some more? Including Jesus himself saying that the father is the only true God and that he sent him?

marhig

1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

LA
Yes it doesn't say whosoever shall confess that Jesus is God or God the son, but rather that Jesus is the son of God. Yet we're the ones that don't believe the scriptures!!! We believe the truth just as Jesus teaches, that he is the son of God, and according to the Bible, that's exactly what we are to believe.

I've never seen it written in the Bible, that we are to believe that Jesus is God to be saved. Or even that we are to believe that Jesus is God for any reason. It's not in the scriptures, neither is God the son and that's the truth.

marhig

You aren't reading what was written. Jesus is including Himself in that "only true God"....can't you see?

If you weren't so anxious to ignore the rest of the text, you'd understand what He is saying.

John 17:1-5
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Do you understand that John the Baptist was sent to prepare the way for OUR GOD?

You need to take the whole of what is written or you'll find that you miss the forest for the trees.

Um no he isn't including himself in the only true God, he clearly says to the father, YOU THE ONLY TRUE GOD and he's clearly saying that he's been sent by God. Jesus also clearly says that he came to do the fathers will, thus he's doing the will of his God, and he's not God.

And do you understand that the scriptures say that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself? Not that Christ is God?

glorydaz

I know exactly who God is, he's who Jesus says he is, the only true God the father, maybe you should believe him.

Jesus said He is the great I AM, but you don't believe Him. :chew:

You will never know God until you confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and God.

Many of us do exactly that.....just as Thomas did. We are blessed.

You should believe Him. Why don't you? Jesus says, "Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." Believed what? That He is both LORD AND GOD as Thomas said.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.​

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Did Jesus say, Oh no, Thomas, don't call me God...there is only one true God and that is not me?
Are you really so deaf that you cannot hear what Jesus says clearly right here?

glorydaz

No we are speaking the truth and we are writing clear scriptures to prove it, would you like me to quote some more? Including Jesus himself saying that the father is the only true God and that he sent him?

You're a one verse dupe, aren't you? You will die in your sins if you do not confess that Jesus Christ is God. Hundreds of verses speak of His deity, and hundreds speak of His humanity. You've decided to flip a coin and accept those which say He is man. That's sad for you because it leaves you with NO SAVIOUR.

marhig

Jesus said He is the great I AM, but you don't believe Him. :chew:

You will never know God until you confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and God.

Many of us do exactly that.....just as Thomas did. We are blessed.

You should believe Him. Why don't you? Jesus says, "Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." Believed what? That He is both LORD AND GOD as Thomas said.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.​

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Did Jesus say, Oh no, Thomas, don't call me God...there is only one true God and that is not me?
Are you really so deaf that you cannot hear what Jesus says clearly right here?
You call me an unbeliever, and that I don't belong to Christ, yet nothing in the Bible says that we must believe that Jesus is God. I believe what Jesus says, that the father is the only true God and that Jesus has been sent by him and that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God, Jesus also calls the father "my God" thus the father is the God of Jesus Christ too . And that's what I am to believe according to Jesus and the apostles.

You fail to see that Thomas could see that God was in Christ. I can't make you understand, only God can give you understanding.

marhig

You're a one verse dupe, aren't you? You will die in your sins if you do not confess that Jesus Christ is God. Hundreds of verses speak of His deity, and hundreds speak of His humanity. You've decided to flip a coin and accept those which say He is man. That's sad for you because it leaves you with NO SAVIOUR.
Nope, I'm not a one verse anything, read the whole chapter it's clear that Jesus is praying to his God and father.

And yet another add on, nowhere in the Bible does it say that I will die in my sins if I don't confess that Jesus Christ is God.

glorydaz

Um no he isn't including himself in the only true God, he clearly says to the father, YOU THE ONLY TRUE GOD and he's clearly saying that he's been sent by God. Jesus also clearly says that he came to do the fathers will, thus he's doing the will of his God, and he's not God.

Actually, He says neither of those things. This is the way you people read God's Holy Word. It's no wonder you are not saved. You poor lost soul. You can't even put off your own spiritual pride long enough to read what is clearly written. You have to "reword" what is written to have it fit your UNBELIEF.

And do you understand that the scriptures say that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself? Not that Christ is God?

Do you understand that ALL the fullness of the Godhead was in Christ bodily?

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.​

Not just God, but the entire Divine Being. AND Christ is the head of ALL PRINCIPALITY AND POWER.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:​

Jesus Christ is God With US. Matthew 1:23

God took on the form of a servant.

Philippians 2:6-7
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Now, I realize these verses are a bit more complicated than "That they may know thee, the only true God and Jesus Christ....", but they are there. You cannot ignore them and keep preaching to me with a straight face as if you understand anything. You're just incredibly dumb if you can't read what else is written about our great God and Saviour.

marhig

Actually, He says neither of those things. This is the way you people read God's Holy Word. It's no wonder you are not saved. You poor lost soul. You can't even put off your own spiritual pride long enough to read what is clearly written. You have to "reword" what is written to have it fit your UNBELIEF.

Do you understand that ALL the fullness of the Godhead was in Christ bodily?

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.​

Not just God, but the entire Divine Being. AND Christ is the head of ALL PRINCIPALITY AND POWER.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:​

Jesus Christ is God With US. Matthew 1:23

God took on the form of a servant.

Philippians 2:6-7
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Now, I realize these verses are a bit more complicated than "That they may know thee, the only true God and Jesus Christ....", but they are there. You cannot ignore them and keep preaching to me with a straight face as if you understand anything. You're just incredibly dumb if you can't read what else is written about our great God and Saviour.
Where does it say in the Bible that Godhead means trinity?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope, I'm not a one verse anything, read the whole chapter it's clear that Jesus is praying to his God and father.

And yet another add on, nowhere in the Bible does it say that I will die in my sins if I don't confess that Jesus Christ is God.

God has declared Jesus to be the theos over the new creation.

Thrins believe Jesus was a conscious person before he was born who made the worlds.

They believe in more than one creator.

Guess who disguises himself as a angel of light?

Jesus is not the angel of the Lord of the OT.

They do not know the man Jesus.

Act 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Trins do not believe the account of Gods son.

LA

marhig

God has declared Jesus to be the theos over the new creation.

Thrins believe Jesus was a conscious person before he was born who made the worlds.

They believe in more than one creator.

Guess who disguises himself as a angel of light?

Jesus is not the angel of the Lord of the OT.

They do not know the man Jesus.

Trins do not believe the account of Gods son.

LA
I believe that Christ was a Spirit before he came into this world, because it says in the Bible that he was in the prophets and that he was with God and is going back to him.

But I don't believe that we are conscious in the natural grave in the ground when we die, that's just crazy.