Jesus' followers' hope and goal: peaceful new earth.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
So what about loving and peaceful earth shows in OP verses?

Jesus says if you don't believe in Him you will perish. But you say non-believer live in loving and peaceful earth.

You don't make sense at all.

Please read OP all verses. It says they will reside in loving and peaceful earth eternally.

Jesus says non-believers will perish.

Those who are of Israel and did not believe face tribulation, and then they come to believe, some of them will come to believe, will inherit the earth. Those who believed in Him, they are the Body of Christ and are ruptured to heaven.

There comes a new earth after the tribulation.

KingdomRose

The kingdom of God does not replace Israel, on the contrary, God's kingdom will supervise Israel.

I am wondering why most self-proclaimed Christians object to the idea of the Christian congregation REPLACING Israel as God's spokesman. Wouldn't it be the reasonable thing to do to replace the group that rejected the redemption plan, and choose another group to carry on the work? Can someone answer this?

"Jesus said to them [the chief priests and elders], 'Did you never read in the Scriptures, "The stone which the builders rejected, this became the chief cornerstone; this came about from the LORD, and it is marvelous in our eyes"? Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU and given to a people, producing the fruit of it.'" (Matthew 21:42,43, NASB)

"After they [Barnabas and Paul] had stopped speaking, James answered, saying, 'Brethren, listen to me. Simeon has related how God first concerned Himself about taking from among the GENTILES a people for His name.'" (Acts 15:13,14, NASB)

:carryon:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

My kingdom is not of this world (age)

Christ's Kingdom is established in the next age on the earth.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
Rev 11:16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
Rev 11:17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

While our reward is in Heaven, Christ will bring it with Him to the earth--

Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Luk 19:15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
Luk 19:16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
Luk 19:17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
Luk 19:18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
Luk 19:19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
Luk 19:20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
Luk 19:21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
Luk 19:22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
Luk 19:23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
Luk 19:24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
Luk 19:25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
Luk 19:26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

The Lord taught truth by using money, but it was not about money.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Those who are of Israel and did not believe face tribulation, and then they come to believe, some of them will come to believe, will inherit the earth. Those who believed in Him, they are the Body of Christ and are ruptured to heaven.

There comes a new earth after the tribulation.

So you still dismiss the fact that those OP verses is not for Jesus' followers.

Ok, thanks.

KingdomRose

That God will perform His oaths to Israel because God does not go back on His word.

Whether or not you believe God will be faithful to his promises to Israel has no bearing on what will happen.
It will happen because God said so, not whether you believe it or not.

You're right....God does not go back on his word. And his word was that as long as Israel kept following him and honoring their promises to him, he would be with them. But he always warned them that if they rejected him and his commands, he would reject them. They didn't keep their end of the bargain, so he eventually rejected them as his own people to extol his great name.

Refresh your memories, please:

"If only they [Israel] would develop this heart of theirs to fear me [YHWH] and to keep all my commandments ALWAYS, in order that it might go well with them and their sons to time indefinite!....[Moses to Israel] 'And you people must take care to do just as Jehovah your God has commanded you. You must not turn to the right or to the left.'" (Deuteronomy 5:29,32)

"See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse: The blessing, if you listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, which I am commanding you today; and the curse, if you do not listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside from the way which I am commanding you today, by following other gods which you have not known." (Deuteronomy 11:26-28, NASB)

"'Did you [Judah and Jerusalem] not continually receive exhortation to OBEY my words?' declares the LORD....'And I kept sending to you all my servants the prophets, sending them again and again, saying: "Turn now every man from his EVIL WAY and amend your deeds, and do not go after other gods to worship them. Then you will dwell in the land which I have given to you and to your forefathers; but you have not inclined your ear or listened to me.'" (Jeremiah 35:13,15, NASB)

"For thus says the Lord GOD, 'I will also do with you as you have done, you who have despised the oath by BREAKING THE COVENANT.'" (Ezekiel 16:59, NASB)

"'And now, because you [Israel] have done all these things,' declares the LORD, 'and I spoke to you, rising up early and speaking, but you did not hear, and I called you but you did not answer, therefore, I will do to the house which is called by my name, in which you trust, and to the place which I gave you and your fathers....I will cast you out of my sight.'" (Jeremiah 7:13,14, NASB)

You can see clearly that it was Israel who broke the covenant and made the promises void. For you to deny this makes you an opponent of God and of Christ, for you are ignoring God's own words. After you understand this, you can go and teach your ministers the truth.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am wondering why most self-proclaimed Christians object to the idea of the Christian congregation REPLACING Israel as God's spokesman.

Some people claim that the church has replaced Israel, but Paul stated, "God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew."

The church has not replaced Israel, it is Israel.

Christ's church (ekklesia) began with the Passover observance in Egypt and it is the church of the firstborn.

In Egypt the firstborn were in jeopardy of death but God gave a sign to protect them.

The Israelites were instructed to place blood of the lamb on the lintel and two doorposts. The blood formed a cross foreshadowing the Lamb of God.

KingdomRose

I do not know why you assume there is no sense in following Jesus? He said his kingdom was not of this world.

The promise the the Israelite was kingdom on earth, to those who believed in Him, it is the kingdom of heaven. Those who denied Him must endure tribulation, then comes the reign of Christ on earth.

Jesus' seat of government is not of the world....it will always be in heaven. But that government will rule THE EARTH, with all citizens of God's government living here. This is where God intended humans to live, and this is where we WILL live, forever. BTW, we will all go through the Great Tribulation. It is just that God's friends (and those who have no clue) will be protected through it, and we will not be harmed at Armageddon. The angel said to John that the "great crowd" comes out of the Great Tribulation. We all would have to have been IN it to come out of it.

You missed the whole reason that Jesus was sent first to Israel to preach about the Kingdom. He gave Israel the first opportunity to rule with him in heaven. The Jews were the first choice of God to be the co-rulers with Christ. They DECLINED the offer. So Israel is just like any other nation now. They will live here on Earth with all of us from other nations. Just the SPIRITUAL ISRAELITES will be in heaven with Christ---some of whom who were born Jews, and others who are of the Gentiles. It doesn't matter any more who is a Jew and who is not. (Galatians 3:28,29)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Jesus' seat of government is not of the world....it will always be in heaven. But that government will rule THE EARTH, with all citizens of God's government living here. This is where God intended humans to live, and this is where we WILL live, forever. BTW, we will all go through the Great Tribulation.

You do not know what you are talking about, goofball.

KingdomRose

David's throne REPRESENTED God's throne which has always been in heaven, and God's throne is NOW in heaven. Paul explained that the physical Jerusalem was like the son of Hagar, the servant girl, but the Jerusalem above is free and is the REAL Jerusalem.

"It is written that Abraham acquired two sons, one by the servant girl and one by the free woman; but the one by the servant girl was actually born in the manner of flesh, the other by the free woman through a promise. These things stand as a SYMBOLIC DRAMA; for these women mean two covenants, the one from Mount Sinai, which brings forth children for slavery, and which is Hagar. Now this Hagar means Sinai, a mountain in Arabia, and she corresponds with the Jerusalem today, for she is in slavery with her children. But the Jerusalem ABOVE is free, and she is our mother." (Galatians 4:22-26)

Have you not seen the references to HEAVENLY Mt. Zion in the Bible? (Revelation 14:1; Hebrews 12:22)

And where is Jesus today? He is where Paul said he was in his own day. Heavenly Mt. Zion. "You have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, HEAVENLY JERUSALEM, and myriads of angels." (Heb.12:22)

"For Christ entered, not into a holy place made with hands, which is a COPY of the reality, but into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us." (Heb.9:24)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
David's throne REPRESENTED God's throne which has always been in heaven, and God's throne is NOW in heaven.

To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
(Revelation 3:21​

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
David's throne was never in heaven, it was on Mt. Zion which will be Jesus' seat of government.

Consider--

Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Peter is telling them that Christ now sits on Davids Throne.

The Throne Christ now sits on is the same Throne He reigns from when the Kingdom of God reigns over the nations(left) after His return.

LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
David's throne REPRESENTED God's throne which has always been in heaven, and God's throne is NOW in heaven. Paul explained that the physical Jerusalem was like the son of Hagar, the servant girl, but the Jerusalem above is free and is the REAL Jerusalem.

"It is written that Abraham acquired two sons, one by the servant girl and one by the free woman; but the one by the servant girl was actually born in the manner of flesh, the other by the free woman through a promise. These things stand as a SYMBOLIC DRAMA; for these women mean two covenants, the one from Mount Sinai, which brings forth children for slavery, and which is Hagar. Now this Hagar means Sinai, a mountain in Arabia, and she corresponds with the Jerusalem today, for she is in slavery with her children. But the Jerusalem ABOVE is free, and she is our mother." (Galatians 4:22-26)

Have you not seen the references to HEAVENLY Mt. Zion in the Bible? (Revelation 14:1; Hebrews 12:22)

And where is Jesus today? He is where Paul said he was in his own day. Heavenly Mt. Zion. "You have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, HEAVENLY JERUSALEM, and myriads of angels." (Heb.12:22)

"For Christ entered, not into a holy place made with hands, which is a COPY of the reality, but into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us." (Heb.9:24)

Psa 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
Psa 89:35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
Psa 89:36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
Psa 89:37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

You believe GOD altered His promise to David.

I don't.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Because Israel was God's organization to spread the truth to the whole world about His purposes for the earth and all of mankind. The promises made to them were associated with that fact. Those promises extended to the NEW organization of the Christian Church when Israel rejected YHWH's plan to redeem all of mankind with Jesus' sacrifice. The the Church was responsible for telling the world about what YHWH had planned and how we can ALL take advantage of Jesus' Redemption sacrifice. The promises for the new Earth weren't just for Israel!

God said to Abraham: "By means of your seed [offspring] ALL NATIONS OF THE EARTH will certainly bless themselves." (Genesis 22:18)

Eze 36:17 Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.
Eze 36:18 Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it:
Eze 36:19 And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.
Eze 36:20 And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.
Eze 36:21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.
Eze 36:22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
Eze 36:23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
Eze 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Eze 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Eze 36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
Eze 36:29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
Eze 36:30 And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.
Eze 36:31 Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
Eze 36:32 Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
Eze 36:33 Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.
Eze 36:34 And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.
Eze 36:35 And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.
Eze 36:36 Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.
Eze 36:37 Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.
Eze 36:38 As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Last time I looked, the sun, the moon and the stars were still shining.

This is just one more of GOD's promises which Replacement Theologies don't believe:

Jer 31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
Jer 31:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
Jer 31:37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
When the Lord returns and takes His glorious throne, the throne of David, then the nations will finally understand that the Lord does indeed set apart Israel for Himself.

Too bad so many of those who claim to be Christians don't presently understand it, as well.

Eze 37:28 And the heathen[nations] shall know that I the LORD do sanctify[set apart] Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.