Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

genuineoriginal

Wow, you are lost.
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of trying to use the word "ETERNAL" to claim that Jesus has no beginning when the meaning of eternal is having no ending.

eternal
    • having infinite duration : EVERLASTING
    • of or relating to eternity
    • characterized by abiding fellowship with God
    • continued without intermission : PERPETUAL
    • seemingly endless
  1. archaic : INFERNAL
  2. valid or existing at all times : TIMELESS

genuineoriginal

You poor lost child.

I know you won't read this because Charles C. Ryrie is a well respected Trinitarian scholar.

Professor Charles C. Ryrie, writing in his well known work, Basic Theology, says:

"The N. T. contains no explicit statement of the doctrine of the Trinity of God (since “these three are one” in 1 John 5:7 is apparently not a part of the genuine text of scripture (p. 60). A definition of the Trinity is not easy to construct. Some are done by stating several propositions. Others err on the side of oneness or threeness (p. 61). Even with all the discussion and delineation that we attempt in relation to the Trinity, we must admit that in the final analysis it is a mystery (p.61). In the second half of the fourth century, three theologians from the province of Cappadocia in eastern Asia Minor gave definitive shape to the doctrine of the Trinity (p.65). But many doctrines are accepted by evangelicals as being clearly taught in the Scripture for which there are no proof texts. The doctrine of the Trinity furnishes the best example of this. It is fair to say that the Bible does not clearly teach the doctrine of the Trinity. In fact, there is not even one proof text, if by proof text we mean a verse or passage that “clearly” states that there is one God who exists in three persons (p. 89).

clefty

Jesus has no beginning and no end. He is the ETERNAL Son of God

So are we provided our path to the tree of life is not guarded by a cherubim...for our disobedience...

But had we not disobeyed we would have access to the tree of life and been eternal...from the time of our having become born or, in adam’s case, formed...and in eve’s created...

As for the only begotten Son...His eternal began when He was begotten...not created, or born but begotten...and before that time the ONLY Immortal One was NOT a Father...but alone...then He beget His Son...and became a Father...and the Son was not before He was begotten...but after He was begotten He was Eternal...confirmed when He was sacrificed to became BORN of FLESH...and REMAINED OBEDIENT...worthy of remaining ETERNAL despite HIs Father’s forsaking Him...as He was OBEDIENT and pleasing in accordance to His Father’s will...not His own...

And WHOSOEVER believes in Him shall not perish but is ETERNAL too...having access to the tree of life...NOT IMMORTAL...as ONLY the Father is that...and even before He was a Father...

clefty

I "got" you?? What (if anything) do you mean?
you seemed pleased I believed in more than one divine being...thinking perhaps 3?

But I include more than 3...angels...demons...satan...anyone or anything that ONLY IMMORTAL ONE desires to put His Spirit into...that donkey for instance could still be around...head of the donkey church...

Or that bronze serpent could still be healing today...that “holy” land still be actually holy...but in the case of the those last three examples HIS IMMORTAL SPIRIT LEFT and the donkey died a donkey...the bronze serpent became just matter again...and venerated it became and IDOL and had to be destroyed...as it was with the temple and its land...as the ONLY IMMORTAL’S SPIRIT departed...

Yup the ONLY IMMORTAL ONE can make anyone anything ETERNAL...as He chooses...

Also, how many things do you call "divine beings"?
certainly more than three that is for sure...and ONLY ONE IMMORTAL...and incuding our BEGOTTEN BROTHER all the rest are only ETERNAL and by His choice...and IF you are chosen you too will be ELOHIM...as He created and called you to be...ETERNAL as in His IMAGE...

HalleluYah...

chair

To believe in the Trinity doctrine automatically puts your beliefs outside of what the Bible says and leaves you reliant on human speculations which cannot be supported by the word of God. In short...other people's opinions.

There is an intrinsic problem with this argument. The New Testament was created and preserved by humans, who had certain beliefs. It isn't a Trinitarian book, because the early Christians weren't trinitarians yet. But the Bible isn't automatically a better source than human tradition. It is human tradition.

clefty

Christendom remains divided even as Trinitarian.

The East-that the Spirit progresses from the Father alone.

The West-that the Spirit is of both.

Odd that the Son was of or fathered by the Holy Spirit and yet He calls Another His Father.

Last edited:

clefty

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of trying to use the word "ETERNAL" to claim that Jesus has no beginning when the meaning of eternal is having no ending.

eternal
    • having infinite duration : EVERLASTING
    • of or relating to eternity
    • characterized by abiding fellowship with God
    • continued without intermission : PERPETUAL
    • seemingly endless
  1. archaic : INFERNAL
  2. valid or existing at all times : TIMELESS

It is the same problem with ETERNAL/FOREVER of

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 1:7

It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever. Isaiah 34:10

These fires are still not burning today as even a Boy Scout knows how long a fire burns.

“if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction, reducing them to ashes as an example of what is coming on the ungodly;” 2 Peter 2:6

Or

But Hannah went not up; for she said unto her husband, I will not go up until the child be weaned, and then I will bring him, that he may appear before the LORD, and there abide for ever. 1 Sam 1:13, 1 Sam 2:35, Numbers 25:13

Is Samuel still abiding at that House? Was he made eternal? Was he transformed in the twinkling of an eye before the rest who are asleep...errrr dead...IN HIM?

Last edited:

clefty

Another "the Hebrew/the Greek" fraud, con artist. No, drone, the LORD God is quite capable in providing His word in English, the prevalent language of this world, w/o your "hep," and the correct word is "he."

Yes, you "read" a mess of English bibles, not believing any one of them, correcting them all, alleged "the Greek" scammer.

Still waiting on an answer here or did you run off?

If so...now who gonna “hep” me? how will I ever learn how the pharisees and inquisitors originally said “the LORD God is quite capable in providing His word w/o your HEP”?

Seems to me they TRIED to “hep” Him a lot...got you believing all kinds of traditions of man even becoming a MAD christian...why without Scofield and Darby et al...I am surprised the Ethiopian even got it...

Now who gonna hep me?
Dis 3 time trinity?
dat KJV by Darby?

oatmeal

And where was He before His birth?

1 John 1:1-2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Introduction, The Incarnate Word
1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life— 2 and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us—

The same place you and I were, Ephesians 1:4, in the foreknowledge of God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The same place you and I were, Ephesians 1:4, in the foreknowledge of God.
:think:

So then we have always existed (even if only in God's mind)?

Because that's where that argument leads.

I think you need to reread that passage, because it doesn't say what you want it to say.

Here it is for you:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. - Ephesians 1:3-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians1:3-6&version=NKJV

Status
Not open for further replies.