Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimiel

Lev 27:34 These are the commandments, which the Lord commanded Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai.
Num 15:22-23 And if ye have erred, and not observed all these commandments, which the Lord hath spoken unto Moses,

23 Even all that the Lord hath commanded you by the hand of Moses, from the day that the Lord commanded Moses, and henceforward among your generations;

Mark 10:3 And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you?

Josh 11:15 As Jehovah commanded Moses his servant, so did Moses command Joshua: and so did Joshua; he left nothing undone of all that Jehovah commanded Moses.

Acts 3:22-23 Moses indeed said, A prophet shall the Lord God raise up unto you from among your brethren, like unto me. To him shall ye hearken in all things whatsoever he shall speak unto you. 23 And it shall be, that every soul that shall not hearken to that prophet, shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anyone saying: "Keep MY commandments," do you? Jesus is capable of giving commandments because He is God, in The Flesh. If you don't recognize that, you're none of His.

Dartman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anyone saying: "Keep MY commandments," do you?
You are trying to artificially narrow the evidence, and have carefully selected an extremely specific critera. The fact remains, Jesus and Moses were BOTH capable of giving commandments .... since Jehovah gave BOTH prophets Jehovah's own words.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anyone saying: "Keep MY commandments," do you? Jesus is capable of giving commandments because He is God, in The Flesh. If you don't recognize that, you're none of His.

Again, they are also suggestions; I never said don't obey them. But it is to think laws are not based on suggestions, and that suggestions can't be owned by law enforcement.

And besides the law of moses, Jesus was given other commandments by his father. They were all his suggestions, because he obeyed them.

Don't claim your statement proves your point, and keep my suggestion that it doesn't.

Aimiel

Again, they are also suggestions; I never said don't obey them. But it is to think laws are not based on suggestions, and that suggestions can't be owned by law enforcement.

And besides the law of moses, Jesus was given other commandments by his father. They were all his suggestions, because he obeyed them.

Don't claim your statement proves your point, and keep my suggestion that it doesn't.
I don't claim anything, other than to believe Scripture. I only see ONE Person in Scripture saying, "Keep My commandments," and He is God.

Aimiel

You are trying to artificially narrow the evidence, and have carefully selected an extremely specific critera. The fact remains, Jesus and Moses were BOTH capable of giving commandments .... since Jehovah gave BOTH prophets Jehovah's own words.
The difference being that Moses heard God speak and handed over commandments that God wrote with His Own Finger. Jesus is The Living Word of God. He ALWAYS did The Will of His Father, because they're One. All the fullness of The Godhead lives Bodily in Him.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
King David could, or someone who is the son of god but not god could. Judah held half to all of the kingship (ie. the law enforcement) depending on its time in history. Besides the law of Moses was given to the Israelites.

This is an appeal to ignorance and/or conjecture. You have no evidence that David could call God's commandments his.

Dartman

The difference being that Moses heard God speak and handed over commandments that God wrote with His Own Finger.
And, Jesus spoke what his God commanded him to speak, and did the works his God showed him.

A said:
Jesus is The Living Word of God.
No he is the fulfillment of his God's words.

A said:
He ALWAYS did The Will of His Father,
True, but it's because Jesus subjected his own will to his God's will.

A said:
because they're One.
True, "even as" the believers are ALSO One with Jesus, and his God.

A said:
All the fullness of The Godhead lives Bodily in Him.
Jesus' God ordained Jesus, exalted Jesus, GAVE Jesus all power, and all authority, Jesus obeyed his God perfectly, and transformed his spirit to match his God's spirit. That's the fulness of Godliness all right! :cool:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Lev 27:34 These are the commandments, which the Lord commanded Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai.
Num 15:22-23 And if ye have erred, and not observed all these commandments, which the Lord hath spoken unto Moses,

23 Even all that the Lord hath commanded you by the hand of Moses, from the day that the Lord commanded Moses, and henceforward among your generations;

Mark 10:3 And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you?

Josh 11:15 As Jehovah commanded Moses his servant, so did Moses command Joshua: and so did Joshua; he left nothing undone of all that Jehovah commanded Moses.

Acts 3:22-23 Moses indeed said, A prophet shall the Lord God raise up unto you from among your brethren, like unto me. To him shall ye hearken in all things whatsoever he shall speak unto you. 23 And it shall be, that every soul that shall not hearken to that prophet, shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.
Not one of those verses has anyone, including Moses, claiming the law as his own.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The commandments Moses gave came from God. Do you deny this?

Dartman

Not one of those verses has anyone, including Moses, claiming the law as his own.
Again, you are attempting to artificially limit the evidence. Jesus himself use the phrase "what did Moses command you"?
Jehovah Himself stated;

Deut 18:17-19 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

John 5:21 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

John 5:19-20 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. 20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

So, let's cut the word games.... DO you believe Jehovah and Jesus, or not?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Again, you are attempting to artificially limit the evidence. Jesus himself use the phrase "what did Moses command you"?

Just because Moses commanded them doesn't make them his commands.

Jesus said:

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. - John 14:15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John14:15&version=NKJV

And

He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” - John 14:21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John14:21&version=NKJV

And

If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. - John 15:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John15:10&version=NKJV

And

This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. - John 15:12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John15:12&version=NKJV

Jehovah Himself stated;

Deut 18:17-19 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words

"My words" = God's words

:think:

in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

"all that [God] shall command him"

19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words

"My words" = God's words

which he shall speak in my name,

"in My name" = by [God's] authority

I will require it of him.

John 5:21 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

John 5:19-20 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. 20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

So, let's cut the word games.... DO you believe Jehovah and Jesus, or not?

I believe Him, and not you.

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. - John 14:15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John14:15&version=NKJV

And

He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” - John 14:21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John14:21&version=NKJV

And

If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. - John 15:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John15:10&version=NKJV

And

This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. - John 15:12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John15:12&version=NKJV

"My words" = God's words

"all that [God] shall command him"

"My words" = God's words

"in My name" = by [God's] authority

Sounds like Jesus is claiming God's commands as His own.

Which would be blasphemy, of course, if Jesus were not God.

But since Jesus IS God, there is no issue.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Of course they came from God.

The commandments Jesus gave came from God. Do you deny this?

Jesus is God, so no, I don't deny that the commandments Jesus claims are His commandments came from God, be ause they are God's commandments. Thanks for proving my point.

Dartman

Just because Moses commanded them doesn't make them his commands.
Just like Jesus.

JR said:
Jesus said:

Jesus clarified EXACTLY what he meant;
John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

John 12:49-50 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

DO YOU BELIEVE HIM, OR NOT??

Dartman

Jesus is God, so no, I don't deny that the commandments Jesus claims are His commandments came from God, be ause they are God's commandments. Thanks for proving my point.
Your ploys are dishonest. So, like trying to pin down a greased piglet,
Jesus says his commandments came from his Father. .... and Jesus says specifically they were NOT from himself.
Do you deny this??
Are you oneness, and believe Jesus was his own Father??

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I quoted Jesus. HE says there are false Christs. And Paul warns against people preaching "another Jesus".
So you tell me, what did Jesus and Paul mean?

You didn't answer the questions I asked you.

Again, here're the questions I asked you:

• Do you call more than one person "Jesus"?
  • How many persons, besides Jesus, Himself, do you call "Jesus"?

Here's another, a third question for you to stonewall against:

• Would you say that Paul was calling another person--besides Jesus, Himself--"Jesus", when he used the phrase "another Jesus"?

Apple7

Jesus' God ordained Jesus, exalted Jesus, GAVE Jesus all power, and all authority, Jesus obeyed his God perfectly, and transformed his spirit to match his God's spirit. That's the fulness of Godliness all right! :cool:

And now Father, glorify Me with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the existence of the world. John 17.5

Since scripture maintains that the Second Person of The Trinity has always existed, please tell us what exactly Jesus gained that He didn't always have to begin with...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Your ploys are dishonest. So, like trying to pin down a greased piglet,

:blabla:

Jesus says his commandments came from his Father.

No, He does not.

If He had, then why did He call them His commandments?

Why not just say, "My Father's commandments"?

Jesus called them HIS commandments because they are, in fact, Jesus' commandments.

Jesus was the one who gave the commandments to Moses.

.... and Jesus says specifically they were NOT from himself.

No, He did not.

He called the commandments "My commandments."

Why do you deny what is plainly written?

Was Jesus lying or being deceptive when He called the commandments "My commandments", in that they weren't really His commandments, but the Father's?

Are you now calling Jesus a liar?

Do you deny this??
Are you oneness, and believe Jesus was his own Father??

:blabla:

Status
Not open for further replies.