Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

POSSIBILITIES:

1. Angel in human form. No.
2. Evolved/exalted man. No.
3. Specially created sinless man with no preexistence before conception. That's also out.

4. God the Son in the flesh. True (Heb 5:5, Heb 10:5,10).

clefty

No, you are not able to accept that God is Triune.

The Word was with God and was God. John 1:1

He CAME OUT from God and became flesh. John 1:14

John 16:27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Same with the Holy Spirit. A TRIUNE GOD sends forth the Son and the Spirit.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​

That is the Eastern belief.

Please let the majority West know their error.

Thank you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filioque

clefty

Since his IMMORTAL Father is "the ONLY true God" ... according to Jesus, you would be wrong.

This is true, but incomplete. Jesus also died because he was a MORTAL human being.

His God resurrected him, AND changed him from mortal to immortal.

No...only ONE remains IMMORTAL...everything else is begotten created or born...

Even at the end of this detour of sin...man will be restored to the status of Man as created —->DEPENDENT ON THE TREE OF LIFE...once blocked from access to the tree of life man being mortal only...began to die physically

The tree of life will be available in the new world...with man dependant again on it...to live eternally...

Immortal means NO POINT OF ORIGIN...always was always will be...the Son begotten is only eternal as there was a time prior His begetting that He was NOT begotten...the IMMORTAL Father not a Father BUT ONLY BECOMING A FATHER AT THE BEGETTING OF A SON...

Dartman

No...only ONE remains IMMORTAL...everything else is begotten created or born...
Ummm ..... you are WAY confused about the definition of "immortal"!

It has NOTHING to do with origin ..... it has EVERYTHING to do with; CANNOT DIE.

Here is the definition of Mortality; NT:2349 thnetos (thnay-tos'); from NT:2348; liable to die: KJV - mortal (-ity).

Here is IMMORTALITY;

NT:110 athanasia (ath-an-as-ee'-ah); from a compound of NT:1 (as a negative particle) and NT:2288; deathlessness: KJV - immortality.

musterion

Psalm 2:

Kiss the Son, lest He be angry and ye perish from the way, when His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him.

No one can argue that this can only be speaking of Christ.

But when that was written, Christ hadn’t yet been born into this world.

Yet there He was being referred to by God as His Son, in Whom all are to trust lest they perish.

THIS SAYS THAT BEFORE HE TOOK ON FLESH, CHRIST WAS GOD'S SON.

So as Christ said during His incarnation, "The Father and I are One." Perfect harmony there.

But here's the capper:

Since there is, numerically, only one God -- beside Whom there is no other -- God is telling us that He exists in three co-equal, co-existent Persons...Father, Son and Spirit.

For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given:
and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father,

The Prince of Peace.

I and the Father are ONE.

Perfect harmony there too.

Trinitarianism is the only model that even tries dealing fairly with all this. All other models are inadequate or dishonest, and so they fail.

musterion

The only way to respond to the above is to say "The Bible is wrong" (which would be refreshingly honest for at least one of you to finally admit what you really think). Or to take the usual Satanic route and try to rewrite it to make it stop saying what it says. Or just ignore it or snark on it, which is the realm of defeated juvenile punks and hypocrites.

Or you can just accept it as true, because it is.

But you can't refute it. All you can do is reject it, but not without calling God a liar.

Taking the Bible exactly as it is, accepting it as without contradiction wherever it leads, will make a Trinitarian out of you. And a dispensationalist.

Last edited:

Dartman

Psalm 2:

No one can argue that this can only be speaking of Christ.
Correct.
M said:
But when that was written, Christ hadn’t yet been born into this world.
Yet there He was being referred to by God as His Son, in Whom all are to trust lest they perish.
Also correct, Psa 2 is a prophecy.

M said:
THIS SAYS THAT BEFORE HE TOOK ON FLESH, CHRIST WAS GOD'S SON.
Nope. Psa 2 is a prophecy.

clefty

Ummm ..... you are WAY confused about the definition of "immortal"!

It has NOTHING to do with origin ..... it has EVERYTHING to do with; CANNOT DIE.

Here is the definition of Mortality; NT:2349 thnetos (thnay-tos'); from NT:2348; liable to die: KJV - mortal (-ity).

Here is IMMORTALITY;

NT:110 athanasia (ath-an-as-ee'-ah); from a compound of NT:1 (as a negative particle) and NT:2288; deathlessness: KJV - immortality.

Ach du liebe!!...well that does help...HAHAHA...

Good to be corrected...thanks

HalleluYah...so Yah is ETERNAL and His Begotten Son is IMMORTAL...good to know...

Thanks for that...

clefty

So, when we believers put off our mortal bodies and put on our immortal bodies, we will become immortal with no point of origin?

No...hang on...as Dartman corrected me...I confused immortality with eternal...

Yah IS ETERNAL...no point of origin and then He finally begot a Son Who IS immortal and has a point of origin. ...a point in time which made Yah a Father...His Son Immortal...

We are made mortal dependent on the tree of life...which makes us immortal but not ETERNAL only ONE is ETERNAL...the FATHER...all the rest are begotten created or born...

We put off our earthly tents to receive the heavenly buildings...further clothed not naked...nor desiring to be unclothed...but further clothed...with immortality through access to the tree of life...provided to us by WHAT our brother did...we are never ETERNAL...but only mortal...putting on immortality...further clothed...

Hope that clarifies...

BobRyan

Deut 18:17-18 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

It is impossible for Jesus to be "Jehovah" because Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is. His FATHER is Jehovah!

One God Deut 6:4 in three persons Matthew 28:19. Can't be refuted by making the point that they are not the same person. The "One God in three persons" statement is not a claim that they are "the same person".

Hebrews 8:6-11 says it is Christ speaking as God at Sinai. And it is Christ in Jer 31:31-33 stating the New Covenant.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Correct.
Also correct, Psa 2 is a prophecy.

Nope. Psa 2 is a prophecy.
Now therefore, be wise, O kings; Be instructed, you judges of the earth.Serve the Lord with fear, And rejoice with trembling.Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, And you perish in the way, When His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him. - Psalm 2:10-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm2:10-12&version=NKJV

This part, at the very least, isn't a prophecy. It's a command.

"Now, therefore..."

:duh:

way 2 go

The Bible does not say God is Triune.
so?

the bible dose say

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
my point is the commandments are God's commandments which Jesus claims are his commandments
therefore Jesus is God

Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
my point is only God is lord of the sabbath and Jesus claims to be Lord of the sabbath
therefore Jesus is God

way 2 go

The only way to respond to the above is to say "The Bible is wrong" (which would be refreshingly honest for at least one of you to finally admit what you really think). Or to take the usual Satanic route and try to rewrite it to make it stop saying what it says. Or just ignore it or snark on it, which is the realm of defeated juvenile punks and hypocrites.

Or you can just accept it as true, because it is.

But you can't refute it. All you can do is reject it, but not without calling God a liar.

Taking the Bible exactly as it is, accepting it as without contradiction wherever it leads, will make a Trinitarian out of you. And a dispensationalist.

why do people who don't believe Jesus is God worship him or do they ?
how do they think that the death of just a man can pay for the sin of the world ?

Mat_4:10 Then Jesus said to him, "Be gone, Satan! For it is written, "'You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.'"

glorydaz

why do people who don't believe Jesus is God worship him or do they ?
how do they think that the death of just a man can pay for the sin of the world ?

Mat_4:10 Then Jesus said to him, "Be gone, Satan! For it is written, "'You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.'"

Those who refuse to worship Jesus Christ as Lord and God simply don't know God.

Dartman

One God Deut 6:4 in three persons Matthew 28:19. Can't be refuted by making the point that they are not the same person. The "One God in three persons" statement is not a claim that they are "the same person".
I was addressing the theory that Jesus is Jehovah, there are OTHER verses that refute the "3 persons in one God" notion.

BR said:
Hebrews 8:6-11 says it is Christ speaking as God at Sinai.
No, it doesn't. NO WHERE in that text does it say Christ was speaking. The quote is Jehovah/YHVH God speaking.

BR said:
And it is Christ in Jer 31:31-33 stating the New Covenant.
Again, you are confused.

Jer 31:31-33 Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith Jehovah.
33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith Jehovah: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people:

Dartman

Now therefore, be wise, O kings; Be instructed, you judges of the earth.Serve the Lord with fear, And rejoice with trembling.Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, And you perish in the way, When His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him. - Psalm 2:10-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm2:10-12&version=NKJV

This part, at the very least, isn't a prophecy. It's a command.

"Now, therefore..."
I would agree, it IS a commmand, and it is worded as a warning.
It is telling those "judges of the earth" that will witness Jesus at his 2nd coming, to Serve Jehovah, AND to "Kiss" His son, lest he be angry.

Dartman

so?

the bible dose say

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
my point is the commandments are God's commandments which Jesus claims are his commandments
therefore Jesus is God
You didn't read enough.
John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I say unto you I speak not from myself: but the Father abiding in me doeth his works.
John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

Jesus spoke Jehovah's words, Just like Jehovah foretold;

Deut 18:17-19 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. 19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto My words which he shall speak in My name, I will require it of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.