James 1:1 refutes MAD

heir

TOL Subscriber
You're not in the body of Christ and you never were. You are in the body of Dispensational unbelievers which is a modern-day cult.
Anyone who trusts the Lord believing that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day as the all sufficient work of their salvation is baptized by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV) and there's nothing you can say or do to change that (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Lord's supper commemorates the blood of the new testament (covenant) for the remission of sin and Christians not Jews have been celebrating it for 2000 years.

Your just as much of an unrepentant sinner as the other guy.
The Lord's supper has nothing to do with the Body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:20 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes I hate that because it's sin and a false gospel that you could not give up if your life depended on it.
Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Lord's supper has nothing to do with the Body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:20 KJV

Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
Mat 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
Mat 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
And who was Jesus doing this with? (hint, there were no Gentiles around)

lifeisgood

I have to disagree with you on this one heir. Paul is talking about (IMHO) about when they gathered to participate of the Lord's Supper they did not come to do that but they came in as like they simply coming to eat and not really to participate of the Lord's Supper with order for Paul says that

1 Cor. 11:21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
1 Cor. 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

They were behaving incorrectly when they gathered together to participate of the Lord's Supper, Paul say some were even drunk. Can any one of us if we believe that we are to participate of the Lord's Supper or not come into the gathering drunk? Or get in front of others so that we can get the morsel before anybody else just in case?

I believe in participating of the Lord's Supper others do not and as Paul said, One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. (Romans 14:5-9).

For me I can say the same as Paul, One person considers participating of the Lord's Supper more sacred than not participating and others do not believe in participating of the Lord's Supper. Each should be fully convinced in their own mind. However, all should be done in order and not with debauchery as Paul is stating in 1 Corinthians 11.

I do not believe that Paul is stating that we are not to celebrate the Lord's Supper.

john w

Hall of Fame
Joh 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
Joh 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
Joh 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

LA

Her standard spam one verse in isolation, and think, "That ought to do it....My daddy did that against this 'Jesus' in the wilderness-should work eventually..."

Like father, like son....after his own kind(survey Genesis).

And for all of TOL to witness, again-a devil child rejecting that the Lord Jesus Christ is God.

Your witness.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are trying to justify your hatred by claiming I am not a disciple of Christ, a son of God.

LA
You reject, on record, that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and again concede that you are not a member of the body of Christ, but a child of the devil. We know. I flushed you out again.

I am not "trying to justify," Damian, my identification/marking of you as a wolf, child of the devil; Nay....I make no apologies for hating minions of satan, wolves, such as yourself, for attempting to "spiritually" molest, plunder, and devour the sheep, and make them "twofold more the child of hell than" you-Matthew 23:15 KJV.

john w

Hall of Fame

Another biblical buffoon, who sloppily disregards the details of the "volume of the book," a book of details,showing, again, contempt for it....

Matthew 26 KJV

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins

vs.

1 Timothy 2:6 KJV

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

LALaw: It all says the same thing, as "many"="all!!!!" Why be concerned with details, and...

"to be testified in due time"???

john w

Hall of Fame
And who was Jesus doing this with? (hint, there were no Gentiles around)

Ah, why be concerned with details, JR? Don't you know that all of the scripture is addressed specifically to everyone, is about everyone, and all scriptural promises/directives/commands are for everyone, as it all says the same thing? That is what most of "Christendom" has been taught by Professor Demas/Judas, with 12 titles before their first and last name, and their "just one 'the' church" Statement Of Faith(SOF), as they think, "Well, he/she, 'the' church teaches it every week, so I will be just fine, sitting in the pew, you see, well, uh, urrr..."

john w

Hall of Fame
I have to disagree with you on this one heir. Paul is talking about (IMHO) about when they gathered to participate of the Lord's Supper they did not come to do that but they came in as like they simply coming to eat and not really to participate of the Lord's Supper with order for Paul says that

1 Cor. 11:21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
1 Cor. 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

They were behaving incorrectly when they gathered together to participate of the Lord's Supper, Paul say some were even drunk. Can any one of us if we believe that we are to participate of the Lord's Supper or not come into the gathering drunk? Or get in front of others so that we can get the morsel before anybody else just in case?

I believe in participating of the Lord's Supper others do not and as Paul said, One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. (Romans 14:5-9).

For me I can say the same as Paul, One person considers participating of the Lord's Supper more sacred than not participating and others do not believe in participating of the Lord's Supper. Each should be fully convinced in their own mind. However, all should be done in order and not with debauchery as Paul is stating in 1 Corinthians 11.

I do not believe that Paul is stating that we are not to celebrate the Lord's Supper.

Well stated, LIG, and I concur. However, this is not a doctrinal matter that should divide respective members of the boc, and "celebrating" the Lord's supper, does not, de facto, argue that the New Covenant provisions are promised to members of the boc.

heir

TOL Subscriber
That's not to the church which is His Body, LA Lost.

heir

TOL Subscriber

Paul is rebuking the Corinthians.
1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
1 Corinthians 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
No "might be also heresies among you", there "MUST be..."
1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
When they came together it was not to eat the Lord's supper. It is possible though, that this is what they were calling it.
1 Corinthians 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
1 Corinthians 11:21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

Here they were eating and drinking in front of the church of God who had nothing (those in the church of God had sold out)! Paul was rebuking them.
1 Corinthians 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
Paul is going to be recalling the same night in which the Lord was betrayed.
1 Corinthians 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

Paul is still speaking of that night which the Lord was betrayed. He is NOT instructing the Corinthians to partake of the Lord's supper in remembrance of Him.

1 Corinthians 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Again, Paul is talking of the night the Lord was betrayed. He is not instructing the Corinthians to do it "til He come".

1 Corinthians 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Here's where you are going to have BIG problems if you are saying the Lord's supper is to the church, the Body of Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

So if we eat this bread and drink this cup of the Lord UNWORTHILY we are guilty of the body and blood of the Lord? How could a member of the Body of Christ be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord???!!!IMPOSSIBLE!

1 Corinthians 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

Here again, another BIG problem for those who would say the Lord's supper is TO the Body of Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

If I, a member of the Body of Christ eateth and drinketh unworthily I eateth and drinketh damnation to myself not discerning the Lord's body???!!!IMPOSSIBLE!

1 Corinthians 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
1 Corinthians 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1 Corinthians 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Condemned with the world? Impossible (Romans 8:1 KJV)!

When reading of the same night in which the Lord was betrayed, who was the only one that ate of the bread, drank of the cup, was guilty of the body and blood of the Lord? Who is the one that ate and drank unworthily, ate and drank damnation unto himself, not discerning the Lord's body? There's only one...Judas Iscariot! It's not to us.