It is totally illogical to be "pro-choice" in a civilized society

republicanchick

You said living things only come from living things.

Is a seed a living thing? That bag of sunflower seeds, are they alive?

why don't u just admit u have no valid argument

that's what happens when one comes up against truth

accept, ignore it... or impugn it...

we see which u have chosen

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
You said living things only come from living things.

Is a seed a living thing? That bag of sunflower seeds, are they alive?

I can't believe that you are using this. :plain:

:doh:

Okay...I'll play. :rolleyes: First and foremost you are comparing apples to...Well, mammals. The fact is that seeds, while alive, do not begin the growth process until germination. Germination does not begin until (to put it simply) the conditions which are needed for survival are present.
Here is where the comparison really breaks down because, you see; if human embryos did not begin growing until the conditions were right for their survival (Like plant embryos...You know?...Seeds?) then abortion would not be a question because the stupid babies wouldn't grow until their Moms are damn good and ready (And not as liable to whack them in some butcher shop masquerading as a clinic).

That having been said....:bang:

shagster01

I can't believe that you are using this. :plain:

:doh:

Okay...I'll play. :rolleyes: First and foremost you are comparing apples to...Well, mammals. The fact is that seeds, while alive, do not begin the growth process until germination. Germination does not begin until (to put it simply) the conditions which are needed for survival are present.
Here is where the comparison really breaks down because, you see; if human embryos did not begin growing until the conditions were right for their survival (Like plant embryos...You know?...Seeds?) then abortion would not be a question because the stupid babies wouldn't grow until their Moms are damn good and ready (And not as liable to whack them in some butcher shop masquerading as a clinic).

That having been said....:bang:

I'm not using this example to support abortion in any way. I'm just using it to question the life only comes from life argument that republicanchick used. Just invalidating her argument.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Since when is a disability or the criminal history a a child's father a justifiable reason to kill somebody?

It is unfair to force an already traumatized rape victim to birth and care for a child that she may be unable to anyway.

If a fetus is determined to, as an example, be in a vegetative state, why force an empty, brain-dead child with no hope of ever even having a human thought to exist? And then to force this child with massively expensive needs on a mother is not fair to either child or mother. A child living in that condition is just a trap for its soul

keypurr

A humans programing is called DNA. How quickly is that powered up, when a new life comes into existence, do you think? :think:

I see the human programming as the thought processes the brain uses to make decisions. Truth is neither of us is knowledgeable enough to make this decision on personhood. So I go by Gen 2:7

keypurr

doesn't matter

we know it is human and that it grows exponentially while in the womb

nuf said

what is not alive does not grow

life that is not human does not appear in a human's womb...

when in doubt, we take the side of LIFE

b/c to do otherwise is to play God and to risk committing murder

a mortal sin which will land you in Hell if you do not repent of it... and a LONG stay in Purgatory even if you do...

___

Until birth, it is only a human in process. It becomes a living soul at birth.

How do you define a human? a egg, a sperm cell?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Until birth, it is only a human in process. It becomes a living soul at birth.

How do you define a human? a egg, a sperm cell?

so blood, heartbeats, lungs, brain, etc etc, means nothing until birth ? babies 'feel" and 'know' things in the womb. a human is not "a egg, a sperm cell". the egg is fertilized (conception), life begins. i should mention, as i forget, i have had no part in an abortion, maybe folks that have, even remotely, feel bad, and need to state a different view to "show" innocence or legality. maybe not. but i'm done talking about abortion - :patrol:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is unfair to force an already traumatized rape victim to birth and care for a child that she may be unable to anyway.

Which is why there are Rape Crisis Centers and the option of adoption ...