ISIS beheads Catholic "priest" in Normandy France.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
muhammad-e1432993199907.jpg

theophilus

Dear ISIS,

Knowing how much you hate pictures of your Prophet; when you come after [MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] for posting them her address is 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington DC.

Write that down.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Definitely there's a tragic amount of Islamic extremist terrorism, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been any other kind to report. Coincidentally, when doing some work for my summer class a week or so ago, I came across this story:

Buddhists convicted of Muslim massacre in Myanmar

I post that just to illustrate that there has been sectarian violence and terrorism for all of human history.

ISIS was born out of the destabilization of the Middle East,and it operates chiefly on propaganda. It relies on its reputation of fear to precede it, and we've been very helpful to them in spreading their fear propaganda. I read this morning that French media is considering ways to prevent the celebratory notoriety of terrorists, and I think that's something should be agreed on by all countries. There's a balance between the rights of citizens to know what's happening and who's behind it - but they can certainly refrain from showing names and faces and the entire history of the terrorist, I think that only serves to motivate copycats.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are Levitical priests the only priests? Does Scripture support that?

There will be a day when all of Israel shall be a nation of priests on earth. For me, I have no mediator, I am in Christ. You can say he is the mediator between myself and the Father. So when the Father looks at me, he sees his perfect son.

glassjester

There will be a day when all of Israel shall be a nation of priests on earth. For me, I have no mediator, I am in Christ. You can say he is the mediator between myself and the Father. So when the Father looks at me, he sees his perfect son.

You said the French priest was not a priest because he was not of Levi.

This implies that the only priests are Levitical priests. So do you believe that? Are Levitical priests the only priests?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You said the French priest was not a priest because he was not of Levi.

This implies that the only priests are Levitical priests. So do you believe that? Are Levitical priests the only priests?

You seem confused/lack of information. So I gave it to you.

Deuteronomy 18

1“The priests, the Levites—all the tribe of Levi—shall have no part nor inheritance with Israel; they shall eat the offerings of the Lord made by fire, and His portion.

This is why the Jews sent the Levites to the river Jordan over baptism. It was their job.

theophilus

Glad to help. He is not of Levi.

Background: Priestly Genes

http://discovermagazine.com/1997/apr/priestlygenes1115

http://www.aish.com/ci/sam/48936742.html

Nature – Volume 385 –2 January 1997
Y Chromosomes of Jewish Priests

Michael F. Hammer, Karl Skorecki, Sara Selig, Shraga Blazer, Bruce Rappaport, Robert Bradman, Neil Bradman, P.J. Waburton, Monic Ismajlowicz

According the biblical accounts, the Jewish priesthood was established about 3,300 years ago with the appointment of the first Israelite high priest. Designation of Jewish males to the priesthood continues to this day, and is determined by strict patrilineal decent. Accordingly, we sought and found clear differences in the frequency of Y-chromosomes haplotypes between Jewish priests and their lay counterparts. Remarkably, the difference is observable in both Ashkenazi and Sephardic populations, despite the geographical separation of the two communities.

The human Y chromosome has useful properties for studies of molecular evolution. Except for the pseudo-autosomal region, it is inherited paternally and does not recombine. It can be used to construct patrilineal genealogy cladograms complementary to those formulated using maternally inherited mitochondrial DNA.

The phenotypic differences that exist between different communities of contempory Jews in the world are thought to emanate, at least in part, from genetic admixture with neighboring communities of non-Jews, during a prolonged dispersion. The genetic basis of this diversity has been investigated using analysis of neutral DNA markers, including mitochondrial and Y-chromosome markers. However, previous studies have not considered the subsets of male Jews comprising the priesthood (Cohanim). Significantly, there is no procedure other than paternal decent by which male Jews are assigned to the priesthood. Identification as a priest carries with it certain social and religious obligations which have tended to preserve this identity within Jewish communities. Based on surveys of Jewish cemetery gravestones, priests represent approximately 5% of the estimated total male world Jewish population of roughly 7 million.

We identified haplotypes of 188 unrelated Y chromosomes using the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) applied to genomic DNA isolated from buccal mucosal swab from Israeli, North American and British Jews. We constructed haplotypes using first, the presence or absence of the Y Alu polymorphic (YAP) insert, thought to represent a unique evolutionary event dated between 29,000 and 340,000 years ago, and second, a polymorphic GATA repeat microsatellite, DYS19. We also typed a subset of samples for the non-Y-chromosome CA-repeat polymorphism, D1S191.

We determined the designation of each subject as a member of the priesthood by direct questioning. Subjects who were not sure of their designation or who identified themselves as ‘Levite’ (a separate junior priesthood, based on a different, less-well defined patrilineal lineage) were not included in the current analysis.

We identified six haplotypes, whose frequencies are shown in the table (YAP+ DYS19A-E and YAP+ DYS19, all alleles.) Applying the x2 test to the frequencies of the T-chromosome haplotypes distinguishes priests from the lay population. The most striking difference was in the frequency of YAP+ chromosomes among compares to lay Jews. Only 1.5% of Y-chromosomes among priests were YAP+, in comparison to a frequency of 18.4% in lay Jews. In contrast, we found no significant difference in the distribution of alleles for the non-Y-chromosomes locus polymorphism D1S191. (data not shown). These Y-chromosome haplotype differences confirm a distinct paternal genealogy for Jewish priests.

We further identified subjects as being of Ashkenazi or Sephardic origin. This refers to the two chief, separate communities which developed within the Diaspora during the past millennium. As shown in the table, the same haplotype distinction can be made between priests and lay members within each population. This result is consistent with an origin for the Jewish priesthood antedating the division of world Jewry into Ashkenazi and Sephardic communities, and is of particular interest in view of the pronounced genetic diversity displayed between the two communities. This conclusion is further supported by the relative preponderance of the YAP-, DYS19B haplotype in both populations, suggesting that this may have been the founding modal haplotype of the Jewish priesthood.

Taken together, our findings define a set of Y-chromosomes of recent common origin. Differences have accumulated in the genomic DNA of Y-chromosomes of Jewish priests during the relatively short time since the establishment of the priesthood, should be useful in defining rates and mechanisms of Y-chromosome evolution.

Table 1. HAPLOTYPE FREQUENCY F (standard error)

Alleles All Ashkenazi Sephardic
Cohen Israelite Cohen Israelite Cohen Israelite
n=68 n=120 n=44 n=81 n=24 n=39
Yap- DYS19 A 0.162 0.091 0.205 0.074 0.083 0.129
(0.045) (0.026) (0.061) (0.029) (0.056) (0.054)
B 0.544 0.325 0.454 0.321 0.709 0.333
(0.060) (0.042) (0.075) (0.052) (0.093) (0.093)
C 0.162 0.300 0.227 0.272 0.042 0.359
(0.045) (0.042) (0.063) (0.049) (0.041) (0.077)
D 0.088 0.083 0.091 0.111 0.083 0.026
(0.035) (0.024) (0.044) (0.035) (0.056) (0.024)
E 0.029 0.017 0.000 0.025 0.083 0.000
(0.020) (0.012) --- (0.017) (0.056) ---
YAP+ DYS19 0.015 0.184 0.023 0.197 0.000 0.153
(all) (0.014) (0.035) (0.024) (0.045) --- (0.057)
Px 2 <0.001 <0.01 <0.01

Ashkenazic, Jewish communities of Northern Europe; Sephardic, Jewish communities of North Africa and the Middle East; Cohen, Priest; Israelite, lay Jew. A-E different DYS19 haplotypes.

Karl Skorecki
Sara Selig
Shraga Blazer
Bruce Rappaport
Faculty of Medicine & Research Institute and Rambam Medical Centre,
Technion-Israel Instutute of Technology Haifa,
31096 Israel and department of Medicine,
University of Toronto
Toronto M5S1A8, Canada
Email: skorecki@tx.technion.co.il

DNA testing can determine priestly descent.

(If you want to know.)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Quran baldly allows the murder of any person who is not a Muslim. That's not an opinion, that's a fact, Jack.

So if you're going to defend Islam, don't be halfway about it- all of us aren't even human according to that godforsaken book, and I have had it with ignorant people defending something which tells that YOU, YOURSELF ain't worth a damn thing.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not one rebuttal against religious intolerance from the left.

Why do you have priest in quotes?

He was not a "priest", he was a priest. He also had name and title: Father Jacques Hamel.

I doubt he actually looked for any "rebuttal from the left," he just wanted to make a thread that could put down both Catholics and liberals at the same time.

Since when did accuracy matter to Nick. The more hateful he can say something, the more he likes it.

As koban would say...."Cue the 'tards". Right on schedule.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It took you a day and a half to think up that bit of brilliance? :chuckle:

No, more like a quarter second when I read your idiot replies. I just have other things to do then tease the kids on the short bus.