ISIS beheads Catholic "priest" in Normandy France.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Deut 13:6-10
Deut 17:1-5

Or maybe Num 31 where the Israelites are commanded to men, women and all male children (the female children were lovingly spared as spoils of war) because they had tempted two jews to worship other gods.

But I guess now you cry about context and how Christians don't believe or practice that. But why are you then citing singular verses without any understanding of their context in the Quran nor any understanding of their reception history and interpretation by Islamic theologians today?

You do know there is an old and a new testament (covenant) right? You are who seem to be at odds with context, but then i dont expect you to understand. We were also discussing the Quran and islam, did you forget?

I also note that instead of you showing what you say is out of context from the Quran, you arent correcting me by using the context you claim false (i only quoted a verse by the way, gave no additional interpretation), youre just tossing red herrings.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Earlier today, two jihadis stormed a church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray, France, with knives and a fake bomb. They forced a Catholic priest to his knees and filmed themselves slashing his throat at the altar. They later shouted “Allahu Akbar” while police shot them to death.

They are not that bad.
Let more in!

Sure, what a peaceful bunch.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
More thoughtless proof texting. Cannot expect much more from the ludicrous secterian forms of Christianity that is fringe American right wing fundamentalist Christians.

Cannot show your work or claims so you resort to ad hominem. :)

Islam is from the pit of hell. See thats how you decry whats happening coming from it. Attacking Christians and Christianity wont stop the bloodthirsty demons created by islam.

Selaphiel

You do know there is an old and a new testament (covenant) right? You are who seem to be at odds with context, but then i dont expect you to understand. We were also discussing the Quran and islam, did you forget?

Oh, so you are saying that we need something outside those verses in isolation to understand them? Hypocrite.

Do you know even the basics of Quranic interpretation? You do know that each Surah belongs to a certain historical event in the mission of Muhammad, right? Do you know the historical context of Surah 9? Do you know the history of the conflict between the early Muslim community and the Qurayshi tribes? As history goes, those tribes repeatedly violated peace treaties with the Muslim community. The sword verses are as a response to that. So it is a response to an enemy who 1) Broke peace treaties repeatedly. 2) Struck first 3) Persecuted Muhammad out of Mecca.

I still think the verse is harsh, but it is not a universal legitimation for killing non-muslims anywhere. That is simply nonsense.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[h=1]France Sacrifices Priest on the Altar of "Tolerance" (David Wood)

[FONT=&quot]
[/h]
[/FONT]

Selaphiel

Cannot show your work or claims so you resort to ad hominem. :)

How can it be answered? Your reply is essentially: "I have secret knowledge that you don't have and which is in principle undemonstrable". Declaring those who disagree with you spiritually blind might be a good coping mechanism for you, but it is not an argument.
It is especially funny when you belong to a fringe sect of Christianity, with no roots in any form of historical Christianity whatsoever.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
More thoughtless proof texting. Cannot expect much more from the ludicrous secterian forms of Christianity that is fringe American right wing fundamentalist Christians.

That is not about the interpretation of the scriptures, it is about the event of the crucifixion and resurrection as revelation, not texts.Of course, you lot abuse this verse to defend all the absolute nonsense you belive in such as creationism.

Go listen to a Tom Waits album

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Evangelical fundamentalism with its nonsense "me and my Bible" view, completely divorced from the liturgy, sacraments and the theological history of the church.

fun·da·men·tal·ism
ˌfəndəˈmen(t)lˌizəm/

noun

strict adherence to the basic principles of any subject or discipline

In other words, i follow my book *word of God*, and you don't. (just like i said earlier, that moderate muslims and liberal christians are the same, neither practice what their holy books say, they make it up as they go.

ISIS actually practices the demonic religion of Islam.

thank you for recognizing that I follow the bible though :)

PS Thank you also for showing of course like the good lemming liberal you are, you would rather attack me and christianity, than decry islam.

You are proving the premise of the OP clearly.

Selaphiel

fun·da·men·tal·ism
ˌfəndəˈmen(t)lˌizəm/

noun

strict adherence to the basic principles of any subject or discipline

In other words, i follow my book *word of God*, and you don't. (just like i said earlier, that moderate muslims and liberal christians are the same, neither practice what their holy books say, they make it up as they go.

ISIS actually practices the demonic religion of Islam.

thank you for recognizing that I follow the bible though :)

Assuming of course that individualist interpretation of the Bible in isolation from liturgy and sacraments is or ever was Christianty. It isn't. It is an absolute perversion of the Reformation, twisted into something that has zero resemblance to any form of Christianity of history.

Nice dodge on the explanation of Surah 9 though. See, I don't think you care at all for the victims of ISIS. It is just material for you to demonize a religion you disagree with.

It is extra comical when you lot claim that Islam violates human rights, coming from a crazy sect where many wishes for the death penalty or incarceration for homosexuals. Or that they are against western civilization, while at the same time you advocate fairy tales view of the world over the sound theories of the sciences.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Assuming of course that individualist interpretation of the Bible in isolation from liturgy and sacraments is or ever was Christianty. It isn't. It is an absolute perversion of the Reformation, twisted into something that has zero resemblance to any form of Christianity of history.

Nice dodge on the explanation of Surah 9 though. See, I don't think you care at all for the victims of ISIS. It is just material for you to demonize a religion you disagree with.

It is extra comical when you lot claim that Islam violates human rights, coming from a crazy sect where many wishes for the death penalty or incarceration for homosexuals. Or that they are against western civilization, while at the same time you advocate fairy tales view of the world over the sound theories of the sciences.

That stands on its own, to show where you stand. Keep talking.

I pray that you come to know the Lord God in Spirit and Truth so that you become saved. I also pray for your safety.

Selaphiel

PS Thank you also for showing of course like the good lemming liberal you are, you would rather attack me and christianity, than decry islam.

You are proving the premise of the OP clearly.

Wrong again. I attack you as a thoughtless hatemonger, and I attack the twisted form of Christianity known as evangelical fundamentalism. I don't decry Islam as such. I don't agree with them theologically, but that is a far cry from the outright indiscriminate demonization you are advocating. You are bearing false witness about Islam, willfully engaging in thoughtless proof texting of their scriptures without showing any will to understand even the most basic principles of interpretation, completely ignoring the context of what you are citing. Now you have been told, now you cannot blame ignorance, next time it is downright lying.

I pray that you come to know the Lord God in Spirit and Truth so that you become saved. I also pray for your safety.

No, you don't. What you want is for me to conform to your will.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Wrong again. I attack you as a thoughtless hatemonger, and I attack the twisted form of Christianity known as evangelical fundamentalism. I don't decry Islam as such. I don't agree with them theologically, but that is a far cry from the outright indiscriminate demonization you are advocating. You are bearing false witness about Islam, willfully engaging in thoughtless proof texting of their scriptures without showing any will to understand even the most basic principles of interpretation, completely ignoring the context of what you are citing. Now you have been told, now you cannot blame ignorance, next time it is downright lying.

No, you don't. What you want is for me to conform to your will.

No, I want you to know Him in Spirit and Truth.

Thanks for clearing up that you believe Christianity to be hateful and discriminatory, and Islam to be good. Your mind is gone.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
False, isis and other followers of the religion of the sword is who actually follows islam.

The "moderate" islamists are like "liberal christians" they dont follow their holy books.
For their false, hallucinogenic drug induced, child raping, false prophet

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
magical-snap-2013-01-06-14-47-001.png