ECT Is your pastor deceiving you, or is he just ignorant?

heir

TOL Subscriber
You're lost as a goose in a snowstorm. Problem is, because you have a little company you think you know where you are going. The Gospels are the cross upon which any who will ever be saved by faith rest. If you don't get that you might as well use your Bible for kindling or toilet paper for all the good it is doing you.
Nope. It was a mystery and Paul tells us why.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

... and BTW, if I understand the pertinent sticky correctly you should not be posting in the ECT either.
I fit right in here.

Last edited:

fzappa13

I fit right in here.

If by here you mean the little circle where you and your fellow travelers are standing I'm sure you do. If you mean the ECT you are mistaken.

This forum is exclusively for those who consider themselves Christian and consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God.

Notice it doesn't say portions of the writings of Paul ... it says the Bible. By your own admission you have indicated that most of the Bible does not apply to you. Why would you post here in the first place? If you think the cross doesn't apply to you, you have no business here.

Last edited:

ZacharyB

I am a saved, rightly dividing Bible believer!
You're a grace-only and cessationist believer.
These 2 facts define you as being spiritually blind, but not as blind as a non-believer!
So, I guess congratulations are in order.

As for thou, your sister Tottie, and some other femme fatals here:
Hatred is equivalent to murder, and no murderer has eternal life! (ref: the NT)
Suggestion: Repent, and leave your emotions at the door before entering here.

ZacharyB

The majority of my life thus far, has been spent in a Church that preached the Grace Message.
Don't you understand that all kinds of churches preach all kinds of different garbage?
Note the many and various denominations.

Forget the churches ... and embrace the Holy Scriptures!
And allow the precious Holy Spirit to teach you some spiritual Truth.

Side Note:
I once heard a pastor say,
"A pastor may teach 99% truth, but the other 1% can send you to hell."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Don't you understand that all kinds of churches preach all kinds of different garbage?
Note the many and various denominations.

Forget the churches ... and embrace the Holy Scriptures!
And allow the precious Holy Spirit to teach you some spiritual Truth.

Side Note:
I once heard a pastor say,
"A pastor may teach 99% truth, but the other 1% can send you to hell."

Thank you for your 'useless' post. By the way, I read the Scriptures
my nit-wit friend. Not ALL churches preach "garbage." What, did you
take a poll or something?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You're a grace-only and cessationist believer.
These 2 facts define you as being spiritually blind, but not as blind as a non-believer!
So, I guess congratulations are in order.

I see you're one of the "Ignorant ones" around here. Well, good for
you. We need a few more. The entertainment value alone, is worth
the entrance fee.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Notice it doesn't say portions of the writings of Paul ... it says the Bible. By your own admission you have indicated that most of the Bible does not apply to you.
I fit right in here.

The new standard for the "Exclusively Christian Theology" is to allow anyone to post here who considers themselves to be Christian and considers the Bible to be inspired by God.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable...(2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). It means what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It's all written FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV), but it's not ALL written TO us or about us. How many times do you need to see that the Lord in M, M, L and John was not sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24 KJV) as a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers (Romans 15:8 KJV)? How many times do you need to be told that Hebrews is written to Hebrews?

Paul is the chosen vessel of the Lord where we are concerned given the dispensation of the grace of God to us-ward (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV). We hold fast the form of sound words that we have heard of him in Romans through Philemon 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) and follow him in doctrine (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV).

You don't have to like it, but that's how it is.

Why would you post here in the first place? If you think the cross doesn't apply to you, you have no business here.
I think you have a reading comprehension problem. I have never said or even implied that!

heir

TOL Subscriber
You're a grace-only
Romans 11:6 KJV

and cessationist believer.
1 Corinthians 13:8-11 KJV
These two facts define me as a Bible believer.

I'm not defined by who I was in Adam, but who I am in Christ just as all who have trusted the Lord believing Paul's gospel are (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV). I am crucified with Christ (Galatians 2:20 KJV). Are you?

I've been raised up and made to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus as are all who have trusted the Lord believing Paul's gospel are (Ephesians 2:6 KJV). Have you been?

There's nothing that you, me or anyone else can do about my salvation. It's a done deal Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV

That drives you religious, but lost folk crazy as you believe you can wiggle your little finger to aid the Lord in saving yourself, but you can't!

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So, He wasn't sent to you? If you think not then you are probably right.
No!

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

That's not us! We were in time past:

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The why of the cross is that Christ died for your sins.

That's only part of it.

Hebrews 2:10 KJV

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

And the what for of His resurrection was for your justification.

Why stop there?

1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand , and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed ; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Hope, Heir, is not lack of faith.

and still lost

Nope, but through tribulation, patience and experience I'm in a place you've never been.

Like Abraham, hoping against hope.