Is there a true church?

Prizebeatz1

Is it more probable that "No one goes to the father except through me" is about a man or does it refer to the infinite and eternal part of us? Which makes more sense?

glassjester

I would say yes for the most part. But would you say it is more likely that Jesus literally raised a man from the dead or is it more likely the miracle points to reconnecting with the lost child-like part of us and thus renewing our sense of purpose in life for example? Would it be more likely that Jesus was literally born of a virgin or would it be more likely that it points to the unconditional, universal and undivided nature of the soul? Be honest.

No "or." It's "and."

It's both. That's the point.

Myth-made-fact. Word-made-flesh.
The author became a character.
The Creator entered His creation.

Is this impossible for God to do?

Why do you believe the gospels accurately record Jesus' words, but not His actions?

Prizebeatz1

No "or." It's "and."

It's both. That's the point.

Myth-made-fact. Word-made-flesh.
The author became a character.
The Creator entered His creation.

Is this impossible for God to do?

Why do you believe the gospels accurately record Jesus' words, but not His actions?

The literal interpretation does not make sense. Plain and simple. It places us in position to automatically assume we are worthless on an unconscious level. Tell me what you think is the source of a person's self-worth?

Prizebeatz1

You already said that God could enter His own creation.
The gospels claim that He did.

Which part doesn't make sense?

That doesn't follow at all. God loves me... therefore I'm worthless? Come on.

We are led to believe God's love is conditional upon our acceptance of Jesus. Yet God's love is unconditional. Also, self-worth by definition comes from inside the self. What then is the source of that self-worth? This is something that few realize to be an issue. It's a social problem that is actually the root of untold misery throughout human history. The healing of an unconscious lack of self-worth is one of the many personal miracles we experience on the path to the soul. This is necessary for the well-being of humanity.

Prizebeatz1

A man being born from a virgin, the miracles, the resurrection and a man living forever. All of this is symbolism. Taking it literally has caused enough damage to society already. Do you suppose Gid wants us to live without any real self-worth? Do you suppose the substitutes have been working based in the history of humanity? The adversary keeps us convinced that everything is okay, that it is okay to live without genuine self-worth. Then it process to slowly turn up the temperature like a frog in water to the point where we don't even know where we went wrong. Do you think the state of mankind is where it's supposed to be? How and when did we fall so far? All of this war, violence, inequality, economic disparity, madness, suicide, shootings etc is NOT normal.

Prizebeatz1

A man being born from a virgin, the miracles, the resurrection and a man living forever. All of this is symbolism. Taking it literally has caused enough damage to society already. Do you suppose God wants us to live without any real self-worth? Do you suppose the substitutes have been working judging from the history of humanity? The adversary keeps us convinced that everything is okay, that it is okay to live without genuine self-worth. Then it proceeds to slowly turn up the temperature like a frog in water to the point where we don't even know where we went wrong. Do you think the state of mankind is where it's supposed to be? How and when did we fall so far? All of this war, violence, inequality, economic disparity, madness, suicide, shootings etc is NOT normal.

glassjester

I am not debating about God's capabilities.

But that's what it comes down to.

I (and the gospels that you believe) claim that Jesus is God incarnate.

If that part is true, then we're talking about what Jesus could or could not have done, if He is God.

Prizebeatz1

But that's what it comes down to.

I (and the gospels that you believe) claim that Jesus is God incarnate.

If that part is true, then we're talking about what Jesus could or could not have done, if He is God.

I am challenging the literal interpretation and suggesting that the story of Jesus points to our own divinity. We've been missing the point because we think there is something more important than our own soul. That is why we cannot let go of our belief in Jesus which is a substitute for the feeling of infinite and eternal self-worth. It cannot do the job because there's no replacement for the soul. On a subconscious level we think we are worthless without Jesus. That fear is what keeps us hanging on. Fear does not come from God. It comes from the enemy. The harder we try to hang on the more we reinforce the strength of the adversary. Again, the path to the soul requires letting go, not hanging on. Take a minute to feel the intensity with which we resist. THAT is the power of the enemy. The desire to hang on comes from the strength of man, not of God. It needs to be reversed.

glassjester

I am challenging the literal interpretation and suggesting that the story of Jesus points to our own divinity. We've been missing the point because we think there is something more important than our own soul. That is why we cannot let go of our belief in Jesus which is a substitute for the feeling of infinite and eternal self-worth. It cannot do the job because there's no replacement for the soul. On a subconscious level we think we are worthless without Jesus. That fear is what keeps us hanging on. Fear does not come from God. It comes from the enemy. The harder we try to hang on the more we reinforce the strength of the adversary. Again, the path to the soul requires letting go, not hanging on. Take a minute to feel the intensity with which we resist. THAT is the power of the enemy. The desire to hang on comes from the strength of man, not of God. It needs to be reversed.

I think I mostly agree with you.

I think the gospel stories function perfectly as symbols, and I think they function as history. The mythological interpretation does not preclude the literal. It's both.

Remember, God's the author. Think of Him creating the universe as writing a story. We're in His story. And so is He.

Here's what I don't get. You accept that God exists, and that He created the universe (right?), and that He could become incarnate, but...

...wouldn't?
...just didn't want to?
...decided "let's not, and say We did" ?

I don't get the last part.

Prizebeatz1

I think I mostly agree with you.

I think the gospel stories function perfectly as symbols, and I think they function as history. The mythological interpretation does not preclude the literal. It's both.

Remember, God's the author. Think of Him creating the universe as writing a story. We're in His story. And so is He.

Here's what I don't get. You accept that God exists, and that He created the universe (right?), and that He could become incarnate, but...

...wouldn't?
...just didn't want to?
...decided "let's not, and say We did" ?

I don't get the last part.

I don't think God created the universe because that would suggest he had a beginning. I don't think God is separate from creation, the universe, reality or truth. God is omnipresent so there is not a single spot where he cannot be found. This is part of the meaning of the purity of a virgin. The part about God being incarnate is about us. It points to the fact that God is present in us too via the soul. He gave us the soul for a reason. John 3:16 is more likely about God giving us a piece of himself in the form of the soul. We are part of his creation and his spirit is with us. We are inseparable from reality, from creation, from truth, from the universe, from what IS. This can be experienced once we ditch the personality as our identity and turn to what is infinite and eternal to define us.

Prizebeatz1

That's silly talk. God created something that did not exist before.

It's silly talk to those who don't know God because they don't know the soul. "I and the father are one." (John 10:30) "If you have seen me you have seen the father" (I'm too lazy). "No one goes to the Father except through me." I'm telling you it's more real than you can imagine.