Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

Rosenritter

Foolish. It's a false accusation. Did that go over your head? Do you know what a false accusation is?

Do you claim it's better to make a false accusation against someone than to call someone a name?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Why don't you do us a favor and quote the original where I alluded to "feigned ignorance?" Then we shall see how likely this summation was.

glorydaz

When you have the gall to tell a human on this planet that they have no saviour, you are an enemy of the cross. Let's set aside tact, you're working on the side of the devil at that point.

First you tell me the Living God is the Saviour (supporting KR's belief that Jesus is not that God),and then you have the unmitigated gall to bring the cross into it? :rotfl:

Your feigned indignation is a bit much, don't you think?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
All of those figures I mentioned addressed the topic with scriptural means. I am not the only person who has used the Bible to demonstrate the ghost of Samuel was not the prophet Samuel, but a demonic impostor.

Demons cannot tell the future, the Spirit of Samuel provided Gods words as to what would occur. A house divided against itself cannot stand. There is no biblical reason whatever to believe that was not Samuel.

I welcome you to address this on biblical grounds, rather than "I say it is not biblical" anytime. You are free to use any website(s) you choose for research, but know the topic well enough to use your own words. I'm not chasing after a website.

I already did - gave a commentary with biblical support, you just keep claiming it isnt Samuel when it says no such thing.

PS why would you say you arent chasing after a website? I copied the relevant information here, right into 2 posts of mine, are you unable to read my posts?

glorydaz

Why don't you do us a favor and quote the original where I alluded to "feigned ignorance?" Then we shall see how likely this summation was.

It goes without saying (with normal people) that when one says that one is obedient to someone else's commands, that it is the relevant and applicable commands that is meant. If I say that I obey all laws of the nation of Canada, I obviously mean only the ones that apply to me, not the ones that apply to railroad corporations, foreign diplomats, and the like.

Perhaps you have a valid point to make somewhere in all this. How would I be able to tell when you use nonsense like feigned ignorance over something basic over the English meaning of something GT says? I am so tired of seeing bickering back and forth with people chasing ways to attack each other rather than spending a few minutes working together to define what their differences are and to see if there may be common ground and/or resolution.

You had ZERO call to say that to LifeisGood. She made a legitimate statement about GT, and you, in your self-righteous lecturing mode had to make that false accusation against her. It's but the drop in the bucket. And you have the gall to tell others to play nice. Hypocrite.

And then the gall it takes to complain about others "bickering back and forth with people chasing ways to attack each other....." :blabla: :blabla:

Put a curb on it or reap what you sow.

Rosenritter

You are confusing that which tormented Saul, and the "ghost" of Samuel.

They arent the same. One was Samuel in spirit - not a 'ghost' and not a devil.

Those tormenting Saul were devils who needed the same permission from God that those tormenting Job needed.

The confusion from what im seeing, is yours, slow down and read a little more carefully.

I understand what you are saying. You did state your premise, but you did not provide conclusive evidence or support. That's the general problem on this board, lots of "saying" and "claiming" and lack of support.

You are cordially invited to provide the reasons and support for your argument. Let's also proceed on your advice. Let's move slowly, and establish agreement on sub points before running ahead. Would this be acceptable?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I understand what you are saying. You did state your premise, but you did not provide conclusive evidence or support. That's the general problem on this board, lots of "saying" and "claiming" and lack of support.

You are cordially invited to provide the reasons and support for your argument. Let's also proceed on your advice. Let's move slowly, and establish agreement on sub points before running ahead. Would this be acceptable?

I already have and your response here is disingenuous at best, or an outright lie at least - see this post on previous page, and then again a couple pages before that.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...lical-or-not&p=5052168&viewfull=1#post5052168

You also acknowledge my response, and complain that "you arent going searching links" even though the information was copied here clear for anyone to see. (again a sad diversion tactic on your part) you had to search for nothing and youve yet to respond to the informaton as you were asked several pages back the first time i posted it: http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...lical-or-not&p=5052168&viewfull=1#post5052168

and here: http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...lical-or-not&p=5052172&viewfull=1#post5052172

but here it is again with context and the post again (pretend you dont see it all again)

All of those figures I mentioned addressed the topic with scriptural means. I am not the only person who has used the Bible to demonstrate the ghost of Samuel was not the prophet Samuel, but a demonic impostor. I welcome you to address this on biblical grounds, rather than "I say it is not biblical" anytime. You are free to use any website(s) you choose for research, but know the topic well enough to use your own words. I'm not chasing after a website.

Demons cannot tell the future, the Spirit of Samuel provided Gods words as to what would occur. A house divided against itself cannot stand. There is no biblical reason whatever to believe that was not Samuel.

I already did - gave a commentary with biblical support, you just keep claiming it isnt Samuel when it says no such thing.

PS why would you say you arent chasing after a website? I copied the relevant information here, right into 2 posts of mine, are you unable to read my posts?

Whether you are or not, what is written there completely answers your concern - what you are saying isnt biblical - care to take issue with what is written here?
Im not SDA but i agree with this commentary on this issue.

Set aside the phrase “from the Lord” for a second and focus instead on the part of the verse that says, “The spirit of the Lord departed from Saul.” That would be the Holy Spirit, right? The Holy Spirit came upon David and left Saul. When God’s Spirit goes out of a person, the devil’s spirit goes in. Jesus said in Matthew 12:30 that “He that is not with me is against me.” Nobody is neutral. Everyone has varying degrees of either God’s Spirit or the spirit of the enemy. To the same extent that we empty ourselves of self, God can fill us with His Spirit.

When the Bible says that “a spirit from the Lord” troubled Saul, it doesn’t mean that God said, “I’ve got a devil I’m going to give to you.” As evidence, look at the story of Job. When the devil came to the Lord and wanted to plague Job, he couldn’t do anything until after God had withdrawn His protection from him. After God withdrew his protection from Job, He said, “He is in thine hand; but save his life,” (Job 2:6). The next verse in the New King James Version goes on to say, “So Satan went out from the presence of the Lor d, and struck Job with painful boils.”

When the Bible says that an evil spirit came from the Lord, it means that God withdrew His protection from Saul after Saul rejected Him. When God withdrew His protection from Saul, these devils were allowed to bring a depression upon him. The Bible says that “God … will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13 NKJV).

This really means that although God will allow you to be tempted, He’s not doing the tempting. James 1:13 (NKJV) says, “Let no one say when he is tempted, ‘I am tempted by God’; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.” God allows temptation to come in order to strengthen our characters, but He doesn’t send it.

This is pretty clear
As this is now the 4th time its been posted to you, i enlarged it so you can see it.

glorydaz

All one has to do is look through this thread, and they will see the mountains of proof texts that have been shown to you. You reject them.

"Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin
"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in"

Rosenritter

Angel, seriously, it's almost impossible to read what you just re-re-re-posted. Boldface, large font, and quoted means there's twenty characters per line. I'm serious in asking you to present a calm, laid out argument.

What I'm going to do is to take the first text, and stop as soon as there's a problem that needs to be resolved. Here we go:

1. Demons can tell the future. To the extent that they have power, they can say a thing and then make it happen. Apparently we have a disagreement on your statement, so if you wish to use this as support, please provide evidence and/or proof.

2. Yet Satan's house is divided against itself and shall not stand. The angels of God do work together in unity and purpose. Love is binding. Hatred, strife, jealousy, greed, envy... these are the attributes of devils, of a house that does divide against itself.

3. There is plenty of biblical reason to believe the Ghost was not the legitimate Samuel. Witches and those with familiar spirits are known to speak with devils. Saul had departed from the LORD and was not communicating with Saul by any means. Saul, in seeking out a witch, is not going to make God repent of his refusal to speak to Saul. Is God a man, that he should repent? Is he a dog, that should answer the summons of a witch?

Please understand Angel, that simply re-posting what has already been sufficiently answered does not a valid proof make. When you make a statement, you have to allow opportunity for statements to be agreed upon before running on using those statements as if they were accepted proof.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Angel, seriously, it's almost impossible to read what you just re-re-re-posted. Boldface, large font, and quoted means there's twenty characters per line. I'm serious in asking you to present a calm, laid out argument.
It isnt boldface or large font the other 3 times it was posted and you ignored also. We are finished, you arent disingenuous, you are just a liar and there is no point in me wasting any more time, this post of yours copping out for the 4th time now, says it all.

You have no argument - you have no biblical case, so you just sit and lie, instead of hearing the truth.

An honest man will change his thoughts to match the truth, and a dishonest man will change the truth to match his thoughts and you sir, are the latter. Bye bye now.

Rosenritter

It isnt boldface or large font the other 3 times it was posted and you ignored also. We are finished, you arent disingenuous, you are just a liar and there is no point in me wasting any more time, this post of yours copping out for the 4th time now, says it all.

You have no argument - you have no biblical case, so you just sit and lie, instead of hearing the truth.

An honest man will change his thoughts to match the truth, and a dishonest man will change the truth to match his thoughts and you sir, are the latter. Bye bye now.

An honest woman might respond to the three enumerated bible-based points that were laid out in response to what you had written. Was it offensive that I asked you to prove your statements that lacked support?

glorydaz

Why would the devil need to ask Saul to turn from God?

Why would the devil need to ask Saul anything....you claim he already knew Saul was lost and heading to hell.

Hello, G-daz?

Hello, Rosie?

Saul was departed about as far as he could go already.

He wasn't dead yet, was he?

Are you thinking you can write a cool story about this event?
Did you know the Bible already did that?

And of course the devil did nothing to comfort Saul... why would he comfort someone whom he would delight in causing distress and torment?

Had he been a real demon, he would have given Saul false hope, or told him a lie. What? A distress and torment that might cause him to turn to God for mercy? He did neither. He certainly wouldn't have let Saul know that he and his sons would be dead the next day, since that may have caused Saul to repent. Besides which, there is no way a demon could know they would all die.

Have you no common sense to use while you make up these elaborate possibilities?

Do you even read what you're replying to?

Better than you do, apparently.

way 2 go

Do devils always lie, or do they sometimes speak true things?

Mat 8:28-29
(28) And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
(29) And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Luk 8:27-28
(27) And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.
(28) When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.

Act 16:16-18
(16) And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
(17) The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
(18) And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Just because a spirit speaks something which is true or comes true, does not mean that it is a righteous spirit. Devils lie, but not always.

and every time in the passages you listed when it is a demon or devil the bible say it is a demon or devil.

giphy.gif

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I can see that you're anxious to renew your membership status in the false accusation club. For the second time, show me where I have said that I do not believe in a spiritual realm, G-daz? Merely repeating an accusation does not make it accurate.

Or here's a novel idea. If we are talking about what I believe, how about asking me, or listening to what I say that I believe? Remember that "straw man" problem we were talking about? Where you make up a position for someone else that they don't claim, and attack that position instead? Here's another example of that G-daz.

Glorydaz has faith in her own beliefs by which she judges any who disagree with her as being fit for hell.

The Pharisees had the same views as she.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes there is, even your views on where the faithful go upon their death, supports that it was not Samuel himself.

When God will not speak to Saul by the three ways God had put in place to guide men for their good, then it is Gods prerogative to speak of their doom by the means men chose to hear--

1Sa 28:13 And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.
1Sa 28:14 And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.
1Sa 28:15 And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up?

LA

way 2 go

The problem is nothing more than the refusal to believe there is a spiritual realm as well as a physical realm. Just write off all those visions in the Bible and call them optical illusions.

It wasn't really the Lord.
Genesis 15:1 After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.​

Perhaps Rosie thinks the Lord should have said Moses and Elijah were nothing more than a false vision and divination....a thing of nought.
Jeremiah 14:14 Then the Lord said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Spiritual discernment is required to understand spiritual things.

the Spiritually dead in this thread are the annihilationist