Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

Aimiel

That's morally contemptible. If you support such a concept, you need some help.
It is fact. Had Adam and Eve never sinned: they never would have died.

The really important part is: after death comes judgment. The Judge of the Universe will decide the fate of every soul: whether they will receive eternal life or eternal torment.

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Jesus said that every word would be accounted for:

Matthew 12:36
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

No one will have one single word to say in their own defense on Judgment Day. What they said will be called into account. Their own words will judge them.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Ive told you before its not about being 'good' its about receiving His will and trusting in Him/ His ways, one who received His will for their life isnt going to be raping and murdering.

Tell me also how you know when you will die, to have time to later "apologize" and why you think God would not know the difference between between a sincere repentant heart and one that wasnt?

If you're facing eternal torment, I'm pretty sure it'd be sincere.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That's morally contemptible. If you support such a concept, you need some help.

So its morally contemptible, when we see children born to drug addicts?

Its it fair? No, but it is it real anyway and not a concept, yes.

Does one have to 'support' something they know to be true to know its true? No.

I can no more support a hurricane happening or unsupport it, to know its happening or do anything about it happening.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
So its morally contemptible, when we see children born to drug addicts?

Its it fair? No, but it is it real anyway and not a concept, yes.

Does one have to 'support' something they know to be true to know its true? No.

I can no more support a hurricane happening or unsupport it, to know its happening or do anything about it happening.

I don't think that is morally contemptible.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
a bold statement

however....

you have nothing on which to base your judgement of what is moral

Sure I do. You can criticise my morality as being inferior but to deny its existence...? Even if I said it feels wrong in my heart, your position gives me that ability.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Sure I do. You can criticise my morality as being inferior but to deny its existence...? Even if I said it feels wrong in my heart, your position gives me that ability.

i don't deny its existence, i deny its validity

based on your feelings, its no more valid than idi amin's

rstrats

Aimiel,

re: "It is fact. Had Adam and Eve never sinned: they never would have died."

I wonder what the result would have been if right after they sinned, and before they were run out of the garden, they ate from the tree of life?

God's Truth

Ive told you before its not about being 'good' its about receiving His will and trusting in Him/ His ways, one who received His will for their life isnt going to be raping and murdering.

Tell me also how you know when you will die, to have time to later "apologize" and why you think God would not know the difference between between a sincere repentant heart and one that wasnt?

It is about being good. It is about being light in the Lord.

Your doctrine is a contradictory twisted nonsense. You say we do not have to be good that we will be good. No, not everyone who says they believe is good.

Who but the devil would be behind so-called believers speaking against those who say to obey Jesus?

God's Truth

And the rest of John 3:16?

Of course, there are scriptures that show us we have to believe. All the scriptures that tell us to believe---they do not nullify the scriptures that say obey.

You tried to nullify the scriptures I gave that tells us we have to obey. You tried to nullify those scriptures with the scripture that said to believe.

We have to believe and obey.

Faith without obedience is DEAD FAITH.

Living faith is faith with obedience.

See James 2:14, 2:17, 2:22.

That scripture says God so loved the world.

God love 'us' is in general.

God does not even know you unless you love Him, and we love God by obeying.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God.

1 John 5:3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Christ did not die so that we do not have to be good.

Why do you think that Jesus died for us?

To save us from our sin because there is none good but God and most of all because He loves us and does not want us to perish, He seeks people to fellowship with and worship Him who will do so in Spirit and Truth.

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.

Luke 5:32 "I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance."

Romans 3:9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.

10 As it is written:

“There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.

12 They have all turned aside;
They have together become unprofitable;
There is none who does good, no, not one.”

13 “Their throat is an open tomb;
With their tongues they have practiced deceit”;
“The poison of asps is under their lips”;

14 “Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.”

15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;

17 And the way of peace they have not known.”

18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Now, tell me about how good you are, while you tell lies. You demonstrate daily your need for the Savior. You couldnt keep the law even one day.

God's Truth

To save us from our sin because there is none good but God and most of all because He loves us and does not want us to perish, He seeks people to fellowship with and worship Him who will do so in Spirit and Truth.

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.
That scripture is about any good in anyone is of God.

Luke 5:32 "I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance."
ALL are sinners. That scripture is about how WE HAVE TO admit we are sinners and repent of our sins to before Jesus saves us.

Romans 3:9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.

10 As it is written:

“There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.

12 They have all turned aside;
They have together become unprofitable;
There is none who does good, no, not one.”

13 “Their throat is an open tomb;
With their tongues they have practiced deceit”;
“The poison of asps is under their lips”;

14 “Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.”

15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;

17 And the way of peace they have not known.”

18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Now, tell me about how good you are, while you tell lies. You demonstrate daily your need for the Savior. You couldnt keep the law even one day.

Many people kept the law.

You are one confused person. You said we do not have to worry about sins.

You have not explained why Jesus died for us.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That scripture is about any good in anyone is of God.

ALL are sinners. That scripture is about how WE HAVE TO admit we are sinners and repent of our sins to before Jesus saves us.

Many people kept the law.

You are one confused person. You said we do not have to worry about sins.

You have not explained why Jesus died for us.

No they didnt, if they could, He would never have come, the entire reason for the law is to condemn us, show us our ways are not His way and is to show our need for a Savior.

There are none who are righteous, not not one. The only one who ever kept the law without failing in any point is Christ.

You are not qualified to teach the scriptures, you apparently ignore most of them and create your own works salvation.

Good luck finding a cult following.

God's Truth

No they didnt, if they could,

Jesus says, “Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord's commands and decrees blamelessly."

You say no one could obey the law.

I will believe Jesus and not you.

He would never have come, the entire reason for the law is to condemn us, show us our ways are not His way and is to show our need for a Savior.

What scripture says the law was to show us we needed a Savior?

There are none who are righteous, not not one. The only one who ever kept the law without failing in any point is Christ.
Paul is quoting the Old Testament that says there is no one who is righteous AND NEVER SINNED.

You are not qualified to teach the scriptures, you apparently ignore most of them and create your own works salvation.

Good luck finding a cult following.

I prove easily that you do not know the scriptures.

So far, in this post alone, you said no one could obey God. I gave you scripture where Jesus himself said that Zachariah and Elizabeth did.

You also did not know that Paul was quoting Ecclesiastes.

You also say the law was made to show us we needed a Savior. Do you have a scripture that says that?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God's Truth proves to be an enemy of faith that saves, and is a wicked spirit allowed to be on this site.
May all the children of God be warned against the lies and perversions of scripture this ungodly person continuously vomits forth!