Theology Club: Is MAD doctrine correct?

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is simply not the most readable, accurate translation and you are contradicting the leading of the Spirit in church history and promoting a divisive view that undermines the trustworthiness of Scripture, not enhances it.
What is? Where is the "His Word" that you say God gave? Why won't you identify this inspired "Scripture without error". Come on, rulz. You said those things now where is it? Where can we find it?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
What is? Where is the "His Word" that you say God gave? Why won't you identify this inspired "Scripture without error". Come on, rulz. You said those things now where is it? Where can we find it?

Wrong assumptions lead to wrong conclusions. The problems with KJV show that it is not what you think it is. God did not promise to inspire a newer English version as infallible. The original autographs were uniquely inspired and accurately reflected in the wealth of manuscript evidence and credible translations.

Jesus quoted the imperfect LXX translation and called it the Word of God. He was not KJVO!

You want simplistic answers to more complex issues.

You are parroting standard KJVO logical fallacies and vapid arguments. I have answered like almost all evangelicals would, but you don't like the answer. You prefer myth over evidence-based views. This is not honouring God, the Word of God, the people of God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wrong assumptions lead to wrong conclusions. The problems with KJV show that it is not what you think it is. God did not promise to inspire a newer English version as infallible. The original autographs were uniquely inspired and accurately reflected in the wealth of manuscript evidence and credible translations.

Jesus quoted the imperfect LXX translation and called it the Word of God. He was not KJVO!

You want simplistic answers to more complex issues.

You are parroting standard KJVO logical fallacies and vapid arguments. I have answered like almost all evangelicals would, but you don't like the answer. You prefer myth over evidence-based views. This is not honouring God, the Word of God, the people of God.

You still did not answer the question.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
So did the enemies of Christ, but they were wrong.

Your illogical thinking means Paul must have been wrong and God cannot raise up great defenders and proclaimers of truth. Your anti-intellectualism leads to gullibility in embracing error.
Jesus was also not a dummy.

One can be smart and wrong or simple and right or smart and right or simple and wrong. You wrongly assume there is only 2 vs 4 possibilities.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
He knows he didn't, but he's trying to make it look like he has.

How can I be any more clear. The problem is that in your narrow mind, the only possible answer is that KJV alone=Word of God alone. This is a false assumption/conclusion, so other more credible answers are possible (and I gave it).

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How can I be any more clear. The problem is that in your narrow mind, the only possible answer is that KJV alone=Word of God alone. This is a false assumption/conclusion, so other more credible answers are possible (and I gave it).

Why not use the KJV to answer those who use that version. Would it not make things a lot simpler?

heir

TOL Subscriber

So then tell us where this "infallible word of God" that you say exists, is! I'm still waiting for you to identify it and where I can get mine!

SaulToPaul 2

Your illogical thinking means Paul must have been wrong and God cannot raise up great defenders and proclaimers of truth. Your anti-intellectualism leads to gullibility in embracing error.
Jesus was also not a dummy.

One can be smart and wrong or simple and right or smart and right or simple and wrong. You wrongly assume there is only 2 vs 4 possibilities.

Who is your guru?

SaulToPaul 2

So then tell us where this "infallible word of God" that you say exists, is! I'm still waiting for you to identify it and where I can get mine!

Bits and pieces are scattered all over the world. If you desperately need to know what the LORD has said about something, grab your ESV and be 85% confident it's right.

After all, a little leaven doesn't leaven the whole lump.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Why not use the KJV to answer those who use that version. Would it not make things a lot simpler?

I guess if I was talking to a Mormon, I would use KJV. Talking to an evangelical should not limit me to a less readable, less accurate version. Regardless of the version, there is still benefit from original language research such as KJV translators themselves did in a non-supernatural way (no dictation theory, but hard work).

godrulz

Hall of Fame

There is no infallible TRANSLATION. Get over it. You are asking the wrong questions.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Bits and pieces are scattered all over the world. If you desperately need to know what the LORD has said about something, grab your ESV and be 85% confident it's right.

After all, a little leaven doesn't leaven the whole lump.

Straw man caricature of inspiration, transmission, translation.