Theology Club: Is MAD doctrine correct?

Jerry Shugart

Then you are a liar or retarded.

You said nothing about the letter which Paul wrote to the Hebrews. Or perhaps you do not believe what Peter said here?:

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you" (2 Pet.3:15).​

The author of Hebrews is explicit that he learned it from those who saw him.

That is not what is said here:

"how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him" (Heb.2:3).​

The Lord Jesus' words concerning salvation were confirmed by those who actually heard Him and passed on to the author of the book of Hebrews.

You are putting words into the mouth of the author of the book of Hebrews which he never said.

Jerry Shugart

Nope.
He was sent to the Gentiles.

Here the Lord makes it plain that Paul's ministry was to include both the Gentiles and the Jews:

"But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel" (Acts 9:15).​

Here is an example of Paul doing that very thing:

"Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures" (Acts 17:1-2).​

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope.
He was sent to the Gentiles.
He said this here

For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (*Romans‬ *1‬:*16‬ ASV)

:plain:

heir

TOL Subscriber
What about those who are born of God when they believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?
You should know better than to bring in 1 John . I was talking Body of Christ truth.

What about those who are born of God when they believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?

You mean the ones that know Him IF (BIG IF!)...

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Jerry Shugart

You should know better than to bring in 1 John . I was talking Body of Christ truth.

You have given absolutely no proof that those who received John's first epistle were not members of the Body of Christ.

That idea was not a part of the original teaching within MAD. J.C. O'Hair wanted nothing to do with the idea that the original Apostles are not for this age, as witnessed by his words here:

"Peter and James and ten other apostles are going to sit on twelve thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Israel. (Matthew 19:27 and 28). But I do not agree with Christians who say that the twelve apostles were not members of the Body of Christ...I make no such foolish statement...that these Epistles of Peter and James are not for this age...I use 1 Peter 3:18 in preaching the gospel of grace as frequently as I use any other verse" [emphasis mine] (O'Hair, The Accuser of the Brethren and the Brethren Concerning Bullingerism).​

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Here the Lord makes it plain that Paul's ministry was to include both the Gentiles and the Jews:

"But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel" (Acts 9:15).​

"Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures" (Acts 17:1-2).​

Heheheee! Jerry. I love you man

But when it was the good pleasure of God, who separated me, even from my mother's womb, and called me through his grace, to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the Gentiles; straightway I conferred not with flesh and blood: neither went I up to Jerusalem to them that were apostles before me: but I went away into Arabia; and again I returned unto Damascus

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Obviously Jesus told Paul the Gentiles were his calling. Paul forgets about going back to Jerusalem and immediately responds to the Lord's command, he does not delay, he begins reaching Gentiles.

Jerry Shugart

Obviously Jesus told Paul the Gentiles were his calling. Paul forgets about going back to Jerusalem and immediately responds to the Lord's command, he does not delay, he begins reaching Gentiles.

Paul's very first ministry was to the Jews:

"And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus. And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God" (Acts 9:19-20).​

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

"And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus. And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God" (Acts 9:19-20).​

I don't think you want to deal with this honestly.
Too bad.

You're good elsewhere tho bro

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

He knew before JS showed him. There is always an ulterior motive when shown and somebody doesn't say....I get it now, I see it.

Jerry Shugart

Nope.
I dealt with it already. You ignored my post.

Here is your initial post on this subject:

Paul was not sent to the Hebrews bro

But when I showed you that he was you had no answer which made any sense. Here is the verse which I quoted which proves that Paul was sent to the Hebrews:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Here is your initial post on this subject:

But when I showed you that he was you had no answer which made any sense. Here is the verse which I quoted which proves that Paul was sent to the Hebrews:

Romans 1
Keep looking, you ignored that post

Jerry Shugart

Romans 1
Keep looking, you ignored that post

Nothing changes the fact that when you said the following you were in error:

The words here proves that once again you prove that you are thoroughly confused:

If you cannot see that your initial assertion is in error then there is nothing further that I can say. Even though the Lord said that Paul was to bear his name before the children of Israel you just deny that fact by what you say here:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Nothing changes the fact that when you said the following you were in error:

The words here proves that once again you prove that you are thoroughly confused:

If you cannot see that your initial assertion is in error then there is nothing further that I can say. Even though the Lord said that Paul was to bear his name before the children of Israel you just deny that fact by what you say here:

Delicious :)

heir

TOL Subscriber
You have given absolutely no proof that those who received John's first epistle were not members of the Body of Christ.
1 John 1:9 KJV VS. Colossians 2:13 KJV
1 John 2:20 KJV, 27 VS. Ephesians 4:11-16 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

That idea was not a part of the original teaching within MAD. J.C. O'Hair wanted nothing to do with the idea that the original Apostles are not for this age, as witnessed by his words here
Who cares?

Jerry Shugart

1 John 1:9 KJV VS. Colossians 2:13 KJV

What happened to those in the Body of Christ who did not judge themselves in regard to their sins?:

"For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world" (1 Cor.11:31032).​

Of course the chastening spoken of there refers to our sins. But if we confess our sins (judge ourselves) then will will not be chastened for our sins.

1 John 2:20 KJV, 27 VS. Ephesians 4:11-16 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

You overlook what those in the Body are told here:

"But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ" (1 Cor.2:15-16).​

Those who received the Jewish epistles were waiting for the rapture and only those in the Body of Christ will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air:

"Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 Jn.3:2).​

Those words of John speak of the "appearance" of the Lord Jesus and at that time he says that "we shall be like Him." That is the same "appearance" which Paul refers to here:

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:4).​

Those in the Body of Christ will "appear with Him in glory" because they will put on a new, glorious body just like the Lord's glorious body:

"For our citizenship is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our lowly body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself" (Phil.3:20-21).​

In the following passage from another Hebrew epistle Peter is speaking of the exact same thing:

"The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed...And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away" (1 Pet.5:1,4).​