IS M.A.D. DOCTRINE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Use it with water.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Do you have a point to make? I realize you know how to "Cut and Paste." You need not keep trying to prove it.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Use it with water.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

One of the greatest aspects to understanding Mid-Acts Dispensationalism is that what everyone seems to think is a problem text for us is, in fact, a proof text!

I struggle a lot with trying to understand how people cannot see it. They're so blind to it that they think that I'm lying when I make the claim that the text they cite as a counter text is just the opposite. And you cannot make them see it, no matter how hard you try.

Here goes nothin'....

If there was no distinction as you claim, Paul would have never been at the Jerusalem council to begin with because there wouldn't have been a Jerusalem council! In fact, there would have been no Apostle Paul, for that matter! You just did the equivalent of denying the existence of light by pointing out a color. It's called a stolen concept fallacy, if you're interested.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It doesn't say why or how. Is water baptism required of us? What if I "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ" and refuse water baptism as being to me, a member of the one Body? Am I being disobedient?

Yes.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here goes nothin'....

If there was no distinction as you claim, Paul would have never been at the Jerusalem council to begin with because there wouldn't have been a Jerusalem council! In fact, there would have been no Apostle Paul, for that matter!Resting in Him,
Clete

Please explain what you are saying.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Those Scriptures are pertaining to the House of Israel not the Body of Christ/Gentiles. Learn to "Rightly Divide" the word. Your braggadocio is useless here.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Those Scriptures are pertaining to the House of Israel not the Body of Christ/Gentiles. Learn to "Rightly Divide" the word. Your braggadocio is useless here.

I will show you again--

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I will show you again--

The Same explanation I just used, applies here, as well.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Google, what John the Baptist had to say about his water baptism compared to the ONE who would baptize with the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit baptizing people in the context of the NT in no way negates water baptism which symbolizes death, burial, and resurrection.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Holy Spirit baptizing people in the context of the NT in no way negates water baptism which symbolizes death, burial, and resurrection.

It is also a public confession of ones joining the great multitude of Christians and not a cult by refusing.

LA

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Please explain what you are saying.

LA
Where's the need for Paul to go to Jerusalem to explain to the Twelve "his gospel" if it was identical to theirs?

Where's the need for Paul's ministry to exist in the first place if "his gospel" was identical to that preached by Jesus and the Twelve?

The fact that the Jerusalem council occurred at all is proof that Paul's gospel was, in fact, distinct from that which had come before, which not only explains why Paul repeatedly calls it "my gospel" and why he didn't confer with the Twelve and why he received "his gospel" by direct divine revelation and why Paul had to get into Peter's face concerning the gospel and why there was all this contention over the issue of circumcision and etc, etc, etc, etc!

Resting in Him,
Clete

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Where's the need for Paul to go to Jerusalem to explain to the Twelve "his gospel" if it was identical to theirs?

Where's the need for Paul's ministry to exist in the first place if "his gospel" was identical to that preached by Jesus and the Twelve?

The fact that the Jerusalem council occurred at all is proof that Paul's gospel was, in fact, distinct from that which had come before, which not only explains why Paul repeatedly calls it "my gospel" and why he didn't confer with the Twelve and why he received "his gospel" by direct divine revelation and why Paul had to get into Peter's face concerning the gospel and why there was all this contention over the issue of circumcision and etc, etc, etc, etc!

Resting in Him,
Clete

Excellent.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What scripture?

I told you already, you've already chosen what you want to believe. So, stick with that. I don't have the power or ability to set you on the right course, only the work of the Holy Spirit's presence can do that. Don't depend totally on human opinion and teaching. Pray that the Lord will show you the right path to take concerning what to believe. I heard the Gospel and responded in 1962 at twelve years old. I didn't accept the MAD Doctrine until several years later. You can't place a timeline on truth and the acceptance or denial of it. Believe what you will. We all have to make that choice in life. GM...

Status
Not open for further replies.