IS M.A.D. DOCTRINE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If that were true then Paul would have been disobedient when he thanked God that he baptized only these (1 Corinthians 1:14 KJV)! Also, Paul would not have beseeched us to walk worthy of the vocation wherewith we are called endevouring to keep the unity of the Spirit which includes, but one baptism (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV)! Water baptism has no place today.

Amen.

SimpleMan77

If that were true then Paul would have been disobedient when he thanked God that he baptized only these (1 Corinthians 1:14 KJV)! Also, Paul would not have beseeched us to walk worthy of the vocation wherewith we are called endevouring to keep the unity of the Spirit which includes, but one baptism (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV)! Water baptism has no place today.

I'm assuming you honestly misunderstand that passage. Paul didn't say "I'm thankful you weren't baptized", he said I'm thankful it wasn't me that did it. Paul was trying to get these carnal Christians (who had formed these Preacher Fan Clubs) to get their eyes off of the carnal. He was obviously talking to baptized Christians.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

heir

TOL Subscriber
Because I am a simple man, and believe that scripture should be made plain (simple), I'll give a simple answer, and that is yes.

MAD is partly correct when they note the transition in the what the Gentiles are required to do vs the Jews at the beginning of the book of Acts compared to the end. However, that is a process, not an event, and it had more to do with the prejudices of the Jewish believers than anything. Peter wouldn't eat with Gentiles at the start of the book, but God took that part of the law away from him before Paul was preaching to the Gentiles. God gradually took the Jews into His perfect plan, one event at the time. By the end of the book of Acts, around the time Peter is writing his epistle, Paul is still baptizing people, and Peter is opening his second epistle talking about Saving Faith through the righteousness of God.

The danger of MAD is that it destroys parts of the teachings of Jesus that we are still required to obey.

There were hundreds of thousands of conversions in Acts, but only 4 or 5 are really given in detail. They are

1. Jews (Acts 2)
nothing to do with the BoC
2. Samaritan (mixed-breed Jews, Acts 8)
3. Gentiles (Acts 10)
4. Immature believers (Acts 19 - immature in the sense of still living under an outdated message, the baptism of John).
That's Acts 18, is an example of Apollos, an eloquent man, mighty in the scriptures, instructed in the way of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John in need of an expounding of the word of God more perfectly (Acts 18:24-28 KJV). It has nothing to do with him or anyone else being in need of water baptism for "obedience".

SimpleMan77

That's Acts 18, is an example of Apollos, an eloquent man, mighty in the scriptures, instructed in the way of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John in need of an expounding of the word of God more perfectly (Acts 18:24-28 KJV). It has nothing to do with him or anyone else being in need of water baptism for "obedience".

Where did it say Apollos wasn't re baptized, and if Paul instructed the 12 in Acts 19 to be, can we say that at least there is a good possibility that Apollos was?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

heir

TOL Subscriber
He was obviously talking to baptized Christians.
Paul was speaking to a mixed bag of believers in Corinth: some who had been saved by Paul's gospel declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, some of the church of God (1 Corinthians 1:2 KJV), some who believe not in the resurrection of the dead (1 Corinthians 15:12 KJV), and even one like Apollos knowing only the baptism of John (Acts 18:25 KJV) having never before heard Paul's gospel until the word of God was expounded unto him more perfectly (Acts 18:24-28 KJV)!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
My question to any who wish to share (Nicely if possible) is, do you believe MAD Doctrine, in any way leads to eternal life? Personally, I don't believe it does. However, it is invaluable regarding the understanding of the Written Word of God. (The Bible.)[/I]
There is no way one could believe in Mid-Acts Dispensationalism and not believe the gospel. The reverse, however, is very possible. One could easily understand and believe the gospel (i.e. that they are a sinner and that God became a man named Jesus so that He could give His life in payment of your sin debt and that Jesus not only died for sin but He also rose from the dead on the third day according to the scripture) without any understanding at all of any sort of dispensationalism, much less the Mid-Acts version of it.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There is no way one could believe in Mid-Acts Dispensationalism and not believe the gospel. The reverse, however, is very possible. One could easily understand and believe the gospel (i.e. that they are a sinner and that God became a man named Jesus so that He could give His life in payment of your sin debt and that Jesus not only died for sin but He also rose from the dead on the third day according to the scripture) without any understanding at all of any sort of dispensationalism, much less the Mid-Acts version of it.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Good post Clete.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I would also say, by the way, that one cannot be saved apart from the gospel that Paul preached, that is the Gospel of the Grace of God which Paul neither received from man, nor was he taught it, but it came to him through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The gospel that saves is taught nowhere in the bible outside the Pauline epistles.

But you don't have to have a clue that this is so in order to be saved by Paul's gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm truly thankful to God that He led me to the knowledge of M.A.D. Doctrine. It helped me immensely to have a fuller knowledge of the divisions in the Bible. It is an invaluable tool and opens up a vast area of understanding and wisdom.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I would also say, by the way, that one cannot be saved apart from the gospel that Paul preached, that is the Gospel of the Grace of God which Paul neither received from man, nor was he taught it, but it came to him through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The gospel that saves is taught nowhere in the bible outside the Pauline epistles.

But you don't have to have a clue that this is so in order to be saved by Paul's gospel.

Well said.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We live in what Paul called/calls "The Dispensation of the Grace of God." Both Jew and Gentile are under Paul's Gospel today. All who hear the Gospel and place all their faith in Christ are, sealed, indwelt, and baptized (not by water) into The Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit. If one desires faith they'll find it according to this Scripture verse: Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When I was 12 years old in 1962, I came to my Mom and asked her if we were going to Hell? She answered (not being a Christian at the time) "Probably?" A few weeks later our family moved and my Sister befriended a neighbor Girl whose Father was an assistant Pastor at a Non-Denominational, Christ centered, Bible believing Church. My family heard the Gospel (Paul's Gospel) and placed our faith in Christ as our Savior. That encounter came from a simple "Child-like" question: "Are we going to Hell?" God made sure I received the answer my Mom didn't have at the time it was asked.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
See what I mean? Talking to you is like talking to a bar of soap.

Use it with water.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

All others before and after Paul have to know the gospel through revelation of Jesus Christ in order to be saved.

If not, then all you have is your own opinions.

Be like Peter--

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Ask the Father in Heaven instead of reading MAD books.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
All others before and after Paul have to know the gospel through revelation of Jesus Christ in order to be saved.

If not, then all you have is your own opinions.

Be like Peter--

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Ask the Father in Heaven instead of reading MAD books.

LA

The "MAD Doctrine" is within the Bible itself. There's no other book that one needs to pay any attention to, so far as MAD Doctrine is concerned. Once again, LA is way off in left field.

Status
Not open for further replies.