ECT If MAD does not believe this then why do they not deny it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Of, By, With, all mean the same baptism.

There is only one baptism of the Holy Spirit for all believers to receive throughout the book of Acts.

LA
Acts 1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

Acts 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

Acts 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Acts 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

There's two baptisms right there. Can you tell me who the baptizer would be that would baptize them not many days hence as promised?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
My information has come from John W , Saul to Paul, Musterion, Nick M, etc.over some years of them saying what they believe.
Okay fine. I don't know any of them well enough to say what they believe and what they don't. I will say that what you presented in the opening post is not Mid-Acts Dispensationalism and you really aught, for your own sake, stop presenting it as anything other than what those three or four guys believe.

Mid Acts doctrine is a straightout lie, taught throughout Christendom to avoid the true Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
This was a stupid thing for you to say.

All you do with such baseless comments is undermine your own credibility. Have you ever even bothered to read a single book on the topic? I can assure you that putting forth an effort to "avoid the true Baptism of the Holy Spirit" is the furthest thing from the minds of any author I've read on the topic.

The Christians of today who have truly been baptized with the Holy Spirit, are the Bride of Christ and the descendants of Abraham through faith in Christ regardless of what flesh they are.
This comment is clearly loaded with meaning that isn't apparent by having simply read it and so I won't give a full endorsement because there's too many things you could mean by it but I will fully agree with the "regardless of what flesh they are" portion of your comment. In the Dispensation of Grace, your nationality is irrelevant.

and the children of Israel (not indentified by their flesh) who will enter the millennium mortally come from the Bride of Christ who is their mother. Isaiah ch 49.
I entirely disagree with you here. I am not a Jew. The promises made to Israel were not commuted to me when Israel was cut off. Paul clearly states that God will turn again to Israel and when He does, all of the rest of Israel's prophesies will be fulfilled.

You have to ignore the corrective teachings of Christ and the Apostles to think you are correct.
I don't have to ignore anything. All I have to do is understand the context of what is being read. Who wrote it and who it was written too and for what reason. Questions that can be answered in a very objective, systematic and logically coherent way that has nothing to do with attempting to avoid someone else's pet doctrine.

Christ never leaves the Heavenly Jerusalem He ascended to and is now reigning from---

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

LA

Proof-texting will yield you nothing. My doctrine has no problem texts.

The book of Revelation was written by a Kingdom believer, that is a Jew, saved under the Dispensation of Law. He wrote that book to Jews saved under the same Dispensation. The book is full of amazing and important information about God and what He plans to do in the future but it is not speaking about me nor any other member of the Body of Christ. If anything, the passage you cite argues for my position not yours concerning Israel being the Bride of Christ.

That last paragraph should not be taken as an invitation to begin a debate on the topic, by the way. It was just a very brief example of what I meant when I said I have no problem texts. Context is EVERYTHING. If you ignore who's mail your reading and start to think it was all written to/about you, it won't be long before you're very confused. The point being that you aren't going to convince me by proof-texting. You'll have to approach it from a more fundamental standpoint than that. An approach you won't even understand how to acknowledge if you don't bother to educate yourself on what Mid-Acts Dispensationalism teaches and why it teaches it. You, at the very least, aught to start by asking questions, not making baseless claims that make it sound like Mid-Acts Dispensationalists are all demons disguised as human beings trying to thwart the baptism of the Holy Spirit doctrine.

Resting in Him,
Clete

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Holy Ghost ?
Jesus was their baptizer

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Matthew 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Notice too, that there is a third baptism in that verse! LA says there has only ever been one!

And NONE of the baptisms above are the baptism whereby we are baptized nor by Whom we were baptized!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Heir,

I'm trying to get a handle on what your position is on this topic. What do you make of the following verse...

Eph. 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.​

heir

TOL Subscriber
Heir,

I'm trying to get a handle on what your position is on this topic. What do you make of the following verse...

Eph. 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.​
Hi Clete,

There are many baptisms in the Bible, but there is only ONE baptism today and it is BY ONE SPIRIT into ONE BODY (not "of the Holy Ghost" and not by man into water).

1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

When one trusts the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) they are baptized by one Spirit in to one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV).

It is a baptism (identification) into Christ's death,

Romans 6:3-5 KJV Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

It's a Spirit baptism into Christ,

Galatians 3:27 KJV For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

It is that one baptism of Ephesians 4 that we are to endevour to keep.

Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay fine. I don't know any of them well enough to say what they believe and what they don't. I will say that what you presented in the opening post is not Mid-Acts Dispensationalism and you really aught, for your own sake, stop presenting it as anything other than what those three or four guys believe.

Ask them.

This was a stupid thing for you to say.

All you do with such baseless comments is undermine your own credibility. Have you ever even bothered to read a single book on the topic? I can assure you that putting forth an effort to "avoid the true Baptism of the Holy Spirit" is the furthest thing from the minds of any author I've read on the topic.

They would not admit it. The nature of man is to justify their not giving their whole heart to God.

This comment is clearly loaded with meaning that isn't apparent by having simply read it and so I won't give a full endorsement because there's too many things you could mean by it but I will fully agree with the "regardless of what flesh they are" portion of your comment. In the Dispensation of Grace, your nationality is irrelevant.

Do you really believe God will change back His dealings with Man to what they were before? and thus deny the work of Christ?

I entirely disagree with you here. I am not a Jew. The promises made to Israel were not commuted to me when Israel was cut off. Paul clearly states that God will turn again to Israel and when He does, all of the rest of Israel's prophesies will be fulfilled.

The Bride of Christ is the mother of the endtime Israel of God, where the Israel of God is the continuation of the new covenant began 2000 years ago.

I don't have to ignore anything. All I have to do is understand the context of what is being read. Who wrote it and who it was written too and for what reason. Questions that can be answered in a very objective, systematic and logically coherent way that has nothing to do with attempting to avoid someone else's pet doctrine.

You are all talk.

Proof-texting will yield you nothing. My doctrine has no problem texts.

If you claim the Bride of Christ consists only of Jews or Israel of the flesh then you have big problems.

What was Paul trying to do?

2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

MAD doctrine is taught by the following---

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

The book of Revelation was written by a Kingdom believer, that is a Jew, saved under the Dispensation of Law. He wrote that book to Jews saved under the same Dispensation. The book is full of amazing and important information about God and what He plans to do in the future but it is not speaking about me nor any other member of the Body of Christ. If anything, the passage you cite argues for my position not yours concerning Israel being the Bride of Christ.

For you to believe John was saved under the dispensation of the law, is to say Jesus was a minister of the law.

Nothing much could be more corrupt than that.

That last paragraph should not be taken as an invitation to begin a debate on the topic, by the way. It was just a very brief example of what I meant when I said I have no problem texts. Context is EVERYTHING. If you ignore who's mail your reading and start to think it was all written to/about you, it won't be long before you're very confused. The point being that you aren't going to convince me by proof-texting. You'll have to approach it from a more fundamental standpoint than that. An approach you won't even understand how to acknowledge if you don't bother to educate yourself on what Mid-Acts Dispensationalism teaches and why it teaches it. You, at the very least, aught to start by asking questions, not making baseless claims that make it sound like Mid-Acts Dispensationalists are all demons disguised as human beings trying to thwart the baptism of the Holy Spirit doctrine.

Try answering with facts instead of opinion and I might begin to think you have some truth in your posts.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Heir,

I had stated--

Of, By, With, all mean the same baptism.

There is only one baptism of the Holy Spirit for all believers to receive throughout the book of Acts.

LA

The other baptism is the baptism in water, which all recipients of the Holy Spirit went through.

You reject it.

Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

LA

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Heir,

I had stated--

The other baptism is the baptism in water, which all recipients of the Holy Spirit went through.

You reject it.

Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

LA

Dear LA,

Hi!! It's been a while!! How are you doing these days? I must admit to you and heir that I have been baptized twice by Jesus sending upon me the Holy Ghost!! It was awesome and is an experience separate from any that you realize, I think. When it happens, your whole body gets rushed into by Spirit and it is exhilarating and heavily tingling, and tells you secrets in an instant that would normally take hours. It is awesome and wonderful, and Great!! I can see why Jesus would say, do not blaspheme the Holy Ghost. It is precious and such an excellent thing to experience. The Holy Spirit told me that Cat Stevens was the rough goat mentioned of in Daniel 8:21, the king of Grecia, and that his songs were touched by the Lord. Like Peace Train: "Get your bags together; Go, bring your good friends, too. 'Cause it's getting nearer. It soon will be with you. Now come, and join the living. It's not so far from you. And it's getting nearer. Soon it will ALL be TRUE!!" The song talks about the second coming of Christ. So do the rest of the lyrics. Anyway, I was filled with the Holy Ghost during that time that I was playing the song on my guitar and singing into the microphone, and the Holy Spirit rushed into my body, into my left ear and down into my whole body and my head. It was awesome.

Anyway, I'm just telling you that many of you who think you've been visited by the Holy Spirit are mixing it up with having the spirit of God within your body, which every man has, or he wouldn't be alive on Earth. Having God's spirit in your soul/body keeps you alive. But the Holy Ghost/Spirit is WAY DIFFERENT than that. Any way, I was visited by the Holy Ghost one other time besides that!! That was about the song 'Stairway to Heaven.' I must tell you that I was filled with the Holy Ghost twice before ever being baptized in water. I was finally baptized in water a few years ago, 35-40 years after the first time I was baptized by the Holy Spirit. So now, I am ready and all set to go. I hope this helps you out. I know very little of MAD, and don't really care to know, but I'm in a good place already, so it's fine with me. Abraham and Moses are in Heaven, and they knew nothing of MAD, so it's not a necessary tool to go to Heaven. You both do not need to bother yourself with it.

By the way, heir, you have tons of stars!! I'm extremely proud of you!! Well, you both take care!! Thanks LA, for letting me share on your post.

May He Increase The Countenance Of Both Of You!!

Michael

:cloud9: :angel: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :rapture:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Hi Clete,

There are many baptisms in the Bible, but there is only ONE baptism today and it is BY ONE SPIRIT into ONE BODY (not "of the Holy Ghost" and not by man into water).

1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

When one trusts the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) they are baptized by one Spirit in to one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV).

It is a baptism (identification) into Christ's death,

Romans 6:3-5 KJV Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

It's a Spirit baptism into Christ,

Galatians 3:27 KJV For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

It is that one baptism of Ephesians 4 that we are to endevour to keep.

Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
If I could find a church that understood a third of this, I'd be there every time the doors were open! What you've stated here is nothing short of the gospel message itself, or at least a major part of it. Amazing!

Super excellent post. I'm saving it to my computer for future reference. I fully intend to plagiarize you! :)

Resting in Him,
Clete

heir

TOL Subscriber
If I could find a church that understood a third of this, I'd be there every time the doors were open! What you've stated here is nothing short of the gospel message itself, or at least a major part of it. Amazing!
Sound teaching coming off the pulpit from faithful men is a hard find. The ones that I would attend are very far from where I live, but I do get to study with them live online. If you're interested, I'll share some links with you in a pm.

And we do have the best good news in the history of man! As a believer, I never tire of hearing it :)

Super excellent post. I'm saving it to my computer for future reference. I fully intend to plagiarize you! :)
Please do! I got it from Paul :)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
In your understanding, when did this one baptism for today begin?

They have never experienced it nor can they tell you when it began.

They are yet another batch of those who have had their ears tickled and cannot withstand sound doctrine.

Jesus baptizes TWICE.

Holy Spirit and Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.