ECT If MAD does not believe this then why do they not deny it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Whoa there lil fella.

That's not a later command not to baptize.

1. Paul is talking to them about when he first got there.

2. Paul is speaking only to the Corinthians.

3. When Paul first got there he was afraid, so Christ came to him in a dream and told him to preach, for he had much people there.

During this dream nowhere did Christ say don't baptize.

Looks like there were much people there to do the baptizing.

And when there wasn't, hey, guess what?

Paul did it.

Now I say again, where is the command not to baptize?

You cannot produce it in any shape or form.

If y'all could there wouldn't be any fights among yourselves as to when this supposed new gospel started.

Dispensationalism is a dead end street.:wazzup:
In the dispensation of the grace of God (that's the one that Paul claims that God gave to him), there is ONE baptism and there is NOT a drop of water in it.

Water baptism is a cleansing ritual for Israel's priesthood of which the body of Christ has no part.

So if it makes you happy to get wet, go for it. I'm sticking with the ONE baptism by the Holy Spirit.
1Co 12:12-13 KJV For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. (13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph 4:4-6 KJV There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; (5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism, (6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
I'm going to stick with God and Paul on this one.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
In the dispensation of the grace of God (that's the one that Paul claims that God gave to him), there is ONE baptism and there is NOT a drop of water in it.

Water baptism is a cleansing ritual for Israel's priesthood of which the body of Christ has no part.

So if it makes you happy to get wet, go for it. I'm sticking with the ONE baptism by the Holy Spirit.
1Co 12:12-13 KJV For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. (13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph 4:4-6 KJV There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; (5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism, (6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
I'm going to stick with God and Paul on this one.

Bald faced assumptions based on some non existent command not to baptize.

You asserted there was some later command, so produce it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul also baptized the Ephesian 12 in water and then laid his hands on them that they received the Holy Spirit. Acts ch 19
Why do you liken yourself firstly, after those of Acts 2 and also after these Ephesians, when we are not likened to either?

Paul knew the Gentiles like the Ephesians of Acts 19, but didn't know the Ephesians to whom he wrote the letter (Gentiles to whom we are likened to Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). He had only heard of their faith

Ephesians 1:15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

And when Paul writes to these "you Gentiles" (Ephesians 3:1 KJV), there is, but ONE baptism!

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Furthermore, the book of Acts is not where we get our doctrine as things were changing there. We get that which is written to the Body of Christ in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) and that must be rightly divided (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV).

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Why do you liken yourself firstly, after those of Acts 2 and also after these Ephesians, when we are not likened to either?

Paul knew the Gentiles like the Ephesians of Acts 19, but didn't know the Ephesians to whom he wrote the letter (Gentiles to whom we are likened to Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). He had only heard of their faith

Ephesians 1:15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

And when Paul writes to these "you Gentiles" (Ephesians 3:1 KJV), there is, but ONE baptism!

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Furthermore, the book of Acts is not where we get our doctrine as things were changing there. We get that which is written to the Body of Christ in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) and that must be rightly divided (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV).

So who do you reckon preached to and baptized them Ephesians while Paul was disputing down at the school yard?

Don't you reckon it was them 12 dudes Paul baptized?

heir

TOL Subscriber
So who do you reckon preached to and baptized them Ephesians while Paul was disputing down at the school yard?
The Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter were not water baptized! Paul beseeched them to keep the one (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV). And as any believer today should know, that is by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV), the same "Body" these "you Gentiles" were made fellowheirs of by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV).

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hi,...............

MAD doctrine is gross error
No

MAD doctrine refuses water baptism,
not always

repentance,
If you mean repentance makes one right with God, then no.

bread and wine,
not really

countless other heresies,
Heresies? Hardly.

Why not believe scripture?
I do and can read it too.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter were not water baptized! Paul beseeched them to keep the one (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV). And as any believer today should know, that is by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV), the same "Body" these "you Gentiles" were made fellowheirs of by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV).

The Corinthians that Paul wrote to were water baptized and some of them even by Paul.

Those Ephesians were evangelized by the 12 Paul water baptized.

You need to rethink yer bogus claim that Paul was talking to the Corinthians about some later command he received when he was talking to them about his first visit.

Look at verses 14,15, and 16 like I told Nick.

I baptized none of you except..........

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1Co 1:17 KJV For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

It figures that Pauls hands were not on them at their baptism in water. Paul was not alone.

same as--

Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. ----

Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
Act 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Act 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Corinthians that Paul wrote to were water baptized and some of them even by Paul.

Those Ephesians were evangelized by the 12 Paul water baptized.

You need to rethink yer bogus claim that Paul was talking to the Corinthians about some later command he received when he was talking to them about his first visit.

Look at verses 14,15, and 16 like I told Nick.

I baptized none of you except..........

You really ARE a Dispy !!! :rapture:

SaulToPaul 2

MAD doctrine is gross error
No

MAD doctrine refuses water baptism,
not always

repentance,
If you mean repentance makes one right with God, then no.

bread and wine,
not really

countless other heresies,
Heresies? Hardly.

Why not believe scripture?
I do and can read it too.

LA the Great Guru of TOL can't even decipher the gospel of his salvation. Anything else he says after that is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.