ECT If MAD does not believe this then why do they not deny it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You make about as much sense as..... you don't make sense.

He knows what I mean.

As for you, just bee bop on down thar and add yer own name to that confounded confused list, sonny.:)

You might wanna add Paul's to the Christ denier list.

You know, since he was a baptizin' folks, even though Christ didn't send him to do it. lol

Right Divider

Body part
He knows what I mean.

As for you, just bee bop on down thar and add yer own name to that confounded confused list, sonny.:)

You know, since he was a baptizin' folks, even though Christ didn't send him to do it. lol
The instruction about "not baptizing" came later.

Geeeeeee, that was hard.
Act 26:16 KJV But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
Go back to your drawing board.

I probably need to upgrade you to completely confused.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The instruction about "not baptizing" came later.

Geeeeeee, that was hard.
Act 26:16 KJV But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
Go back to your drawing board.

I probably need to upgrade you to completely confused.

What instruction not to baptize?

Right Divider

Body part
What instruction not to baptize?
Seriously?
1Co 1:17 KJV For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
The way that BUT is used here (I'm explaining this because I know that you can barely understand anything, even the simplest of English language constructs), is as a CONTRAST between TWO things.

You need to get out of the "teaching" business and learn some simple things.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why is he concerned about it? You missed the point or you are trying to deceive. Fess up, as StP would say.

1 Corinthians 1

14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name. 16 Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other. 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.

LA preaches Acts 2 to make the cross of no effect. LA isn't confused, LA is antichrist.

Either you or me.

You need to read the context, and the KJV is faulty, but it does say preaching with wisdom of words makes the cross of no effect.

Baptizing does not make the cross of Christ of no effect.

Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Paul himself was baptized in water washing away his sins calling on the name of the Lord.

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Paul also baptized the Ephesian 12 in water and then laid his hands on them that they received the Holy Spirit. Acts ch 19

Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Act 19:7 And all the men were about twelve.

Paul was a poor speaker, but a truthful one, anointed by the Lord.

1Co 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1Co 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God

2Co 10:10 For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible.
2Co 10:11 Let such an one think this, that, such as we are in word by letters when we are absent, such will we be also in deed when we are present.
2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

You do not recognize me because you are one of the sons of Lot.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Some of us are just tired! Believe what you want. You will anyway.

Hi Delmar, good to see you. I hope all is well with you. When I get tired, I hit this reminder from our apostle Paul:

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

2 Corinthians 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

It's like filling up the tank! :up:

heir

TOL Subscriber
He knows what I mean.

Actually, he baptized until Christ sent him NOT TO! :wazzup:

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Delmar, good to see you. I hope all is well with you. When I get tired, I hit this reminder from our apostle Paul:

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

2 Corinthians 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

It's like filling up the tank! :up:

You have had time to read my last post.

Is it not the truth?

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Either you or me.

You need to read the context, and the KJV is faulty,
:rolleyes: Gee, what a shocker. Another Bible corrector.
Yes, it does. It's just like circumcision!

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Galatians 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:rolleyes: Gee, what a shocker. Another Bible corrector.
Yes, it does. It's just like circumcision!

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Galatians 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Baptism is not circumcision.

Why was Jesus baptized?

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Either you or me.

You need to read the context, and the KJV is faulty, but it does say preaching with wisdom of words makes the cross of no effect.

Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Paul himself was baptized in water washing away his sins calling on the name of the Lord.

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Paul also baptized the Ephesian 12 in water and then laid his hands on them that they received the Holy Spirit. Acts ch 19

Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Act 19:7 And all the men were about twelve.

Paul was a poor speaker, but a truthful one, anointed by the Lord.

1Co 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1Co 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God

2Co 10:10 For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible.
2Co 10:11 Let such an one think this, that, such as we are in word by letters when we are absent, such will we be also in deed when we are present.
2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

You do not recognize me because you are one of the sons of Lot.

LA

Nick M reply---

November 21st, 2015 04:52 PM Nick M go to hell...a more modern rebuke of your apostle Paul to you

Yes, Nick is a son of Sodom.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Baptism is not circumcision.
I never said it was, but that it makes the cross of Christ of non effect just like circumcision!

Why was Jesus baptized?
To fulfill all righteousness Matthew 3:15 KJV

That's a one of a kind baptism (Matthew 3:16-17 KJV) and was certainly not for the remission of sins (Mark 1:4 KJV, Acts 2:38 KJV)!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Seriously?
1Co 1:17 KJV For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
The way that BUT is used here (I'm explaining this because I know that you can barely understand anything, even the simplest of English language constructs), is as a CONTRAST between TWO things.

You need to get out of the "teaching" business and learn some simple things.

Whoa there lil fella.

That's not a later command not to baptize.

1. Paul is talking to them about when he first got there.

2. Paul is speaking only to the Corinthians.

3. When Paul first got there he was afraid, so Christ came to him in a dream and told him to preach, for he had much people there.

During this dream nowhere did Christ say don't baptize.

Looks like there were much people there to do the baptizing.

And when there wasn't, hey, guess what?

Paul did it.

Now I say again, where is the command not to baptize?

You cannot produce it in any shape or form.

If y'all could there wouldn't be any fights among yourselves as to when this supposed new gospel started.

Dispensationalism is a dead end street.:wazzup:

Status
Not open for further replies.