I will be voting for Hillary Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yet she claims she used to be right wing....

No I didn't. :chuckle:

I was "more right than left."

Even then I didn't trust - or use - WorldNutDaily as a credible source.

Breitbart has gotten worse and worse. I no longer consider it to be a credible source.

And Pamela Geller... no bias there, right?

exminister

Which Trump to believe.

Trump is in debt to Russian mafiaso. That's why he only complements Putin and will never publish his taxes. Hello Comrade Donald. That how America became communist while everyone was looking the other way. Trump will let the Russia become the former Soviet Union and cause America to turn our backs on our European NATO allies. The greatest generation's accomplishments destroyed by one ego maniac. And we put him there.

rexlunae

I looked up the story and the first three sites that came up were Breitbart, WorldNutDaily and Pamela Gellar.

I think I'll wait for more information.

I don't really believe it so much as I'm trying to understand the logic. It sounds awfully conspiratorial, but if you think about it, it wouldn't exactly be scandalous if it were true either, so I kinda wonder why it's supposed to be so bad.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I don't really believe it so much as I'm trying to understand the logic. It sounds awfully conspiratorial, but if you think about it, it wouldn't exactly be scandalous if it were true either, so I kinda wonder why it's supposed to be so bad.

It doesn't even sound conspiratorial to me. I didn't know what EB-5 was, so here it is:

EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program

And so... EB-5 is a government program....

And Sen. Grassley says the government program is fraught with corruption...

And... Khan worked for the same "mega" law firm that did the Clinton's taxes...

And so... what? What's Breitbart's specific accusation against Khan?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Hillary 2016: Recycled Lines and Clichés

Clinton revives old lines, her 1990s biography, to restart her campaign
by PoliZette Staff | Updated 29 Jul 2016 at 12:24 PM - SOURCE LINK

QUOTE:
“It Takes A Village.” We’ve all heard it and frankly, it’s getting pretty stale.

Hillary seems to be running out of lines, as she dug back into the archives Thursday night in her speech to the Democratic National Convention, bringing up things we’ve all already heard.

She fondly reminded us that it still “takes a village,” a shameless plug for her book and a flashback to her 1996 DNC speech.

“Twenty years ago I wrote a book called ‘It Takes a Village.’ A lot of people looked at the title and asked, what the heck do you mean by that? This is what I mean. None of us can raise a family, build a business, heal a community — or lift a country — totally alone,” Clinton said.

Compare this with her famous “It Takes a Village” speech during the 1996 Democratic National Convention. “And we have learned that to raise a happy, healthy, and hopeful child it takes a family, it takes teachers, it takes clergy, it takes business people, it takes community leaders, it takes those who protect our health and safety. It takes all of us,” she said. “Yes, it takes a village.”

The message is exactly the same 20 years later, and it seems that the only way for Hillary to refresh her campaign is by going back to the past.

"Hillary Clinton's speech was an insulting collection of clichés and recycled rhetoric. She spent the evening talking down to the American people she's looked down on her whole life," said Stephen Miller, Donald Trump's senior policy adviser.

In addition to the repetitive line about the village, Clinton was sure to include everyone's favorite clichés as well.

A few one-liners sprinkled throughout her speech included, "your cause is our cause," and "no one gets through life alone." If that wasn't enough, Clinton urged, "but we are not afraid" and "it truly is up to us."

We've all heard these lines before, and it's becoming insulting. "It's a speech delivered from a fantasy universe, not the reality we live in today," Miller said in a statement.

Her campaign is blanketed in unrealistic comparisons and warm sentiments that aren't tangibly fulfilled in the political climate in which we live. One such comparison drew on the Revolutionary War comparing our situation with that of the Founding Fathers.

After discussing the courage of the Founders standing up to King George III, she said, "America is once again at a moment of reckoning. Powerful forces are threatening to pull us apart."

The comparison seems rather far-fetched as she uses a powerful historical example to supplement her "Stronger Together" slogan that feels tired in a hard-pressed country. Part of Clinton's modus operandi is to rely heavily on generalized statements, that don't convey a message. Trump can undoubtedly be abrasive but he's hardly ever unclear.

"The thing that appeals to people about Donald Trump, the reason why I'm so incredibly honored to have the opportunity to run and serve with him as vice president of the United States, is because the man speaks his mind," vice presidential nominee Mike Pence said Thursday on "The Laura Ingraham Show."

In a last notable cliché, Clinton said, "So don't let anyone tell you that our country is weak. We're not. Don't let anyone tell you we don't have what it takes. We do."

The sentiment is nice, but tangible options and actual solutions are a lot more comforting than warm platitudes that don't mean much.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The GOP is in turmoil.

Sally Bradshaw, a longtime confidant of the Bush family and veteran GOP strategist, made a sudden exit from the Republican Party this week and suggested she'd vote for Clinton in Florida if the race is close. The move, first reported by CNN and confirmed to POLITICO, was a last burst of fury at the party's embrace of Trump. She declined to say whether she hopes others follow her out.

"Leaving the Party was a personal decision for me and I’m sad about it," Bradshaw said in an email, declining to answer further questions about the decision.

Her announcement was quickly followed Tuesday morning by Republican Rep. Richard Hanna's declaration of support for Clinton. And later in the day, Maria Comella, a former top political aide to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, threw in with Clinton as well.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/never-donald-trump-republicans-226537#ixzz4GHRwiv4m

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The GOP is in turmoil.
Sally Bradshaw, a longtime confidant of the Bush family and veteran GOP strategist, made a sudden exit from the Republican Party this week and suggested she'd vote for Clinton in Florida if the race is close. The move, first reported by CNN and confirmed to POLITICO, was a last burst of fury at the party's embrace of Trump. She declined to say whether she hopes others follow her out.

"Leaving the Party was a personal decision for me and I’m sad about it," Bradshaw said in an email, declining to answer further questions about the decision.

Her announcement was quickly followed Tuesday morning by Republican Rep. Richard Hanna's declaration of support for Clinton. And later in the day, Maria Comella, a former top political aide to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, threw in with Clinton as well.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/never-donald-trump-republicans-226537#ixzz4GHRwiv4m

Millions of former democrats are voting for Trump

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/265330-some-dems-would-defect-for-trump-poll-shows

About 20 percent of likely Democratic voters say they would buck the party and vote for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump in a general election, according to a new poll.

The willingness of some Democrats to change sides could be a major problem for Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton this fall.
The new figures were released by Mercury Analytics, a research company with clients that include MSNBC and Fox News, as the result of an online poll and dial-test of Trump’s first campaign ad. A smaller number of Republicans say they’d vote for Clinton — about 14 percent.

PureX

I also want to send a message by not voting for the major parties but I agree with anna that it's likely they won't get the message. More data should be gathered with voting so people can really get their message across. If you simply don't vote then parties will not know why.

In the pre-election polling I would set it up differently. Like...
Trump
Clinton
Johnson
Stein
Trump because I don't want Clinton
Clinton because I don't want Trump
Johnson but would usually vote for the R but can't support Trump
Stein but would usually vote for the D but can't support Clinton
Maybe some other options.

Pollsters could do so much better. And more exit polling would be nice with similar questions.
Of course, there are other avenues to make your voice heard. But in the voting booth or polling is a nice way.
The two major parties have already rigged the system to eliminate any meaningful alternatives to their own two candidates. And we've allowed them to do it, like we've allowed so many other bad political policies to creep into the electoral process. And now we're reaping the havoc of all that bad policy that we've allowed to be sown. And neither part is willing to change on it's own. If any change is to come, it will have to be forced on them.

And since winning is all they currently care about, then that's the only thing we can threaten to get them to consider any real change. If they see the voters voting out EVERY INCUMBENT REGARDLESS OF PARTY at the state and federal level, believe me, it will get their attention is a HUGE way! So will our refusing to vote for either party's presidential candidate. Especially if we are showing up to vote out their other incumbents!

People say it's throwing their vote away. But voting for terrible candidates out of fear of a worse candidate is also throwing our vote away. AND it's continuing the "lesser evil" idiocy in election after election after election.

When do we finally say, "no more!"?

PureX

Do you agree with some commentators who've said that Trump got as far as he did because there were too many candidates?

I keep remembering those first debates when they had to split them into two tiers and even then the stage was so crowded.
No. Trump happened because all those other candidates were just as ignorant and crazy as Trump. Only not as outspoken about it. If I'd been one of those republican voters who just can't vote for anyone but a republican. I'm not sure I wouldn't have picked Trump, too. Just out of perverse disgust. And the hope that he'd be completely ineffective.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No. Trump happened because all those other candidates were just as ignorant and crazy as Trump. Only not as outspoken about it. If I'd been one of those republican voters who just can't vote for anyone but a republican. I'm not sure I wouldn't have picked Trump, too. Just out of perverse disgust. And the hope that he'd be completely ineffective.

I don't agree with you. There were other candidates who were entirely capable, but Trump sucked all the oxygen out of the room with his belligerence and bluster, and the circus-goers and the media ate it up. Media helped enormously by giving Trump all the attention that malignant narcissists craves. I read something about the early debates being a case of "parallel taunting," and that Trump was able to use that (heck, he drove it) to his advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.