ECT I saw a vision...oh yes!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Many of these church leaders were never called by the Lord to be such.
Those many who "choose" the ministry as a profession were never called.
And they reject the spiritual power gifts ... because they don't have any!
"Ouch."
et9843769347698437967.png
~ E.T.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I was called a liar. But what would I have to gain from making up this story? if TOL were Pentecostal friendly I suppose but it isn't.

There are folks on TOL who I admire for their theology and their bible knowledge and sometimes their plain good common sense, there are those who I would like to be friends with, there are those who I wish would appreciate me. But because I refuse to lie, which to deny the working of the Holy Ghost and His gifts in my life would be to dishonour Him and lie.

I must testify what I know to be true.

In doing so I lose their esteem, they mock and cajole, this is also true in real life.

Not me. We are not to forbid these things (Joe 2:28, 1 Co 14:39). Should we do that, we borderline on blasphemy (Mt 12:31).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Your bible is just a study book...my bible is ALIVE. It speaks to what I have and what I experience. Your's only speaks to what they had and experienced 2, 000 years ago.

He's the I am :straight: not the I was or I'm going to be. :freak: Many passages of scripture have compound meanings.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I'm reminded of David using a modern cart to carry the ark of the covenant. Seemed reasonable to him, but it wasn't the way to do it. Someone was killed over it. David sought the Lord, and the word was "sanctify the Levites"

Similar to the modern screws holding the chest of draws together. Modern doesn't mean better, and can be worse.
Also Jesus said, "no one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. Modern on old doesn't always mix well.
The new garment is the robe of righteousness.

See:

Why did God strike Uzzah dead for touching the Ark of the Covenant?