I never talk to Jesus or the Holy Spirit

Hoping

Banned
How is it true that if you fail to keep your eyes on Jesus you will fulfill the lust of the flesh if you supposedly do not have any lusts any more now that you have been made sinlessly perfect?

Galatians 5:17
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
"IF" is the key to your question.
Walk in the Spirit and you won't fulfill the lusts of your now dead flesh.
If you do fulfill the lusts of the flesh, you are not in the Spirit.
You can only be of one or the other.

Hoping

Banned
You're talking about the KINGDOM Gospel for the Kingdom on Earth.
The faith required of Peter and the rest of the Kingdom believers was that Jesus Christ, the Son of God was the MESSIAH.

Every single one of those acts in red are NOT for the body of Christ, who are saved by faith ALONE.

You are preaching a gospel that cannot SAVE and will not save anyone today.
And you present a gospel void of Christ.

The "gospel of the kingdom"...that the kingdom of God is come near you...has been fulfilled by our inclusion in Christ, who IS THE KING.

Hoping

Banned
If you fail to obey every law of man and God to the letter does that mean you are not saved? Do you always do those things that please the Father and never do anything that displeases God?
These are the laws we are to obey...Love God with all your might, and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
If one does not do them, he is not converted or in submission to God.
He serves himself above God...which is idolatry.

Hoping

Banned
The Apostle James was a legalist who misunderstood the grace of God more than did Peter in Galatians 2

Galatians 2:10-12​

King James Version​

10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.​

11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.​

12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.​

As we have no idea what those from James did when they arrived, perhaps they went to Antioch just to try out the freedoms inherent in Christianity.
Maybe they wanted to try local cuisine?
I just wish there was more to the Gal 2 recollection.

Hoping

Banned
I have little respect for James for telling Paul to give the false impression to law-worshipping Jews that he did not mean what he said about the law. Paul experienced long resistance from the 'brethren in charge' in Jerusalem who never seemed to discover God's mind about the law.

Galatians 2
2 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.

2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:

4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.

11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

Peter and the Apostles, whom Paul said seemed to be somewhat, and seemed to be pillars, were still wrong about the law years after the Church was born.
Do you realize that with the death of our old man and the rebirth of the new man, we can keep the original Law of Moses?
It is in our new, divine, nature to do the things God had to spell out in stone for the fleeing Israelites.
By that standard, all Christians should be "zealous of the Law".
Do you commit murder?
Adultery, theft?
Covet your neighbor's wife or car?
Worship idols?
If you don't, aren't you also "zealous of the Law"?
If you don't

marke

Can you please define the difference between miracles and "special" miracles?
Was Paul's recovery from the stoning he endured a "special" or regular miracle?
How about the earthquake in Thyatira that freed Paul and Silas?
How about the survival of the storm on the way to Rome?

When do you consider the bible "completed"?

The "perfect" which is to come is the Lord Jesus Christ at His second coming.
The disciples worked miracles in the early days of the church before the Bible was finished. But we are told those gifts and operations would cease when the Bible was completed. The modern Christian church does not have prophets and workers of miracles because those gifts were done away. Look at the disappearance of the gift of tongues, for example. We are clearly told that tongues were given as a sign to unbelieving Jews in the early days of the Christian church but were done away later like a childish remnant of infancy.

1 Corinthians 14:20-22
King James Version

20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.
21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.
22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

1 Corinthians 13
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.​

marke

As we have no idea what those from James did when they arrived, perhaps they went to Antioch just to try out the freedoms inherent in Christianity.
Maybe they wanted to try local cuisine?
I just wish there was more to the Gal 2 recollection.
Whatever the problem with the men who came from Jerusalem there was something wrong, because of what Paul said about them in Galatians 2.

14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel,

Since those emissaries from the Church at Jerusalem were not walking uprightly do you think they were unsaved?

marke

Do you realize that with the death of our old man and the rebirth of the new man, we can keep the original Law of Moses?
It is in our new, divine, nature to do the things God had to spell out in stone for the fleeing Israelites.
By that standard, all Christians should be "zealous of the Law".
Do you commit murder?
Adultery, theft?
Covet your neighbor's wife or car?
Worship idols?
If you don't, aren't you also "zealous of the Law"?
If you don't
Can a born-again Christian deny the Lord as Peter did?

marke

It seems strange that Paul would tell Christians to walk in the Spirit if it was not possible for them not to walk in the Spirit.

Hoping

Banned
The disciples worked miracles in the early days of the church before the Bible was finished.
But we are told those gifts and operations would cease when the Bible was completed. The modern Christian church does not have prophets and workers of miracles because those gifts were done away. Look at the disappearance of the gift of tongues, for example. We are clearly told that tongues were given as a sign to unbelieving Jews in the early days of the Christian church but were done away later like a childish remnant of infancy.
"It" doesn't say..."when the bible is completed".
The modern church DOES have prophets.
M own conversion was a miracle.
The gift of tongues has NOT disappeared.
Show where it was written that the gift of tongues was for the unbelieving Jews, only?

marke

These are the laws we are to obey...Love God with all your might, and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
If one does not do them, he is not converted or in submission to God.
He serves himself above God...which is idolatry.
It has been said that there are over 6,000 laws in the Bible. Does God want Christians to learn all the laws so he can obey them? Or, if born-again believers cannot sin then why tell them anything because they will by new nature always do and think only those things that please the Father? If such is true then it is no wonder why Christians think the reproofs, rebukes, and instructions in the Bible are for others and not themselves.

Hoping

Banned
Whatever the problem with the men who came from Jerusalem there was something wrong, because of what Paul said about them in Galatians 2.

14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel,

Since those emissaries from the Church at Jerusalem were not walking uprightly do you think they were unsaved?
It wasn't the "emissaries" who were not walking "uprightly", it was Peter and Barnabas, etc., who decided to let the old customs creep in as though those customs had any bearing on the body of Christ.

glorydaz

You don't equate obedience to God with "sinlessness"?
I do.
I'm sure you do, but that's because you think your obedience is PERFECT. Yes or No?

Here's how perfect you have to be, so excuse me while I chuckle at your comment.

Matt. 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

marke

"It" doesn't say..."when the bible is completed".
The modern church DOES have prophets.
M own conversion was a miracle.
The gift of tongues has NOT disappeared.
Show where it was written that the gift of tongues was for the unbelieving Jews, only?
Do you have prophets in your church bringing new revelations from God? Not biblical prophets because biblical prophets had the power and authority to tell the people things that were not revealed in any other way. God is no longer revealing new revelations through prophets because He is no longer giving men new revelations He has not already given them in the completed Bible.

Revelation 22

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Hoping

Banned
It seems strange that Paul would tell Christians to walk in the Spirit if it was not possible for them not to walk in the Spirit.
It would be stranger if Paul told them to walk in the Spirit if it was impossible.
As he said...walk in the Spirit and you won't fulfil the lusts of the flesh.
The same holds true for us who have crucified the flesh, with the affections and lust, (Gal 5:24), today.

marke

Nope, but Peter hadn't been reborn yet.
He was still a man of the flesh until he was given the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Can the natural man receive or understand the word of God? No, generally not. God showed things to Peter before the crucifixion by His Spirit.

Matthew 16:17
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Sinners are unclean and born-again Christians are clean. The Lord's disciples (all of whom later forsook Him and fled) were clean, but not all of them because Judas was still unclean.

John 13:10
Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

glorydaz

That's not true. A person can walk in the Spirit, and the flesh can rear it's ugly head.

marke

It would be stranger if Paul told them to walk in the Spirit if it was impossible.
As he said...walk in the Spirit and you won't fulfil the lusts of the flesh.
The same holds true for us who have crucified the flesh, with the affections and lust, (Gal 5:24), today.
Are you saying that you walk in the Spirit by seeking help from God to do so because if God did not still help you after you were saved you would still be unable to do those things you know are right?

Galatians 5:17
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Hoping

Banned
It has been said that there are over 6,000 laws in the Bible. Does God want Christians to learn all the laws so he can obey them?
Nope, just the two Jesus commanded...Love God with all your strength and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
Or, if born-again believers cannot sin then why tell them anything because they will by new nature always do and think only those things that please the Father? If such is true then it is no wonder why Christians think the reproofs, rebukes, and instructions in the Bible are for others and not themselves.
They are for "us".
Exhortations and warnings are all over the NT letters.
They are to be adhered to like a life preserver.
Born again believers, (the only kind of believer), live their new lives in accord with those exhortations and warnings.
They are for our own good.