I never talk to Jesus or the Holy Spirit

marke

It wasn't the "emissaries" who were not walking "uprightly", it was Peter and Barnabas, etc., who decided to let the old customs creep in as though those customs had any bearing on the body of Christ.
In other words, Peter and Barnabas were walking contrary to the will of God prompting Paul to rebuke them? Does that not indicate that Christians can still sin after salvation?

Hoping

Banned
I'm sure you do, but that's because you think your obedience is PERFECT. Yes or No?

Here's how perfect you have to be, so excuse me while I chuckle at your comment.

Matt. 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
You couldn't answer my question?
I thank God for making it possible to obey Him flawlessly.

marke

It would be stranger if Paul told them to walk in the Spirit if it was impossible.
As he said...walk in the Spirit and you won't fulfil the lusts of the flesh.
The same holds true for us who have crucified the flesh, with the affections and lust, (Gal 5:24), today.
In other words, you can and do still sin after salvation?

marke

Nope, just the two Jesus commanded...Love God with all your strength and love your neighbor as you love yourself.

They are for "us".
Exhortations and warnings are all over the NT letters.
They are to be adhered to like a life preserver.
Born again believers, (the only kind of believer), live their new lives in accord with those exhortations and warnings.
They are for our own good.
God is not looking for anyone to keep the law as some sort of pathway to intimacy with Him. Christians are dead to the law which cannot replace faith for intimacy with God.

Hoping

Banned
Do you have prophets in your church bringing new revelations from God?
Yes.
Not biblical prophets because biblical prophets had the power and authority to tell the people things that were not revealed in any other way. God is no longer revealing new revelations through prophets because He is no longer giving men new revelations He has not already given them in the completed Bible.
Really?
Am I not bringing new revelations to you?
About 1 John 1?
And Romans 7?
Revelation 22
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
You do realize that the "book" John is referencing is the "book" of revelations.
Besides, clarifications of misunderstood scriptures is not "changing" anything.

Hoping

Banned
That's not true. A person can walk in the Spirit, and the flesh can rear it's ugly head.
Those walking in the Spirit are equipt to reject temptations...all the time.
Or do you think Paul was in error when he wrote..."This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." (Gal 5:16)
I know he was right.

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
Are you saying that you walk in the Spirit by seeking help from God to do so because if God did not still help you after you were saved you would still be unable to do those things you know are right?
Absolutely.
1 Cor 10:13 is testimony of that..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
The "escapes" are there, but I have to both find and use "the way".
Galatians 5:17
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
"...would"...have done in the past.
Next verse..."18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law."
Gal 5 goes on from there with the deeds of those walking in the flesh.
Ergo, those committing the sin listed in verses 19-21 are NOT led by the Spirit and STILL under the Law.

Hoping

Banned
In other words, Peter and Barnabas were walking contrary to the will of God prompting Paul to rebuke them? Does that not indicate that Christians can still sin after salvation?
Where is the sin in obeying what they should have seen as a defunct Law?
Did they do it to rebel against God?
To hurt someone?
No they were just trying to make visitors feel at home...sorta.

I know there is nothing wrong with having a beer, OK?
But when some Jehovah's Witnesses come by with their tracts I am not going to offer them one.
Does that make me a sinner?

Hoping

Banned
God is not looking for anyone to keep the law as some sort of pathway to intimacy with Him. Christians are dead to the law which cannot replace faith for intimacy with God.
Will murderers be allowed into heaven?
No.
So, don't murder anyone !
Make sense?
Our obedience to God is the product of our repentance from sin and rebirth from His own seed.
It isn't a way or pathway for anything.
It is who we are after conversion.

Hoping

Banned
Then you're a liar. And liars are not flawless.
Did Jesus obey His Father flawlessly?
The reborn have the same Father.
We also have the same Spirit in us to help protect and guide us into righteousness, and away from that which can kill the soul.

Hoping

Banned
You're sure taking the round-about way of claiming you're perfect.

You'd best stop while you still can.
I, with the bad knees and poor eyes, am perfect.
I won't be judged unworthy of eternal life on the last days for not having 20/20 vision.
And I give all the glory and honor to God, and to the power of the name of Christ Jesus into whom I have been baptized.

marke

Yes.

Really?
Am I not bringing new revelations to you?
About 1 John 1?
And Romans 7?

You do realize that the "book" John is referencing is the "book" of revelations.
Besides, clarifications of misunderstood scriptures is not "changing" anything.
If by "prophets" you are referring to preachers of God's word, then yes, you should have prophets. If by "prophets" you mean men who reveal new messages from God that are revelations not revealed in the Bible then those are false prophets today because God has finished giving new revelations to men outside the Bible.

marke

Those walking in the Spirit are equipt to reject temptations...all the time.
Or do you think Paul was in error when he wrote..."This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." (Gal 5:16)
I know he was right.
Why would Paul tell Christians to walk in the Spirit if not walking in the Spirit was impossible for sinless born-again believers?

marke

Absolutely.
1 Cor 10:13 is testimony of that..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
The "escapes" are there, but I have to both find and use "the way".

"...would"...have done in the past.
Next verse..."18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law."
Gal 5 goes on from there with the deeds of those walking in the flesh.
Ergo, those committing the sin listed in verses 19-21 are NOT led by the Spirit and STILL under the Law.
Those who believe Christians are made incapable of sin at conversion make the bulk of the Bible unnecessary for them after they get saved. Consider the sinless Christian's interpretation of the following verses from 2 Timothy 3:

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

A sinless Christian would have to assume verses given to all men for reproof, for correction, and for instruction are not for the reproof of Christians who are sinless and therefore have no need for reproof or correction but are given to Christians to reprove lost people. I do not accept that twisted interpretation.

marke

Where is the sin in obeying what they should have seen as a defunct Law?
Did they do it to rebel against God?
To hurt someone?
No they were just trying to make visitors feel at home...sorta.

I know there is nothing wrong with having a beer, OK?
But when some Jehovah's Witnesses come by with their tracts I am not going to offer them one.
Does that make me a sinner?
If every little thing you say, think, and do does not please the Father then you still sin.

marke

Will murderers be allowed into heaven?
No.
So, don't murder anyone !
Make sense?
Our obedience to God is the product of our repentance from sin and rebirth from His own seed.
It isn't a way or pathway for anything.
It is who we are after conversion.
We don't go to heaven because we don't murder someone, and we do not lose our salvation because we commit some insignificant sin. Salvation is based upon faith, not works. If we must endure to the end to be saved then enduring is not about never sinning, but about holding onto our faith in spite of sin.

marke

Did Jesus obey His Father flawlessly?
The reborn have the same Father.
We also have the same Spirit in us to help protect and guide us into righteousness, and away from that which can kill the soul.
How can it be said Jesus is still guiding us into righteousness after we are saved if we supposedly are immediately incapable of unrighteousness once we have been baptized, having already reached perfection? Paul, on the other hand, had not reached perfection immediately after being baptized.

Phil. 3

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

He tells Christians to keep walking and maintain whatever level of perfection that is achieved as we continue to press on towards the state of perfection before God.

marke

I, with the bad knees and poor eyes, am perfect.
I won't be judged unworthy of eternal life on the last days for not having 20/20 vision.
And I give all the glory and honor to God, and to the power of the name of Christ Jesus into whom I have been baptized.
By saying you are already perfect does that mean you have attained perfection already, while Paul had not?

Phil. 3

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.