I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No desire to debate and defend the movement that destroyed the Black Family here in America?

African American Pastor Blames Civil Rights Movement for State of the Black Family
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/a...-the-black-family-106634/#3mtsI6CQeH2TKFx4.99

From your link:

"Boone blamed the Civil Rights Movement for separating the family from the church and weakening the commitment of black men and women to each other."

I disagree with pastor Boone. And after looking him up, I can see other issues on which I would disagree with him:

Boone has stated that "I want to boldly affirm Uncle Tom. The black community must stop criticizing Uncle Tom. He is a role model."

Pastor Boone said of African-American slavery in the United States, "I believe that slavery, and the understanding of it when you see it God's way, was redemptive."

At the Family Research Council's 2006 "Values Voter Conference" he made a speech calling homosexuals "faggots" and "sissies", criticizing them as "people who don't stand up for principles."

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
No desire to debate and defend the movement that destroyed the Black Family here in America?

African American Pastor Blames Civil Rights Movement for State of the Black Family
http://www.christianpost.com/news/a...-the-black-family-106634/#3mtsI6CQeH2TKFx4.99

From your link:

"Boone blamed the Civil Rights Movement for separating the family from the church and weakening the commitment of black men and women to each other."

I disagree with pastor Boone. And after looking him up, I can see other issues on which I would disagree with him:

Boone has stated that "I want to boldly affirm Uncle Tom. The black community must stop criticizing Uncle Tom. He is a role model."

Pastor Boone said of African-American slavery in the United States, "I believe that slavery, and the understanding of it when you see it God's way, was redemptive."

At the Family Research Council's 2006 "Values Voter Conference" he made a speech calling homosexuals "faggots" and "sissies", criticizing them as "people who don't stand up for principles."

Please let's not talk about homosexuality anna, as the author of this thread was very uncomfortable when I brought up that James Baldwin was a proud and unrepentant sexual degenerate.

As far you disagreeing with the Civil Rights Movement being responsible for separating the family from the church and weakening the commitment of black men and women from each other:

Make your case, and then I'll talk about Planned Parenthood clinics, fatherless homes and welfare in the Black community.

The Berean

I just finished watching this and it was fascinating. Thanks for posting it. Who do you think won the debate?

it's hard to say. Given the debate topic, both men had vastly different approaches. For James Baldwin this a very personal and real part of his life as a Black man. For William Buckley, though highly intelligent and highly educated, he seems to take this debate topic on a more academic and impersonal level. That is not surprising given Buckley's background (wealthy parents, traditional Catholic, Yale graduate, U.S. Army Officer, worked for the CIA). It's obvious that Buckley had practically zero understanding of the plight of Black people in America. He admitted as much in other interviews.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
it's hard to say. Given the debate topic, both men had vastly different approaches. For James Baldwin this a very personal and real part of his life as a Black man. For William Buckley, though highly intelligent and highly educated, he seems to take this debate topic on a more academic and impersonal level. That is not surprising given Buckley's background (wealthy parents, traditional Catholic, Yale graduate, U.S. Army Officer, worked for the CIA). It's obvious that Buckley had practically zero understanding of the plight of Black people in America. He admitted as much in other interviews.

i love reading buckley

can't stand watching him or listening to his voice :sozo2:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I agree with you regarding Buckley, it seemed to me his detachment from the topic was obvious ("my great-grandparents worked too") even as he spoke to "abstractions that do not relate to the human experience." :chuckle: Buckley went for individualism over structuralism, so when he argued that Jewish, Irish and Italians made certain "exertions" that he implied African Americans didn't, I wasn't surprised. I found him difficult to watch because he had such affected mannerisms, and I really wonder what was going on in James Baldwin's mind as he was listening. And I found myself wishing that Buckley had gone first in the debate.

ClimateSanity

Many of them, yes. Absolutely. I was in the South visiting relatives a few years ago and I saw and heard enough to know it's still the case in many places.

The south back then believed sincerely, with all their heart that they were superior to blacks. I don't think you will find many southern Christians today that do as well. What you will find is that many believe black culture is inferior to all other cultures . They are referring specifically to those who cannot enunciate proper English , who dress in gang attire and who basically party all the time and fornicate a good deal of the time as well and who don't have fathers in the home.....that culture is what they tell themselves they are superior to. That type of thinking is far different than that seen in the pic of the OP.

musterion

The south back then believed sincerely, with all their heart that they were superior to blacks.

Democrats.

who basically party all the time and fornicate a good deal of the time as well and who don't have fathers in the home.....that culture is what they tell themselves they are superior to.

There are people of all skin colors who that describes but yes, a culture that does not exalt such behaviors is superior on those points.

ClimateSanity

Democrats.

There are people of all skin colors who that describes but yes, a culture that does not exalt such behaviors is superior on those points.

Would you agree that there is a culture in America that fits that description to a T? In some areas of the country, that culture is over 90% of the population.

musterion

Would you agree that there is a culture in America that fits that description to a T? In some areas of the country, that culture is over 90% of the population.

Yes, anyone with a functioning sense of honesty and a nominal level of societal awareness couldn't possibly deny that it's true. It's predominantly black (thanks to Democrat Leftists [same thing]) but by no means exclusively black.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The south back then believed sincerely, with all their heart that they were superior to blacks.

Sincerely superior? Really? Sincerity of intention doesn't exonerate them then, and it doesn't exonerate them now.

I don't think you will find many southern Christians today that do as well. What you will find is that many believe black culture is inferior to all other cultures . They are referring specifically to those who cannot enunciate proper English , who dress in gang attire and who basically party all the time and fornicate a good deal of the time as well and who don't have fathers in the home.....that culture is what they tell themselves they are superior to. That type of thinking is far different than that seen in the pic of the OP.

I think they learned to hide it enough to stay legal and kept on believing what they believed. Those people in the photo have to be quite elderly now, those still alive, but I don't think most of them lived to change their mind, and I think a great many of them passed their prejudice on to their children. What you see in that photo is pure, unadulterated hatred for a young girl, based on the color of her skin.

When I was in the South a few years ago, I was told that even today there are towns where black motorists know that they have to keep driving, they can't stop. And the highway median was pointed out to me where there had been a sign for many years and had only recently been taken down that said something to the effect that N****** weren't welcome there. When my mom and dad drove through the South on their way to a job transfer shortly after the white civil rights workers were killed in the early 60's, their car was surrounded by angry whites who thought my parents were civil rights workers so they threatened my parents and told them to get out of town. When my parents' apartment landlord found out they were Catholic, he said Catholics weren't welcome there.

Now, in the age of Trump, he's made it okay once again to wear one's bigotry in public.

Last edited:

ok doser

Does Baldwin have a point? :think:

was that Dick Cavett? :freak:

he looked like a teenager

kinda look looked like

Michael-Fassbender-Haywire-image-movie.jpg

ok doser

as far as the point he was making, i believe the kkk of the day were quite happy to give those bad ni66ers death :idunno: