HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bick

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will Admit to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, Believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead and Accept Him as your Lord and Savior and you will be forgiven and taken to heaven to be with Him when you die.

Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your trust in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and believe it with all of your heart, you could pray something like this to God from your heart:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

MY RESPONSE: Indeed, salvation is by grace and through faith; and the Spirit o God bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

But, as to having an "eternal soul" that has its own body, brain, senses, etc, that can experience something after literal death, I have yet to find it in Scripture. In fact, many scriptures tell us the soul, which involves our senses and our ability to experience life, dies when
the person dies.

Many times man is called a "soul" inthe scriptures:

Gen.12:5 "Abram took his wife....and the souls they had gotten in Haran;" 46:26 "All the souls that came with Jacob into Egypt.." AV
Acts 2:41 "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added....about three thousand souls."
See also Acts 2:43, 7:14, 27:37; Rom.2:9, 13:1; 1 Cor.15:45; James 5:20; 1 Pet.3:20; 2 Pet.2:14; Rev.6:9, 18:13, 20:4.

The soul is said to die, be destroyed, or be dead:

Num.23:10 "Let me ("my soul' in Hebrew) die the death of the righteous."
Josh. 10:28 "And that day Joshua....smote it with the edge of the sword and the king thereof....and all the souls therein."
see also: Josh,10:30,32,35,39; 11:11; Jer.2:34; Eze.13:19; 22:25-27.
Eze. 18:4 "....the soul that sinneth, it shall die."

Paul tells us in 1 Cor.15:51-58, that at the trumpet sound the dead (in Christ) will be raised imperishable, and we (the living) shall be changed: the mortal putting on immortality.

Untill then, only Christ hath immortality; ref. 1 Tim. 6:16.

The cure for death is resurrection.

Last edited:

Ardima

MY RESPONSE: Indeed, salvation is by grace and through faith; and the Spirit o God bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

But, as to having an "eternal soul" that has its own body, brain, senses, etc, that can experience something after literal death, I have yet to find it in Scripture. In fact, many scriptures tell us the soul, which involves our senses and our ability to experience life, dies when
the person dies.

Gen.12:5 "Abram took his wife....and the souls they had gotten in Haran;" 46:26 "All the souls that came with Jacob into Egypt.." AV

Acts 2:41 "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added....about three thousand souls."

See also Acts 2:43, 7:14, 27:37; Rom.2:9, 13:1; 1 Cor.15:45; James 5:20; 1 Pet.3:20

There is none eternal but God. There is none immortal but God. There are only two resurrections mentioned in Revelation and the first only involves the believers that were beheaded for Christ's sake during the great tribulation. What that tells me is that every other believer is found in the second group that death and hell give up at the Great White Thrown Judgment. This is also why it states that there are some in that group in the book of life while others are not. If all believers were already awake somewhere before then why is there a need to see if those who were given up by death and hell are in the book of life?

xfrodobagginsx

the person dies.

See also Acts 2:43, 7:14, 27:37; Rom.2:9, 13:1; 1 Cor.15:45; James 5:20; 1 Pet.3:20; 2 Pet.2:14; Rev.6:9, 18:13, 20:4.

The soul is said to die, be destroyed, or be dead:

Num.23:10 "Let me ("my soul' in Hebrew) die the death of the righteous."
Josh. 10:28 "And that day Joshua....smote it with the edge of the sword and the king thereof....and all the souls therein."
see also: Josh,10:30,32,35,39; 11:11; Jer.2:34; Eze.13:19; 22:25-27.
Eze. 18:4 "....the soul that sinneth, it shall die."

Paul tells us in 1 Cor.15:51-58, that at the trumpet sound the dead (in Christ) will be raised imperishable, and we (the living) shall be changed: the mortal putting on immortality.

Untill then, only Christ hath immortality; ref. 1 Tim. 6:16.

The cure for death is resurrection.

On the contrary, Scripture tells us that the soul lives on after our physical death. The soul is that part of man that contains our memories and personality, without which, we would cease to be who we are. The Bible says that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. You can't get any more clear than that.

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Php 1:21 ¶ For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

Death=Separation. When it says that a sinning soul shall die, it means that it will be separated from God. Hell is the place where dead souls dwell after physical death.

Re 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Christians Do go to heaven:
Mr 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
(KJV)
Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
People in heaven:
Re 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
(KJV)
Jesus Christ is going to rule and reign on the earth. The believers will be with Him on the earth at that time. Right now believer's go to heaven to be with the Lord Jesus Christ because that is where He is.

Bick

There is none eternal but God. There is none immortal but God. There are only two resurrections mentioned in Revelation and the first only involves the believers that were beheaded for Christ's sake during the great tribulation. What that tells me is that every other believer is found in the second group that death and hell give up at the Great White Thrown Judgment. This is also why it states that there are some in that group in the book of life while others are not. If all believers were already awake somewhere before then why is there a need to see if those who were given up by death and hell are in the book of life?

Of course, God is eternal. There are many attributes of God, such as being uncorruptible (Rom.1:23 and 1 Tim.1:17). Only our Lord Jesus Christ is said to have immortality (1Tim.6:16).

What do you do with the coming resurrection of the dead in Christ along with we which are alive, tobe caught away to be with Christ? Which shal happen before the tribulation, IMO?
And won't Abraham and all the righteous Israelites and others be resurrected to be in the messianic kingdom?

Last edited:

Bick

On the contrary, Scripture tells us that the soul lives on after our physical death. The soul is that part of man that contains our memories and personality, without which, we would cease to be who we are. The Bible says that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. You can't get any more clear than that.

Php 1:21 ¶ For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

Death=Separation. When it says that a sinning soul shall die, it means that it will be separated from God. Hell is the place where dead souls dwell after physical death.

Re 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Christians Do go to heaven:
Mr 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
(KJV)
Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
People in heaven:
Re 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
(KJV)
Jesus Christ is going to rule and reign on the earth. The believers will be with Him on the earth at that time. Right now believer's go to heaven to be with the Lord Jesus Christ because that is where He is.

To my fellow students of the Scriptures: I am searching for Scriptural truth, just as you are.
As yet, I have found no verses saying our soul is immortal. On the other hand, there are many verses that tell us that man, a living soul,
can die, be destroyed or be dead: see Lev.24:17 ("man" is "soul" in the Hebrew); Num.23:10; Josh.10:28,30,32,35,37,39; Jer.2:34;
Eze.13:19, 22:25-27; and Eze.18:4 which is often quoted:
"The soul that sinnwth it shall die."

What do these verses mean, if not what they say?

Ben Masada

They rejected their Messiah. That's why Jesus was crucified and why Paul and the Disciples were killed as well.

Jesus was not our Messiah. He never could classify even for the title of a Messianic leader. Moses was a Messianic leader because he took the People out of captivity in Egypt and back to the Promised Land.

Later, when we were exiled for the second time into Babylon, at the end of the exile Cyrus of Persia was called by Prophet Isaiah an anointed one because he proclaimed freedom to the Jews to return to the Land of Israel and he financed the rebuilding of the Temple. (Isa. 45:1) Hence, Cyrus acted as a Messianic leader.

What did Jesus do? The Jews were at home, suffering under Roman occupation but at home all the same. Jesus was born, lived his span of life and, soon after he died the Temple was destroyed and the Jews expelled to the 4 corners of the earth in a exile of almost 2,000 years. For that, Jesus could hardly be evenly a Messianic leader; let alone the Messiah.

Ben Masada

In Revelation 2 & 3 Jesus says over and over "I know your works." To know something means to have intimate knowledge of the subject.

Jesus did not say those words but the non-Jewish author of the book did it. The author of the book of Revelation was a Hellenist former disciple of Paul. Jesus was a Jew.

Lon

Sorry Lon, but you are clearly on denial of the truth as you put all your eggs in the basket of Paul. That man had to deflect the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism in order to found his Hellenistic church in the city of Antioch. (Acts 11:26)
Yes, it is an all or none proposition. Hebrews is a book to Jews and makes it very clear that Jesus is the Great high Priest forever. Besides that, I quoted Jeremiah :doh: It is a fact of life that a number of Christians would know the OT better than Jews, but that is talked about in the OT too. Isaiah 6:9

Ben Masada

Yes, it is an all or none proposition. Hebrews is a book to Jews and makes it very clear that Jesus is the Great high Priest forever. Besides that, I quoted Jeremiah :doh: It is a fact of life that a number of Christians would know the OT better than Jews, but that is talked about in the OT too. Isaiah 6:9

Your quote of Isa. 6:9 has absolutely nothing to do with the text under discussion. Could it be you made a mistake? Regarding being the High Priest, one had to be from the Tribe of Levi and Jesus was not. Only according to the gospel of Paul, Jesus had replaced the Priesthood of Israel. (Her. 7:12) Then again, Replacement Theology is not Jewish when Jesus was a Jew.

Lon

Your quote of Isa. 6:9 has absolutely nothing to do with the text under discussion. Could it be you made a mistake? Regarding being the High Priest, one had to be from the Tribe of Levi and Jesus was not. Only according to the gospel of Paul, Jesus had replaced the Priesthood of Israel. (Her. 7:12) Then again, Replacement Theology is not Jewish when Jesus was a Jew.
You can make up whatever you like. Being Jewish, or a gentile messianic (worse than a gentile, if such were possible) doesn't give you an edge in discussion or interpretation. Sorry to break that to you.

xfrodobagginsx

You can make up whatever you like. Being Jewish, or a gentile messianic (worse than a gentile, if such were possible) doesn't give you an edge in discussion or interpretation. Sorry to break that to you.

You have to believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah who died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and accept Him as your Lord and Savior.

xfrodobagginsx

The Bible is God's word. Whatever it says is the truth.

Would you agree?

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Actually its more of a modern day protestant evangelical 'convention'.

pj

Romans 10:9-10

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.