HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Aikido7, I believe in receiving Grace by exercising our FAITH in Christ Jesus for Salvation as the Bible says to do.
God's grace, according to Jesus, is freely offered to all without conditions. If grace is to be offered with a set or list of theological requirements, it is something besides grace.

Jesus said in Matthew that "God makes his sun to shine on the good and the evil ALIKE and sends his rain to fall on BOTH the righteous and the unrighteous."

Elsewhere he also asked "Who made me a judge?"

He taught the Kingdom of God in parables. He did not use propositional theology.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes start by reading this first post and inviting Him into your life...then after you are born again and on your way to heaven, follow in baptism and attend a Bible believing church, read the Bible, pray, ect. Not so that you can be saved, but because you are already saved.

hi frodo. great posts. pretty soon you'll be ready for the big time ! MAD, Jesus Is God, Paul, and other hotly debated threads. i read all the Tolkein books in 7th grade, 82. way before the movies. Bilbo is my favorite. and Gandalf. look forward to seeing you ! God Bless ! ! !

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It should be "How to Pick Up One's Cross and Follow Jesus When We Are Still Around."

I think we need to get free of this "belief-based, Heaven/Hell" conservative faith and start focusing on "action-based" Christianity.

Jesus came to preach the Kingdom of God on Earth "as it is in Heaven." He taught in parables and said nothing in the way of propositional theology used by today's believers.

Heaven is just fine and can manage things quite well as it is.
Earth is where the problems are, as Jesus well knew.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Aikido7, I believe in receiving Grace by exercising our FAITH in Christ Jesus for Salvation as the Bible says to do.
If grace has anything to do with a set of requirements, it is no longer grace.

It becomes a secular notion that has nothing to do with God's love or Jesus's preaching. We always want to "get" something and feel we have to "do" something to get it. It is hard for us to realize a God who--in Jesus's words--"...makes his sun to shine on both the evil AND the good and sends his rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous ALIKE."

I think we can easily see the passion and character of the God that Jesus knew. He did not "believe" in God--He KNEW him intimately.

xfrodobagginsx

The problem is that that's not what the Bible says. It says salvation is by grace through what? F A I T H So obviously, God doesn't consider Exercising F A I T H in Him to be a work. I think He is referring to physical works, not where we place our heart and mind.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die

Ben Masada

Are you a Universalist? The Bible clearly says that salvation only is appropriated to those who actually Believe the Gospel.

That's not what Thomas Aquinas said in the "Summa Theologica." He said that to achieve salvation you must belong in the Catholic Church. What about that?

xfrodobagginsx

hi frodo. great posts. pretty soon you'll be ready for the big time ! MAD, Jesus Is God, Paul, and other hotly debated threads. i read all the Tolkein books in 7th grade, 82. way before the movies. Bilbo is my favorite. and Gandalf. look forward to seeing you ! God Bless ! ! !

You graduated in 1987? I Graduated in 1989. I have poked my head in some of those, but this thread is my passion. Take care!

xfrodobagginsx

Who said so, Paul? That's according to the gospel of Paul. According to the gospel of Jesus, salvation comes from the Jews. (John 4:22)

Jesus preached to the Jews who were still under the Law, NOT the Gentiles.

Mt 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Paul's Gospel of Grace was given to Him by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ and is for the Gentiles.

Ro 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Secondly, the Direct Disciples of Jesus APPROVED of Paul's Message and Writings and accepted them as from the Lord. You should too. Unless you know more than they.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The problem is that that's not what the Bible says. It says salvation is by grace through what? F A I T H So obviously, God doesn't consider Exercising F A I T H in Him to be a work. I think He is referring to physical works, not where we place our heart and mind.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die

Your personal beliefs, interpretation and theology are welcome. Your post definitely helps enlarge the "pool of meaning" in this discussion.

My own faith is all about trying to separate the unique voiceprint of Jesus from the theology, interpretations, legends and metaphors.

LUKE 7:50, 18:24 and numerous other sayings of Jesus...

"Your FAITH has SAVED you."
"Your FAITH has MADE YOU WELL."

etc., etc. etc.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It should be "How to Pick Up One's Cross and Follow Jesus When We Are Still Around."

I think we need to get free of this "belief-based, Heaven/Hell" conservative faith and start focusing on "action-based" Christianity.

Jesus came to preach the Kingdom of God on Earth "as it is in Heaven." He taught in parables and said nothing in the way of propositional theology used by today's believers.

Heaven is just fine and can manage things quite well as it is.
Earth is where the problems are, as Jesus well knew.

Amen!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If grace has anything to do with a set of requirements, it is no longer grace.

Grace is salvation that what God grant us if we are faithful to Jesus.

Salvation is all about Jesus and His teachings. Everything revolve around being faithful to Jesus.

xfrodobagginsx

Salvation is all about BELIEVING Jesus and who He really is, that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and accept His pardon for your sins. If you do, then following Him should come naturally, as you desire to seek and serve Him, not so that you can be saved, but because you are already saved.

xfrodobagginsx

The Big Time? You mean the movies? Lol I do love the Lord of the Rings, which is why I use this Alias when witnessing, however, I have actually been using the Aliases before the Movies. I grew up with the Cartoons and always loved them as well.

Ben Masada

Salvation is all about BELIEVING Jesus and who He really is, that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and accept His pardon for your sins. If you do, then following Him should come naturally, as you desire to seek and serve Him, not so that you can be saved, but because you are already saved.

From what you are already saved, from sins? There has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned. That's in Eccles. 7:20. Even Jesus who was a man upon earth for 33 years of his life was not without sin if you believe Mat. 23:13-33 as he broke the Golden Rule more than several times.

Salvation is about obeying the Law. Do that and I guarantee you to be saved of all troubles.

The best way to follow a religious leader is by keeping his Faith which in the case of Jesus was Judaism. (Rev. 14:12)

Status
Not open for further replies.