How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism and Catholicism

Nanja

If Calvinism is the Gospel then all is lost and we are without hope.

All the reprobates of the world are the seed of the serpent.
They have no hope.

Rom. 11:7b
but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
[/YELLOW]

All the reprobates of the world are the seed of the serpent.
They have no hope.

Rom. 11:7b
but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

~~~~~

The elect in Romans 11:7 were the Jews. God chose the Jewish people to be the keepers of the oracles of God which was the Gospel.

But they rejected their Messiah, so the Gospel went to the Gentiles.

The elect are those who hear the Gospel and believe it.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard the Gospel, believed the Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 and Acts 4:4.

faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (The Gospel) Romans 10:17.

God does not give his Holy Spirit to unbelievers. If you do not embrace the Gospel as your only means of salvation you will never see heaven.

beloved57

The elect in Romans 11:7 were the Jews. God chose the Jewish people to be the keepers of the oracles of God which was the Gospel.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard the Gospel, believed the Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 and Acts 4:4.

faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (The Gospel) Romans 10:17.

God does not give his Holy Spirit to unbelievers. If you do not embrace the Gospel as your only means of salvation you will never see heaven.
You can quote scripture all you want, if you don't believe Calvinism Tulip you don't believe the scriptures you quote or understand them!

Robert Pate

Banned
You can quote scripture all you want, if you don't believe Calvinism Tulip you don't believe the scriptures you quote or understand them!

You are content to remain spiritually blind. Which means that you will remain a religious reprobate. Totally and completely blind to the Gospel that justifies the ungodly and reconciles the world unto God.

beloved57

You are content to remain spiritually blind. Which means that you will remain a religious reprobate. Totally and completely blind to the Gospel that justifies the ungodly and reconciles the world unto God.

You are the one blind to the Gospel, Tulip!

Brother Ducky

In Romans 11:7 Paul seems to distinguish between Israel/Jews and the Elect; not identifying the elect and the Jews.

Robert Pate

Banned
You believe that Pate-ism is your god, and Pate is your pope.

I try not to post my own ideas, but only those that are according to scripture. Have you not noticed all of the scripture references in my articles.

When you post something it is not according to scripture, it is according to the Catholic church. You apparently believe that the Catholic church is the authority and not the Bible.

The Bible is a witness to Christ and his Gospel, without it we know nothing.

Cruciform

I try not to post my own ideas...
In fact, that is ultimately ALL you post.

...but only those that are according to scripture.
Yes, you post your own ideas about what is "according to scripture." Thus, you merely prove my point.

When you post something it is not according to scripture, it is according to the Catholic Church.
Actually, it's both. Your False Dilemma Fallacy, however, is noted.

You apparently believe that the Catholic Church is the authority and not the Bible.
You apparently believe that your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect is the authority, and not the Bible.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Robert Pate

Banned
In fact, that is ultimately ALL you post.

Yes, you post your own ideas about what is "according to scripture." Thus, you merely prove my point.

Actually, it's both. Your False Dilemma Fallacy, however, is noted.

You apparently believe that your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect is the authority, and not the Bible.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

The Bible does not support Catholicism.

There is no mention of a Church in Rome. Paul did not address his letter to a church in Rome. He addressed it to the believers that are in Rome.

The only mention of a Jewish Christian church was in Jerusalem.

In Revelation, John addresses the book of Revelation to the seven churches that were in Asia, Revelation 1:4. Nothing about a church in Rome.

There no connection at all between the Bible and Catholicism. As a matter of fact there is nothing in the New Testament that even resembles Catholicism.

That is why I am not a Catholic.

Cruciform

The Bible does not support Catholicism.There is no mention of a Church in Rome.Paul did not address his letter to a church in Rome.He addressed it to the believers that are in Rome.The only mention of a Jewish Christian church was in Jerusalem.In Revelation, John addresses the book of Revelation to the seven churches that were in Asia, Revelation 1:4.Nothing about a church in Rome.There no connection at all between the Bible and Catholicism.As a matter of fact there is nothing in the New Testament that even resembles Catholicism.That is why I am not a Catholic.
Thus merely proving my statement in Post #92 above.

Cruciform

Rome was a place where Christians were put to death because they would not burn incense to ceasar. It would not have been possible to establish a Christian church in Rome.
Every one of Pate's anti-Catholic claims on this thread have already been categorically refuted many times on various other threads. None of his false assertions, however, does anything whatsoever to negate my statements in Post #92 above, which stands exactly as posted. :yawn:

beloved57

Every one of Pate's anti-Catholic claims on this thread have already been categorically refuted many times on various other threads. None of his false assertions, however, does anything whatsoever to negate my statements in Post #92 above, which stands exactly as posted. :yawn:

Thing is, you and pate both advocate the same thing, salvation by works, by what a person does, and so nullifying the work of Christ!